.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old January 1st, 2009, 04:36 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Monster SCENARIO Project

nah that should work..

try it on a indie province though.. place it in a indie occupied province from start of game, they conquer it and 1-2 turns later change site and see if you can recruit. (and make the site nation specific)
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old January 1st, 2009, 04:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

WOW
I created a new unit to try out the thing about summon&die (havent gotten to that part yet) but just to see if I created a unit correctly I added it to the startsite and re-entered the game. It worked.

No no, the neat part is that IT WORKED! I didnt start a new game. I reentered the old one. This units ID number, and everything about the unit had not existed when I started the game. Its a mid-game change inventing an entirely new unit and adding it to the game. This is going to be fun to add to my SemiRandom AI-nation project
Old January 1st, 2009, 04:53 PM

Lieutenant General

I'm not surprised really I've added units etc dozens of times during a game I usually just start a game and continue it when I have made changes to a mod.. usually works (and with usually I mean I can't remember it not working, except sometimes the mod doesn't seem to have updated but then it will later, new sprites work too.)

I still wonder about changing a magic site in an indie province (on start of game at least) which was not your capitol into a capitol site (nation specific) since I never tried that.
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lch View Post
I know that the IRC channel seems to be a pet peeve of yours for some reason,
This confuses me. Where have I done anything but praise the IRC group and refer people to it? As far as suggestions that I carry thru..
My sarcasm and irony senses are probably just a little too sensible, then, as they go off when there's too thick praise that seems misplaced. There really shouldn't be any room for pet peeves, no.
Emergency comic relief
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:06 PM

Lieutenant General

yeah you are a bit prickly these days ich.. I wasn't even allowed to talk about vampires in dom 3K in a vampires thread , and I even ended that post with saying I couldn't use it so it was ended there anyway.. not like those 2 lines made much difference, my real message was above that.

Anyway Ich since I read just now you are the creator of the spell guide I was wondering if you knew the answer to a question I put up somewhere on this forum about remote summons and getting commanders when summoning troops and vice versa.. can that be stopped?
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:20 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Ahh crap. I found a hangup on this project.
I can change it to summon 5 (apparently thats the max outside of your dominion?). But they rout. I tried to take the unit out of hiding at the same time so it could command but you cant seem to do that.
I had it as #stealthy 125 when I move it. Then I tried changing it to #stealthy 0 but it stayed hidden. Same with #stealthy -1. And I tried -stealthy 125 (removing stealth) which kindof worked since it took the stealth icon off the unit but the unit stayed hidden.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)

Last edited by Gandalf Parker; January 1st, 2009 at 05:23 PM..
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:28 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Try removing the #stealth line completely? It should be forced to attack the next turn, I think.
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:32 PM

Lieutenant General

it's only a hangup for your project really my idea could still work.. most probably will. Anyway if you give it like E 1 and a summon spell for an army castable by a E1 mage... (a large army + commanders) and it's immovable (?) etc so it could probably only cast that spell and be useful....
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:37 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

But to throw it into combat you have to make it visible unless you plan to move it and have it erupt at the same time. In that case you might as well just gate in an army
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:41 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonj View Post
Try removing the #stealth line completely? It should be forced to attack the next turn, I think.
Thats what I was thinking. Changing the # (command) to - (remark) should have done the same thing. But just to make sure I removed it also. Still didnt work.

I think its part of some of the other bugs that have been found where Dom3 doesnt recheck things after the initial action. It was hidden, so next turn its still hidden even though it has lost the ability. If I try to move it then its unhidden, but I cant "unhide" it from the mod as far as I can figure out.

I cant think of any ability to grant it that would force it out of hiding either.