Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Tir na n'Og - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 29th, 2009, 09:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

Peter Ebbesen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tir na n'Og

I thank you all for helping Jarkko on this issue, but as regards MP specific advice, he should perhaps have remembered to note that the game had only two human players and then AIs (on the mighty setting, I believe) filling in the rest of the map.

Thus when he got up to fighting with Yomi and Pangaea, both AI, there was no diplomatic solution to his woes, and when Pangaea had a huge army it wasn't because of lucky gold events, as he suggested earlier in the thread might have been the case, it was because he had set up the AIs to have a very real and significant gold advantage - knowing Jarkko, he plain forgot this detail and just wondered how get got stomped so flat so fast.

It was a very cramped map - Jarkko's Tir and 5 AIs on one land mass with 69 provinces, my Atlantis and 2 AIs in the one sea with 11 provinces. Given the facts of the situation (AI players, income bonus, idiotic AI play) I find that relying on an imprisoned pretender rather than an awake or, at worst, dormant SC was a really silly idea.