.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Air Assault Task Force- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

   







Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Anaconda's Avatar

Anaconda Anaconda is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 678
Thanks: 67
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Anaconda is on a distinguished road
Default Others looking for Solium Infernum?

After a decent delay, Solium Infernum is finally at a demo stage - says developer in his blog Forgotten Lore.

Anybody here played Cryptic Comet's previous game, Armageddon Empires, and got addicted? Mostly the only thing the game was missing is MP, a problem Solium should not have. Demo that is aimed to go out in Wednesday has only hot seat but supposedly the final cut will have whole nine yards making it considerable game for all interested in "intellectual challange" as tester put.

Hopefully the wait comes to pay, for I anticipate it being a real punch.
__________________
"Mikään ei voita reipasta sotilaallista meininkiä, paitsi vieläkin reippaampi sotilaallinen meininki."

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old November 24th, 2009, 10:10 AM

Attle Attle is offline
Private
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 31
Thanks: 33
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Attle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Others looking for Solium Infernum?

Found out about it yesterday, seems really nice! A lot like the board game The Hellgame which I am very fond of!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 24th, 2009, 03:44 PM

tka tka is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Finland
Posts: 81
Thanks: 19
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tka is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Others looking for Solium Infernum?

Hell yes!

Edit: Tom Chicks Solium Infernum game diaries are worth reading. http://fidgit.com/archives/2009/11/s...lazy_greed.php

Last edited by tka; November 24th, 2009 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: just recalled something to say
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:21 AM

happygeek happygeek is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 82
Thanks: 26
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
happygeek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Others looking for Solium Infernum?

Excuse me, I have never heard of this developer, nor this product in particular. The website was interesting but not particularly informative. Might I ask one question:
- The FAQ claims the game's average length will be 25-50 turns; I already know and love an *excellent* short-length MP game, which sadly has no SP mode to speak of -- could you tell me if this developer is known for / do you believe this developer is capable of outfitting this TBS with a good AI for SP?
thank you
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old November 25th, 2009, 06:10 AM

romis romis is offline
Private
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
romis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Others looking for Solium Infernum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaconda View Post
After a decent delay, Solium Infernum is finally at a demo stage - says developer in his blog Forgotten Lore.

Anybody here played Cryptic Comet's previous game, Armageddon Empires, and got addicted? Mostly the only thing the game was missing is MP, a problem Solium should not have. Demo that is aimed to go out in Wednesday has only hot seat but supposedly the final cut will have whole nine yards making it considerable game for all interested in "intellectual challange" as tester put.

Hopefully the wait comes to pay, for I anticipate it being a real punch.
it sounds interesting, however i just played the demo for empires. wow that is tedious. click start, click accept, click roll, click okay, click finish, click start, click accept, click.... a simple battle of 6 combatants was so mind numbingly boring to me that i immediately uninstalled. if its the same type of card game for solium, i seriously hope they stream line it a little and remove some of the tedium. Then again, not every game is meant for every person.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:28 AM
mathusalem's Avatar

mathusalem mathusalem is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: France (Paris)
Posts: 227
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
mathusalem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Others looking for Solium Infernum?

Yes I am waiting for IS too !
I played a lot to Armageddon Empires and I hope IS will be funny as AE
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:05 PM
djo's Avatar

djo djo is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: west of DC
Posts: 587
Thanks: 6
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
djo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Others looking for Solium Infernum?

Holy cow, Mac users, take note! There are Mac system requirements listed! I admit the "Armageddon Empires" demo didn't do much for me, but any time there is another Mac TBS game, that's a good thing. Thanks for the heads-up.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old November 25th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Anaconda's Avatar

Anaconda Anaconda is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 678
Thanks: 67
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Anaconda is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Others looking for Solium Infernum?

According to the most recent blog post the dev team (him self?) concentrated heavily on AI in order to offer challenging solo gaming experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygeek View Post
Excuse me, I have never heard of this developer, nor this product in particular. The website was interesting but not particularly informative. Might I ask one question:
- The FAQ claims the game's average length will be 25-50 turns; I already know and love an *excellent* short-length MP game, which sadly has no SP mode to speak of -- could you tell me if this developer is known for / do you believe this developer is capable of outfitting this TBS with a good AI for SP?
thank you
__________________
"Mikään ei voita reipasta sotilaallista meininkiä, paitsi vieläkin reippaampi sotilaallinen meininki."

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old November 25th, 2009, 09:45 PM
S.R. Krol's Avatar

S.R. Krol S.R. Krol is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 495
Thanks: 4
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
S.R. Krol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Others looking for Solium Infernum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djo View Post
Holy cow, Mac users, take note! There are Mac system requirements listed! I admit the "Armageddon Empires" demo didn't do much for me, but any time there is another Mac TBS game, that's a good thing. Thanks for the heads-up.
Hmm, not seeing them. Only PC at the moment and from a forum post by Vic: "It's PC only right now. I'm going to investigate a Mac version but the performance has to be better than what I got for AE."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Anaconda's Avatar

Anaconda Anaconda is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 678
Thanks: 67
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Anaconda is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Others looking for Solium Infernum?

Damn it, it is out and it is only for PC. There goes my TG entertainment.
__________________
"Mikään ei voita reipasta sotilaallista meininkiä, paitsi vieläkin reippaampi sotilaallinen meininki."

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1999 - 2018, Shrapnel Games, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.