.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old June 11th, 2008, 08:20 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bump in Appreciation of Gandalf Parker

Quote:
I like Gandalf so much I named my first son "Parker". My second son, "Llamabeast" (ok... that one is just a nickname).

I love the thought of some poor kid being called "llama" as a nickname for, as far as he's concerned, the most inexplicable of reasons!
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old June 12th, 2008, 03:11 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

Gandalf's one of the most dedicated, selfless, considerate, and friendly people that I've met on the internet, let alone the Dominions boards.

While he and I don't seem to see eye to eye on our military philosophy, I regret that we're not close friends-he's one of the few people I've met that has an imagination as big and crazy as mine. I have every respect for him in the world, and he's really gone above and beyond in promoting Dominions 3 and just being all-around helpful.

So in closing, be nice to Gandalf, because I've got his back, and I have no compunction whatsoever about kicking someone when they're down, or for that matter, pushing them down in the first place.
Old June 12th, 2008, 06:09 AM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

Thanks to all the selfless contributors that have made Dominions MP a blast. From my POV that includes Gandalf, LLamabeast, Pasha, and Edi among others as well as all the vets who have quickly and patiently provided advice and answers to my noob questions over the past ~ year like Micah, Wraithlord, Endo, IH, Xietor, etc.

Makes Dom 3 MP a pretty cool experience and hats off to you all. I'd happily buy you a beer if you ever land in SF.

Cheers.
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:30 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

To that list I'd like to add Endoperez-who always seems to be everywhere, doing everything, as well as Amos, Sombre, DrPraetorious, Foodstamp, Zepath, Quantum_Mechani (who doesn't get nearly enough credit for CMB), and all the other incredibly talented, hard-working modders out there.

And a little respect for the Devs, because they're a great bunch of Swedes, without which we wouldn't be here.

And ofcourse our moderators-especially for Annette and Mindi, who are beautiful, intelligent, wise and powerful women who battle slimy trolls in the skimpiest of chainmail and make all our lives easier-except for those of us who are trolls. And for the new ones, who we're going to work like mules, and promptly shoot and sell for glue, should they go lame.
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

moderation is on a distinguished road

I'd also like to add my thanks to the folks that have contributed their time to improving, modding and documenting the game and providing valuable utilities, who have set up fun games and provided badly need hosting and who have answered a lot of my noob questions. For me this includes Gandalf, quantum_mechani (CBM is crucial), lch, llamabeast, Pasha, Edi, Xietor, Foodstamp, Sombre, micah and Zeldor (though I wish he's stop using that silly mirc macro ) and also to the people I'm leaving out because I haven't met them yet or found out about the great work they've done. Also, the Devs have done a really nice job overall, despite my regular stream of feature requests and such. No comment on the skimpy chainmail though... Okay, nuff said!
Old June 13th, 2008, 07:32 AM

Corporal

DireAussie is on a distinguished road

Gandalf has done a lot for the dominions community. However there is still responsibility in hosting a game server where the games last months, sometimes years and each turn takes hours of time to do. This does *not* excuse rude email harassment; but this is the second host that I've had drop off the face of the earth and not heard anything as to whether the games will be back up or not. It is admittedly very frustrating.

Gandalf - are the save games recoverable? Many of us just want closure - if you can get the server files and send them to us for us to host ourselves we're more than happy. But if nothing is recoverable it would be good to know so we can move on.
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:06 AM

Sergeant

Horst F. JENS is on a distinguished road

"There are no gods but Illwinter and Gandalf is their prophet"

i plead for printing this on the first page of the official dom3 manual for the next edition. And i could hardly resist to buy a such a t-shirt ... where is the "order here" link ?
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:27 AM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Fish.gif[/img]

(The Happy Panda & Fish Alliance resolved in their appreciation of Gandalf)
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:42 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Dedas is on a distinguished road

Gandalf for the win (or whatever those youngsters say).
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:45 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DireAussie said:
Gandalf - are the save games recoverable? Many of us just want closure - if you can get the server files and send them to us for us to host ourselves we're more than happy. But if nothing is recoverable it would be good to know so we can move on.
This is the original thread the OP referred to.

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...&Number=610225

Quote:
On Thu May 29 2008 Gandalf Parker said:My main server died last night. The good news is that it seems to be the power supply so the accounts, email, domains, modding projects, and many multiplayer games hosted there should be OK.