War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old June 20th, 2005, 05:29 PM

Sergeant

grumbler is on a distinguished road
Default Re: B5 MOD General

Quote:
Norlion said:
Thanks. I notice this mod to be a SLOW game. Still I have 2 friends including myself who plan to take it PBW. We want to use the latest bug free version.
Yes, it is somewhat like the Proportions Mod in that developing your space empire takes many turns.

On the plus side, each turn does not take long because you don't have lots of decisions!

And hopefully you will find that the AI is building ships and planets just as good as yours.

I was trying this weekend to get the Vorlons to work right. For some reason, though, they refuse to arm their fighters and will not give them cockpits. They also are not getting frisky until around turn 100, which is probably about right. If I cannot get them to work in the next coupla hours, I will send the game off without the ancients activated yet.
Old June 20th, 2005, 05:46 PM

Colonel

mottlee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
grumbler said:
Quote:
mottlee said:
Hull is said to have these built into it so I did not add them to it, IF this is so then the mod needs an upd
The unique patrol ship has always worked for me exactly as designed (i.e. with built-in LS and CC), just as have the Unique Scout and the Unique Fast Courier. Do the latter two work correctly for you?

So far the others only have "Repair" on the other hulls, the patrol craft when I pulled the LS and CC out had a Mvt of 2, added went to 8
Old June 20th, 2005, 05:47 PM

Colonel

Quote:
grumbler said:
Quote:
mottlee said:
For some reason this time I also do not have "Ship Yards"
Ship yards have been subsumed into colony hubs. Your real ship construction will be in orbital yards - the colony hubs just give you the ability to construct in space.
OK I can live with that

any Idea as to the next update???
Old June 20th, 2005, 07:37 PM

Private

Norlion is on a distinguished road

grumbler said:

I was trying this weekend to get the Vorlons to work right. For some reason, though, they refuse to arm their fighters and will not give them cockpits. They also are not getting frisky until around turn 100, which is probably about right. If I cannot get them to work in the next coupla hours, I will send the game off without the ancients activated yet.
------------------------------------------------------------
The Great grumbler! I am not worthy! Why to Vorlons need cockpits? They are living ships. Okay I guess if the pure light, I'm so perfectly orderly" Vorlons want a ride in their fighters. I beat their rooms are messy! Do the Fen/Shadows/Vorlons or Technomages lurk in Hyperspace at all? Also Hyperspace should eat up a lot of supply because of all the currents.

I love all the race techs and different crews. Very well thought out.
Old June 20th, 2005, 11:42 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
mottlee said:
So far the others only have "Repair" on the other hulls, the patrol craft when I pulled the LS and CC out had a Mvt of 2, added went to 8
Okay, you just have an early/ bad version of the vehiclesize.dat file. I am uploading the whole thing (probably not tonight, I have to work tomorrow but then tomorrow night) and that should fix the problem.
Old June 20th, 2005, 11:53 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Norlion said:
The Great grumbler! I am not worthy! Why to Vorlons need cockpits? They are living ships. Okay I guess if the pure light, I'm so perfectly orderly" Vorlons want a ride in their fighters. I beat their rooms are messy! Do the Fen/Shadows/Vorlons or Technomages lurk in Hyperspace at all? Also Hyperspace should eat up a lot of supply because of all the currents.

I love all the race techs and different crews. Very well thought out.
Well, "cockpit' is a game concept. you want to include it because the "leaky armors" can allow the control system of fighters to be hit that way. What it really is is a receiver for the Vorlons onboard the mother ship to direct it remotely. Something like it (but not as good) is a findable Ancients tech, "Autonomous vehicles."

The whole hyperspace thing was hashed out a long time ago. Originally, hyperspace sectors did not have stars, so you needed the get out of them before you ran out of supplies. This did not fit the series, though, so they have suns now (though you cannot se them becasue they are the same color as the background).

I tried at one point making all hyperspace sectors "black hole" sectors with a pull of one, so ships had to use power every turn to stay away from the center, but that seemed far more of a hassle than was worthwhile - it just was not fun, and the AI got confused by it (especially with movement 2 colony ships).

So now hyperspace sectors are just regular sectors but with no planets and a cool background.

Any ideas to enhance the hyperspace sectors can go into the final mod if they work.
Old June 21st, 2005, 12:39 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point

Fighters don't have "leaky armors." Unit components do not take damage. Units are 100% functional until they take 100% damage, then they are destroyed. Unless Vorlon "fighters" are actually small ships, in which case this doesn't apply.
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old June 21st, 2005, 03:14 PM

Colonel

Quote:
grumbler said:
Quote:
mottlee said:
Okay, you just have an early/ bad version of the vehiclesize.dat file. I am uploading the whole thing (probably not tonight, I have to work tomorrow but then tomorrow night) and that should fix the problem.
Plz post when you do so we can D/L

Thanks
Old June 21st, 2005, 06:39 PM

Sergeant

Could not get gmail to take the attachment (I need to bone up on gmail again) so I am attaching it here.

Note that ONLY the following races can be played:
Abbai
Brakiri
Centauri
Dilgar
Drazi
Earth Alliance
Hyach
Lorkan
Minbari
Narn Regime
Pakmara
Shagtoth
Vree

You need to get rid of the League of Non-Aligned Worlds (they are now seen as their member races) and the Raiders, Technomages, Vorlons, and Shadows. The latter two should be added in fairly shortly. The Raiders and Technomages are more problematic and may never get added in.

The neutral races are the
Cascor
Gaim
Grome
Hurr
Llort
Lorkans
Markab, and
Yolu

I am finishing up the Ancients, and then will come out with the differentiated weapons (you will note that right now all the races have all the same weapons - I did this so as to be able to make sure there were no unexpected uberweapons). After that, I will differentiate the facilities a bit (adding a few types and making colony and homeworld hubs different for each race).

After that, I will be done except for tweaking, so anyone who wants to see more done had better plan to do it!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 360531-Babylon 5 v2 a.zip (916.8 KB, 110 views)
Old June 21st, 2005, 06:57 PM

Colonel

Cool....Looks like I start a "New" Game!

Fired the puppy up, turn 1, Inaw, AI research for Ship automation and AntiMatter could not be found

not bad for the 19 others in the game