Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 31st, 2012, 12:36 PM

Sergeant

scJazz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OpFire during unload

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
The solution is simple slow down you probably paid the price by rushing those units back up instead of spending an extra turn to do it the safer way or didnt scout the area well enough in the first place.
Game wise you paid the price for your haste, real life you had best hope nobody realised it was you that gave the order cause you are going to have some mighty explaining & morale boosting to do.

Popping smoke works just fine its standard practice if you cant find somewhere safe to unload, smoke is a very powerful tool.
Why does everyone assume this was rushed? I'm talking about a secured VHex cluster that was cleared like 3 or 4 turns ago. I go back with a damaged APC. I gather the lagging/damaged units and drop them off discovering that now that the smoke has cleared from all the fighting 1 MG previously unfired/detected has LOS and KAPOW!
Old March 31st, 2012, 08:35 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scJazz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
The solution is simple slow down you probably paid the price by rushing those units back up instead of spending an extra turn to do it the safer way or didnt scout the area well enough in the first place.
Game wise you paid the price for your haste, real life you had best hope nobody realised it was you that gave the order cause you are going to have some mighty explaining & morale boosting to do.

Popping smoke works just fine its standard practice if you cant find somewhere safe to unload, smoke is a very powerful tool.
Why does everyone assume this was rushed? I'm talking about a secured VHex cluster that was cleared like 3 or 4 turns ago. I go back with a damaged APC. I gather the lagging/damaged units and drop them off discovering that now that the smoke has cleared from all the fighting 1 MG previously unfired/detected has LOS and KAPOW!
Now you are getting to the verge of whining

No VH's are ever totally secure,just b/c you taken them,especialy if you plan to guard them with mostly spent units.

It would be better for score purposes,if you just got them off the board.
Old April 1st, 2012, 12:23 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So it still sounds like you made a tactical error, who was on look out guarding the Vhexes the enemy has time to move units in place or it just waited for a juicy target rather than give its position away.
I would call that delaying tactics & suggest you should be more cautious in the future or you will be caught out again.
Think about it its a common tactic, heck snipers were near enough invented for it.
Your guys got out of their ride milled about having a smoke & securing their equipment before heading off on foot because the area is secure. The MG crew cant believe their luck its such a good target they have to risk giving their position away.
To me the game simulated things pretty well, okay in RL the MG crew would probably bug out pronto which the AI probably wont do but they did their job.
I would say then the code works just fine simulating what would likely happen, its what sets this game apart from other games over the years this game has been tweaked so what happens feels right. Yes it can be frustrating at times but thats war nothing is certain & its those surefire things that turn to poo that keep you on your toes.
Old April 1st, 2012, 05:41 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

Yeah,I have just gotten back playing the AI after years of playing pbem mostly.

One thing that is interesting, is the fact most human players will almost always commit all thier forces before the game is half done.
Where as the AI may or not,save forces in reserve for a nasty surprise in the latter half