winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old September 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OT: Wii\'s Star Trek game

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbluck View Post
Well, for starters, you can adjust the rules (at the top of your screen when choosing between balloon or coin battles). There, you can change things like the AI difficulty, whether there ARE AI, what kind of vehicles the AI can drive, who picks the battle maps, etc. etc. etc. This rules-adjustment option is available for races, too, not just the battles.
Can't turn off AIs for the single-player battles. You didn't mention anything about the other problems though, the number and the teams. Are there options for that buried in there somewhere?

Quote:
Considering the mini turbo effects of a good jump, is it really that surprising that jumps are instituted into the default maps?
Yes, it is surprising that every single map features them prominently. All the previous Mario Kart games had a decent variety of maps available from the get-go, but the Wii version has 1 with minor alterations. At least Mario Kart DS only had one of those stupid jump centric maps. The prospect of having to play through crappy maps to unlock old ones, that may or may not be the good ones of the old games, is not very appealing. Especially so if you only unlock old maps, and there are no new ones to the series that are of any merit. At least they managed to have Smash Brothers start off with a half-decent set of battle maps..

Quote:
As for the shell mechanics you mentioned, I honestly hadn't noticed. I hadn't experienced any problems with the 3 shells not offering much protection (they protected me just fine, until it was down to just one shell).
They were offering some protection, but their bounding boxes seem much narrower than previous iterations, allowing more items to get past them.

Quote:
And I've found that equipping an item behind you is still an effective defense against shells coming from behind you (why would they protect against shells from any other direction?)
They do offer protection from directly behind, but with narrower bounding boxes, the angle of protection is much diminished. This reduces the effects of defensive items, making the game much more biased towards the attacker than in versions past.

Quote:
Besides, these seem kinda nit-picky to me. I was having to much fun playing the game to nit-pick it to death.
Completely altering the defense mechanics, making the combat much more offense-oriented, is not at all nit-picky.
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old October 20th, 2008, 04:38 PM

Captain

dmm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Wii's Star Trek game

The Wii Star Wars game is fun to play and fun to watch your kids play (both them and what's on the screen).

I don't think anyone in my household knows that you can use items in MarioKart to guard your rear end. Thanks, everybody! Now I'm going to use that info on my unsuspecting children. Mwuhahahah!!
Old October 22nd, 2008, 12:57 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OT: Wii's Star Trek game

Just hold the fire button down so you don't release them right away.