.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old March 29th, 2012, 02:14 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default CoE3 sprites project

The extracted sprites from Conquest of Elysium 3 are here:

http://llamaserver.net/llamabeast/coe3_sprites.zip

Many thanks to lch for the script which allowed me to extract them.

Now, there are lots of lovely new sprites here. However I have not really played CoE3 much (to be honest I prefer dom3), so I haven't looked at many of them. I'd like to propose two projects:

1) Identify new sprites for existing dom3 monsters, which dom3 might benefit from using (in a mod like CBM). For example the manticore.

2) Identify awesome sprites that we could use to make new monsters in a mod (probably not CBM). New summons are always fun and most of the work is in the sprites.

With these two objectives in mind, submissions will be very gratefully received (with sprite file numbers).
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
The Following User Says Thank You to llamabeast For This Useful Post:
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:10 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CoE3 sprites project

That's a great idea! I'll definitely look through the file.

Of course it's your call if you think it better to have a new "monster" mod but I just want to say that some of these could be of use to add national summons to CBM since IMO those really add flavor to the game (in one of my games Agartha cast open the seal which was great fun because in addition to its other effects it included new national SCs).

Since the sprites require so much work this could be a great way to add more national content (they don't even have to better than the commonly available summons - as long as they aren't worse I'd summon them just for flavor).
Old March 30th, 2012, 04:06 AM

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Hmm yes, national summons is a really nice idea. I would be keen to do that if appropriately interesting sprites were found.
Old March 30th, 2012, 04:06 AM

PS Glad you liked Open the Seal! I had a lot of fun making that.
Old March 30th, 2012, 09:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Some of the CoE sprites are from days before Dominions 1. Others have been updated in the last few months. Im hoping for a steady flow both directions between CoE3 and Dom3.

Also the same flow for modded additions by players. CoE3 is about to add the ability for creating new nations. Its not up to the really extensive fancy Dom3 mods but mods that were mostly based on thematic artwork, especially from the early days of Dom3 modding, should port over nicely. And of course, any made for CoE3 should easily port to Dom3.

HOPEFULLY at some point in the future, the broken scenario commands in Dom3 will get fixed and even expanded. It would be great if the storyline quests and campaign maps in CoE3 could someday port back to Dom3.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old March 30th, 2012, 02:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

elmokki is on a distinguished road

...except for CoE3 and Dom3 not really sharing anything apart from graphics in terms of mod things. You don't port mods from one to another, you copy sprites and make a new mod based on those.

If someone copies any sprites I've made and makes a CoE3 nation/character/whatever based on those and calls it a port I'm insulted since it just simply isn't a port. Using sprites and telling they used sprites from my Dom3 content is absolutely fine though of course. Hell, you can even use the name, it just needs to be called "inspired by and uses sprites of" instead of "port"