.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old November 2nd, 2013, 07:25 AM

Private

Paulus_PAK is on a distinguished road
Default Race for Tehran - problem with core force

Sorry to grumble in my first post, but The Race for Tehran 2009 campaign in unplayable with default core force. All Abrams tanks don't have main guns, just like the screenshot shows. Of course you can walkaround this problem, but changing the core to open and choosing units by yourself. With 35000 points (default core is worth something around this number) player can construct any interesting battlegroup - I'm currently playing with a nice Bundeswehr kampfgruppe.
I have Enhanced CD edition, version 7
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	race.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	12694  

Last edited by Paulus_PAK; November 2nd, 2013 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: additional info
Old November 2nd, 2013, 01:33 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Race for Tehran - problem with core force

Is this a third-party one? - cannot find it on my reference copy of MBT anyway.

In which case you should have appended this post to the appropriate thread where it was provided, or embedded a link to that thread in your post so the original designer could re-issue an updated version, if he's still around.

If he is not still around - then you have the CD version of campaignhack to extract the scenarios from the user campaign for editing and re-importing if you want to fix it yourself. (The free demo version of campagnhack does not allow extracting of User Campaign scenarios AFAIR).

If it is not supplied with the game then we don't maintain it and your only hope is for the original designer to re-issue.

Cheers
Andy
Old November 2nd, 2013, 04:24 PM

Corporal

AMX is on a distinguished road

*search*
This one?
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44370
Old November 4th, 2013, 04:29 PM

Private

Ouch, sorry guys. I was sure it was a campaign supplied with the game, not user-made. I will post the information in the proper thread, and maybe try to fiddle with a compaignhack.
BTW, what I'm doing wrong, because forum search engine doesn't show me the original Race for Tehran thread. I've set the search to show post from any date and older - it only shows this new thread. When I set to show post from year ago and older - it shows nothing. Thread is more than three years old (last post is from january 2010), it can be found only manualy, by browsing the forums?
Old November 4th, 2013, 05:08 PM

Well - I can't manage to find that older thread with the search option, and I tried advanced search, and also just selecting the WinSPMBT campaigns thread there and a few other different options!

I am not sure if there is (perhaps) a problem with the indexing of older posts, as I'm pretty sure that I have retrieved some very old posts in the past when searching on some term or other. I may send the Shrapnel team a post to see if they know why that is happening.

Andy
Old November 4th, 2013, 07:24 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,720 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

When I make changes to the OOB's during the patch process........ and I make a LOT of changes to the OOB's.......... every scenario and every campaign scenario is checked and if there is a problem, updated but we can't check every third party scenario / campaign made and rely on the designers to do that and update them. If that does not happen anyone with the CD version of the game can use campaignHack to extract the scenarios from a campaign, correct them with scenHack them put the campaign back together and yes I know that may be a daunting prospect for anyone not familiar with the procedure but it's not wizardy just following the steps needed to make a campaign.

If this is a good campaign I would certainly consider adding it to the game........* IF* it's a good campaign

Every patch can bring big changes to the OOB's and sometimes there is no way to do it without disrupting the scenarios and campaigns that use them which is why I fix all the ones that are included in the game. The alternative is stop updating the OOBs ( mid winter this is a very tempting idea....)

Don
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:20 AM

Private

Don, of course I fully understand the situation, fault is on my side with this erroneous report. It is obvious that You can't take care of all those third party scens/camps when making new patches. And for all those patches, for keeping this game alive and kicking - You and whole Camo team should be thanked and applauded.
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:47 AM

The limitation for searches (I believe to 1 year back?) is a known problem with the (vbulletin) forum software we have been advised by the Shrapnel admins.

Apparently the suggested workaround from vbulletin support forums themselves is to use Google.

So I Googled using "race for tehran shrapnel forums" as the search string - and it comes up as number 1. You need to realise there are 2 forum threads referenced in the result (the 2013 and the 2009 one).

NB : The "shrapnel forums" bit added to the search term is needed to narrow down the results - otherwise you will likely get a flood of irrelevance.

Clunky, but it does work!.

Andy
Old November 5th, 2013, 09:03 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,720 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulus_PAK View Post
Don, of course I fully understand the situation, fault is on my side with this erroneous report. It is obvious that You can't take care of all those third party scens/camps when making new patches. And for all those patches, for keeping this game alive and kicking - You and whole Camo team should be thanked and applauded.

In this case the odd part is how we missed adding a campaign made by Ulf. Normally I add them as soon as they are released. This one fell through the cracks but I've DL'd it now and will see what I can do to fix it up and publish it with the next patch

Don
Old November 5th, 2013, 02:45 PM

Corporal

Airborne Rifles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulus_PAK View Post

In this case the odd part is how we missed adding a campaign made by Ulf. Normally I add them as soon as they are released. This one fell through the cracks but I've DL'd it now and will see what I can do to fix it up and publish it with the next patch

Don
Thanks DRG! I played this campaign a couple years ago and thought it was awesome.