This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old May 27th, 2009, 03:56 AM

BANNED USER

chuckfourth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Landing Craft port into another dimension.

Well done Donald
Just in case its of interest while your in the area the other two times this has happened to me they were on a user built map(wake island which I built) and a game generated map.
Best regards Chuck.
Old May 27th, 2009, 07:04 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
does not show the grey map edges like a normal
On the odd ocasion with both generated & user made modified map some grey hexes may not show or have very little grey, just the odd strip not an entire border. Placing water does seem one that can throw up but unless you are new to the game would have thought it was obvious all border hexes are treated as grey retreat/exit hexes.
Perhaps a note in the game guide for those that dont realise if it does not say already.
Old May 27th, 2009, 08:37 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,525 Times in 2,727 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Quote:
does not show the grey map edges like a normal
On the odd ocasion with both generated & user made modified map some grey hexes may not show or have very little grey, just the odd strip not an entire border. Placing water does seem one that can throw up but unless you are new to the game would have thought it was obvious all border hexes are treated as grey retreat/exit hexes.
Perhaps a note in the game guide for those that dont realise if it does not say already.

I've made a note to add that to the GG. Now all we have to do is get people to READ IT . Long experience has taught me that saying ....."thought it was obvious " is a guarantee that it will not be obvious to everybody.

Also, the celebration for fixing the map was short lived. I discovered this morning that although the grey map edges appeared to be fixed late last night I discovered this morning that ANY editing on the map causes them to disappear again so avoid any edge hex that looks like an edge hex or doesn't look like a normal edge hex. I've got a couple of other tricks I can try to fix this but it's a DOS version 3 map made 14 releases ago and it's great news it works at all.

Don

Last edited by DRG; May 27th, 2009 at 08:44 AM..
Old May 27th, 2009, 10:14 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Good luck with that I have noticed the editor does on occasion leave a partial grey hex but has not bothered me. May be caused by using fill tool extensivly at map edge.
One thing I have noticed is rail lines seem to cause problems at times possibly linked to pavement as follows.

If doing city so place rail lines & or pavement first to get general layout area within 2-3 hexes of rail becomes problematic.
Cannot place buildings sometimes trees to in certain hexes.
In some instances clearing the pavement from the hex then allows placement but its hit & miss.
I am not talking multi hex buildings which rail could possibly prevent but single hex buildings.
On a very odd occasion it gets confused & chucks up an invisible slope in an area
Liveable with if annoying at times as have to restructure but I am guessing the code for terrain is interlinked & finding whats going on could be fun & might break something in the generator which is a great tool. All this flexibility you provide the end user carries the price of something else to house a glitch as even a little change seems capable of having unexpected results
Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:49 AM

BANNED USER

Just in case it is of interest and possibly relevant. If you drop paras too close to the map edge and the randomiser puts the drop off the map then that particular drop is relocated to the centre or thereabouts of the map. Embarassing on a large map.
Best Regards Chuck.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:44 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,525 Times in 2,727 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

It's that or remove them from the game altogether if they are dropped "off map" and we decided to go this route rather than have players who try to cut it too fine left with nothing on map. Para drops were frequently no where near the intended target area. I would suggest if this is a problem for you then modifying your drop zone expectations a bit would be worth considering

Don
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:51 AM

BANNED USER

No problemo
Might be a handy bit of info for the gig guide.