.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 8th, 2006, 01:23 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Weird World of Dom 3 (UnHuman Pretenders/Nations)

I'm new here, but one of the things I like the most about Dom 3 is the creatively unusual pretender types and nations. I thought I'd start a new thread about ideas for new pretender types, nations, and histories, to give the mighty game designers some (really) different perspectives. We know that they can come up with some truly unique and great ideas of what to put into the game, but take it from a gamer and gamerunner who's been roleplaying, DMing, GMing, and designing my own roleplaying games for the past 15+ years (pant, gasp). It's not easy. It *can* be a lot of fun, though...so, that's the purpose of this thread. Please use this to post ideas which are DIFFERENT. The unhumanoid is encouraged, and if you're evoking humanoid pretenders or nations, please give them unusual histories plus lots of details as to why they are different from elves, klackons, centaurs, klingons, hippies, etc. P.S. They should still fit into a fantasy world generally and have ideally the Dom "feel" specifically. If the ideas a really good, maybe Johan and Kristoffer will put them in a later patch? Ofcourse, I have no control over this, so don't explitive at me if they don't.
THAT SAID(legal note): all ideas in this thread should be considered the property of the above creators of Dominions 3, and posting to this thread admits compliance with all the forum rules and waives any ownership of ideas posted, via copyright laws, negating any and all legal loopholes which would entitle the author of the post to any and all legal action towards me, the creators of Dom 3, this forum, Shrapnel Games, or anyone (or any entity or group of entities)else alive, dead, undead, unliving, or otherwise.

P.S. And Yes, I know that Dom 3's been out for less than a week, and there's a ton of wonderful new things to explore and do, but, all that considered, creative thinking is a good thing, in my opinion, so why not encourage it while we're all in the first spring blush of enthusiasm?