.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old August 10th, 2006, 03:49 PM

Sergeant

Psientist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mod Update: Babylon 5 Shadowfall

It's all the same problem. A number of the fleets are not generating. The crash log you sent me showed that I was generating too many ships in the mod, exceeding the engine limitations (256 max ships in the game at any point). The mod would generate all the race fleets until it hit its limit, then just stop. On my Mac, it would play; on the PC, it would sometimes crash (but obviously not always).

Quest-generated fleets / ships would then also not get generated - the Vorlon destroyer (which is what should be summoned), the Drazi sunhawk, and very probably the fighters from the Narn G'Quan cruiser fighter bay.

I have significantly reduced fleet / ship numbers in the mod so that they should be less than 2/3 the maximum limit at most. However, it hasn't seemed to be changing the behavior of the mod, so there might be something else that is causing it to not generate more fleets past a certain point and I don't know what. I can post my latest version, and if you could share any crash logs (if any appear), that might give a clue... but I wouldn't make any bets!
Old August 11th, 2006, 01:58 AM

Corporal

ImUrOBGYN is on a distinguished road

Yea, put it up or send it to my email address. I replied to yours a couple days ago.
Old August 11th, 2006, 02:31 PM

Sergeant

OK, here you go. Send me a few crash logs if you get them. Crossing fingers...
Attached Files
File Type: zip 438193-b5shadowfall_v22.zip (3.99 MB, 311 views)
Old August 12th, 2006, 01:40 AM

Corporal

Cool, I'll give it a shot here in a few minutes. If I don't post later tonight, I should be able to by Sunday.
Old August 12th, 2006, 03:41 PM

Private

Captain_Kuroyi is on a distinguished road

Hey, in 2.1 I always also crash when a Minbari Ship joins me.

The ship is red and blinking as if damaged and I can't access it to check its equiptement.
If I get into any fight later, it crashes as soon as the battle screen is loaded. Couldn't check it in 2.2 jet.

Cheers
Old August 13th, 2006, 04:30 PM

Corporal

Ok, so far...

No crashes so far! Haven't played the large map yet.

Vorlon Beacon is working.

Narn fighter bay still does not work. They're not very powerful already and without that, they're really weak. Which is sad because I really liked the Narn on the show. Especially the delegate. (Can't remember name offhand but you use his avatar.)

Will it ever be possible to make allies/enemies when entering a multiple race planet/battle screen? Generally, even if I kill every race in the battle, it still doesn't have any bearing on my future relations nor am I ever able to make allies.

BTW, I noticed the little stars move on the map. Took me awhile, lol. I had to go back and check the original version. Didn't think they had 'em. Nice touch. Going back to the original.. hardly remembered what it looked like. Though the nebulas look pretty cool.

I don't know if I'm missing something because it doesn't work or not. I'm going to go back through your 'readme', etc later and see if there's anything you implemented that I've yet to find or come across. Or you could just send me all the quests, etc and make it easier for me.

Attached is my latest stdout file. No crashes, so the other file was not produced.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 438422-stdout.txt (2.0 KB, 224 views)
Old August 13th, 2006, 05:30 PM

Sergeant

In multi-race battles, I think all diplomacy is suspended. I think the game design documentation mentions somewhere that they had planned on implementing "betrayal" and other features into such events, but never got around to it.

Glad to see everything else is pretty stable right now in v2.2.
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:04 PM

Corporal

In previous versions and various other mods, there were times when I would meet two races or more without having established a relationship with them and have been asked to join their side. I've even been asked to join the side of both races one after the other! I'll see if I can find the text in the default folder for this.

Okay... I remember this happening with the Zorg before, for example. Here's text from the file zorg.ini located in C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\Weird Worlds\default\gamedata\races. I've also attached the zorg.ini file but in notepad. (Forum won't let me attach an .ini file.)

The first one is if you've already established a friendly relationship with the Zorg the second paragraph is if you haven't attacked or established a friendly relationship with them. Two possible requests for each.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TEXT greetallyfriendly
<color=990>Uninvited guests come to pilfer from the table of wisdom, yet they do not express humility nor do they relinquish arms at the door. We ask your aid that we may teach these curs some manners.<color=999>
<color=990>Although our adversaries' negative waves convey ill intentions, our auguries portend victory. Will you join us in celebration as we confront them?<color=999>
END

TEXT greetallyneutral
<color=990>Uninvited guests come to pilfer from the table of wisdom, yet they do not express humility nor do they relinquish arms at the door. We ask your aid that we may teach these curs some manners.<color=999>
<color=990>Although our adversaries' negative waves convey ill intentions, our auguries portend victory. Will you join us in celebration as we confront them?<color=999>
END
Attached Files
File Type: txt 438457-zorg.txt (4.1 KB, 283 views)
Old August 14th, 2006, 02:30 PM

Private

LSTAR is on a distinguished road

Heh. Love the mod. It's great fun and better than the full game I'd say. But, I'm afraid to add that I've had ally-able aliens for some time (I probably sohuld have mentioned it...).
Old August 14th, 2006, 11:34 PM

Corporal

Hate to be the harbinger, but here's the files after the crash. The usual, on my way to a planet and just as I arrived, it crashed to desktop.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 438589-stderr.txt (59 Bytes, 132 views)