.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 30th, 2012, 11:26 AM

Sergeant

Nightfall is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie/Intermediate FF game: A Totally Civil Union [send pretenders]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardphoenix View Post
Hey, guys.... Oceania got TWO gemgens. I mean, that`s +45 gems out of thin air and a perfect position to attack most capitals... On a nation with great SC-chassis. Are we going to do something - or just sit there and watch him running away with the game?
CBM Oceania is a decent nation, not what it was in vanilla.
More than a little alarmist and misleading, unless of course your definition of 'out of thin air' is somehow code for a huge investment in research and gems.

Pretty rude too, since I've been pretty nice and helpfull to you all game... I suspect the main reason though is that I beat you to Earth Blood.

Guess you'll just have to make do with Mother Oak and GoH, which I expect will be along shortly.

And the only buff I can see in CBM for EA is an extra random on the Kings, not sure that even makes up for the loss of natural clamming ability.

By the way, since I've gone to a lot of trouble to have scouts; I actually know, rather than just guessing, who's in the prime position at the moment. But strangely I don't feel the need to spew it out in public.

As for your 'suggestion', well, thanks to Ragnarok, I think that most of the other players will realise how horrid fighting my sacreds will be underwater, espescially when backed up by Kings, and that I'm still not a major threat to them on land...
Old June 30th, 2012, 12:22 PM

Sergeant

Shardphoenix is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie/Intermediate FF game: A Totally Civil Union [send pretenders]

Quote:
More than a little alarmist and misleading
Two globals. Two gemgens. One of them being the second best gemgen in game (the first being Arcane Nexus, and that says something).
Quote:
Pretty rude too, since I've been pretty nice and helpfull to you all game...
True, but you`re really the biggest fish in our small pond currently.
Quote:
suspect the main reason though is that I beat you to Earth Blood.
Never was a part of my strategy - too much Agartha/Marverni in this game.
Quote:
Guess you'll just have to make do with Mother Oak and GoH, which I expect will be along shortly.
Maybe. Or maybe not. Pan doesn`t really need GoH, you see - all Pan forces have recuperation and very long lifespans. And no native Death access in EA to leverage tartarians.
Quote:
As for your 'suggestion', well, thanks to Ragnarok, I think that most of the other players will realise how horrid fighting my sacreds will be underwater, espescially when backed up by Kings
So we totally should give you time to leverage your huge multi-gem income into endless streams of Wendigos and Hidden in Snow. Yeah, sounds very smart.

Last edited by Shardphoenix; June 30th, 2012 at 12:36 PM..
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:49 PM

Major General

Ragnarok-X is an unknown quantity at this point

I think by now its perfectly obvious how strong Oceania is, income wise and and bless. I dont think any one other player does have 3 fully equpped SCs making landfall.
Old June 30th, 2012, 07:53 PM

Sergeant

Nightfall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardphoenix View Post
So we totally should give you time to leverage your huge multi-gem income into endless streams of Wendigos and Hidden in Snow. Yeah, sounds very smart.
No native death magic genius...
Old June 30th, 2012, 08:26 PM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

Grabs popcorn, settles in for the show ....
Old July 1st, 2012, 01:59 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
No native death magic genius...
You only need 2d on your god to craft a skull staff and summon first wendigo. And then in several turns it`s big enough to summon another wendigoes. It`s not like tarts, where you need to climb all the way to D7 (so you need either a D5 pretender, RoS/RoW or unique scepter) and then not many of them are capable of summoning each other.
But even if you don`t have D - grendelkin are fine too. Or you can get into D game with krakens. You have more than enough W gems for it.
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

HoleyDooley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok-X View Post

Its no big deal though, im only in to hurt Agartha since the last 10 turns.
I say old boy, jolly decent of you hanging around and all.
Many a lesser chap would have just said "tally ho, I'm off" and gone to blighty...what!
Old July 4th, 2012, 10:39 PM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

Most amusing turn.

I managed to nail one of Marverni's (=Ragnarok X's) marauding armies, with a bunch of communioned druids in it - overall, a quite satisfying victory, except that he nailed my pretender god on turn 2 or 3 with a soul slay. Well done, buddy - revenge for me nailing your pretender a few turns back :-D

Also, there is this tongue of land about three provinces wide to the south of me. Lanka originally owned it. Then Pan invaded it, with a larger army - but once you are in the corridor, there is not way out (unless you want to start a war with another country) - so then an army of Lankans followed the Pan dudes up and trounced them. Then Pan did it back. Then Lanka again. And now a HUUUUGE army of Pan dudes is marching up the corridor. Truly, this most excellent viewing :-)
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:27 AM

Major General

Ragnarok-X is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, honestly, i would have expected a few more kills. Of course, once the druids started to target your guys with amulet of anti-protection and to make it worse decided to cast blade wind, it all went to hell. But, at least the Snowman is no more
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
so then an army of Lankans followed the Pan dudes up and trounced them
In fact, they didn`t. I was sneaky.