War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old September 30th, 2005, 01:48 PM

Corporal

Beeg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ??

Thanks,

Don't want to rush anyone. The guys sure deserve a break and I think the patch is great. Just curious is all.

Beeg
Old September 30th, 2005, 03:10 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

Beeg,

For a problem as critical as the "reaction 99 issue", I think that a FIX will be issued as soon as possible.

cheers,
Pyros
Old September 30th, 2005, 03:18 PM

Corporal

markgame is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Pyros said:
Beeg,

For a problem as critical as the "reaction 99 issue", I think that a FIX will be issued as soon as possible.

cheers,
Pyros
I would agree with this as well. Just an upgraded exe file would be ok. I don't even need the installer
Old October 1st, 2005, 11:07 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,499 Times in 2,715 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Side-effect of reaction turn 98

Quote:
Pyros said:
Yes nosrac,

This should create problems with every delay/defend generated battle/campaign, in which the deployment is set to AI.

cheers,
Pyros

?????? Really? I just tested this three times with the AI defending a generated battle and nobody leaped out of their foxholes from the AI defenders side right away. There IS coding that will send defenders off to counter attack but from what I've seen so far with generated battles from the AI side they are not advacing on the first turn. The last test was a French assault vs Russian defend in a 43 turn game and I see the Russian reaction turns have been set ( this occurs after the game starts ) to 23, 19, 21 and 21 turns and it was turn 5 when I checked that and the first French units were just making contact with the lead Russian defenders and ALL Russian defenders are in their original foxholes

Scenarios are a different issue. I am unable to contact Andy at this time as he is in the middle of moving but I think the reaction 98/99 issue was intended to be set maually by the scenario designer. Yes, it's a pain....that's the cost of the added control

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old October 2nd, 2005, 02:03 AM

Private

Stirling is on a distinguished road

The generated battles work. Everything else doesn't (including generated campaigns).

Hope that is a helpful clue so that it gets fixed soon, seeing as how the game is broken for my purposes (generated campaigns).

Generated battles are very good sometimes, though, so not all is lost until a fix. And human battles are still fine I assume.
Old October 2nd, 2005, 09:11 AM

Private

alioli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DRG said:
?????? Really? I just tested this three times with the AI defending a generated battle and nobody leaped out of their foxholes from the AI defenders side right away. There IS coding that will send defenders off to counter attack but from what I've seen so far with generated battles from the AI side they are not advacing on the first turn. The last test was a French assault vs Russian defend in a 43 turn game and I see the Russian reaction turns have been set ( this occurs after the game starts ) to 23, 19, 21 and 21 turns and it was turn 5 when I checked that and the first French units were just making contact with the lead Russian defenders and ALL Russian defenders are in their original foxholes
Well, I just did a very quick test battle, Israeli assault on Egyptian defense on a 20x20 map. I just bought some snipers to observe. At turn five, I saw the first enemy squad coming out of its foxholes. At turn seven or eight it looked like a full scale counter-attack. Could the size of the map affect this? The number of points? Anything?

I ask because I often like to play small reinforced company size campaigns, or battles, and this could prove annoying for most assaults.
Old October 2nd, 2005, 09:56 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The number of turns in the game will affect the reaction numbers. It's easy to check. Build a game as you would normally then save it after playing a couple of turns. Load the save and set it to both sides Human. When the P2 defender starts up go to the HQ menu and you will see all the reaction turns in light blue. I'm looking at a 30 turn game on a 160x130 map and the reaction turns of the defenders is 15-4-14-20-17-20-24-12-15-16-17-13-16-18

I'll check into campaings later today

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old October 2nd, 2005, 01:22 PM

Corporal

Beeg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Side-effect of reaction turn 98 *DELETED*

Post deleted by Beeg
Old October 2nd, 2005, 03:49 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

I did some more testing on the AI delay/defend mechanism and judging from the results (data of several generated battles) I concluded that in version 1.0 approximately the 60% of units had assigned as reaction turn the value 99, while in version 2.0 none unit had assigned as reaction turn the value 99.

More precisely:

In the version 1.0 the 60% of AI units had assigned as reaction the turn 99 and the rest had assigned a number of turns that was around the 50% of game length

In version 2.0 all the units got a reaction turn around (+/-10%) the 50% of game length (their gravity center was around 50% of game length), and NONE unit had assigned the reaction value of 99.

Now, if you generate a battle with 5-6 turns in version 2.0 and you examine the after-battle "view map" you get the wrong impression that everyone is on the move from beginning... while on the other hand if you generate the same battle on version 1.0 you get the feeling that almost everyone is holding ground.

cheers,
Pyros
Old October 2nd, 2005, 04:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

It's on the to-do list.

Don