.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 24th, 2008, 07:33 AM

Corporal

hoo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let the Ascension War End!

argh! I carefully scripted the battle and marignon's capitol but then forgot to email my turn. Glad the game is done!

I figure that TC is the toughest country but Pan + Agartha >TC +Bog. (although, I had master enslave scripted which would have given me about 2/rds of Mary's troops after they were flame blessed (if everything went according to odds). I planned to take control of his army and then cast fog warrriors/luck same turn so my new troops would be pretty awesome). If that worked (plus life 4 life btw), I'd continue my counter attack and should hurt him badly with his main army gone..

sigh.
Old July 25th, 2008, 07:31 AM

BANNED USER

Omnirizon is on a distinguished road

are we voting on winner?

i guess i must say i'm partial to Pan. cleveland's played them strong all game long, and i recall seeing him flip like the northern quarter of mict's empire in one turn; just like that.

it is really hard to tell though. i've just now started pumping out bunches of SC's, of course I kill them just as quickly with poorly planned raids on Pyth's capital. i keep forgetting to not take the iron dragons with me, all that happens is they get controlled, turn on me, and I rout due to losing all my dragons, even if they are no match for my tomb oracles.

the bad thing about 72+ hour turns is i keep forgetting what happened last turn that killed all my guys, and i keep just repeating the same mistakes.
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:50 AM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road

Well thank you Omni, thats very kind. But I must conceed that in a head-to-head matchup, TC would beat me. My strategy has relied too heavily on huge armies and not enough SCs...consequently, I can never really go on the attack, save for the occasional small sneaky raiding party.
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:35 AM

Corporal

hoo is on a distinguished road

I pretty much think it's a split between TC and Pan. TC is the strongest country but I'm not sure TC could beat both Pan and Agartha at once. I'd help TC but Bogarus is very, very weak.

So anyway: My vote for winner:
1) TC/PAN as co-winners

if that's not acceptable then TC as sole winner.
Old July 25th, 2008, 02:38 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Omnirizon said:
i guess i must say i'm partial to Pan. cleveland's played them strong all game long, and i recall seeing him flip like the northern quarter of mict's empire in one turn; just like that.
With respect to Cleveland, flipping that part of my empire was not challenging. In major wars in the late game, territories constantly change hands at an amazing rate. Bombing spells just make it too easy. Even in the weakened state that Mict was in at the last turn of the war, I could "capture" up to 6/provinces a turn just with bombing.

You do have a point that it would be difficult to defeat both Agartha and Pan at the same time. However I think it likely that TC could have kept Pan off balance long enough to defeat Agartha (since they are so much closer to his power center). My vote is still for TC, but I would not object if Cleveland and DC decided to split the win.
Old July 25th, 2008, 02:44 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Ah, sorry guys. I didnt have time to check the thread about where to move armies. I just re-opened my turn to send Belial (my ultra SC) in battle and also to cast Armageddon.

Hahhaha, never cast that before. It was super fun
Old July 25th, 2008, 02:56 PM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road

Ha! I had this brilliant plan to send in a huge number of Blood mages scripted for Hell Power, and a huge number of Astral mages scripted for Astral Geyser...except your damn Armageddon killed all my Astral mages! Hilarity ensued!
Old July 25th, 2008, 03:09 PM

Sergeant

Zenzei is on a distinguished road

Hi, just stumbled here by accident and noticed Ironhawk's note about Armageddon, wth is that and what does it do?
Old July 25th, 2008, 04:30 PM

Captain

sansanjuan is on a distinguished road

All,
EA DeadlyMedley (int/advanced) has two spots open for those of you winding down... I figured I'll get thrashed... but I'm into that!
-SSJ

"I yam what I yam" - Popeye
Old July 25th, 2008, 08:02 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ironhawk said:
Quote:
Omnirizon said:
With respect to Cleveland, flipping that part of my empire was not challenging. In major wars in the late game, territories constantly change hands at an amazing rate. Bombing spells just make it too easy. Even in the weakened state that Mict was in at the last turn of the war, I could "capture" up to 6/provinces a turn just with bombing.

You do have a point that it would be difficult to defeat both Agartha and Pan at the same time. However I think it likely that TC could have kept Pan off balance long enough to defeat Agartha (since they are so much closer to his power center). My vote is still for TC, but I would not object if Cleveland and DC decided to split the win.
TC had Marignon lined up to attack Pan as well.
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.