.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 14th, 2006, 06:08 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hilarious R\'lyeh Dreamlands moment (SPOILER)

The freespawn masses do let you wage a war of attrition. While without backup from real troops, they'll die in droves (archer-heavy nations in particular can carve them up -- if you're fighting Jomon samurai with just dreamers and madmen, you can expect heavy losses due to large differences in equipment and training...), but there will be replacements.

Blade wind would also be ugly, methinks. But massed archers are an obvious weakness.

Be careful not to let your freespawn starve your illithids into disease. The supply allocation routines are non-deterministic, if memory serves.
Old October 14th, 2006, 09:21 PM

Corporal

Theonlystd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hilarious R\'lyeh Dreamlands moment (SPOILER)

Illithid Lords going insane really hurts..Heck of a time keeping everyone moving with even them going insane.

And the freespawn are pretty horrible vs nations tho the hybrds with the armor piercing tenactles arent so bad imho but they pretty much die in droves.. 400 vs 80... Losing 200 or more units was common and that where battles i won with em.. I mostly used the free spawn armies as scouts and raiders throw em at the enm to see the makeup of the enm and hopefully do some damage. I didnt really care if they lived or not might as well disrupt the other dudes income and armies.

And hard to get nature magic plus large armies with population declining supplying armies was fun.

But was my funnist game so far.