.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old January 2nd, 2007, 03:07 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Getting EA Oceana out of the water...

By the way, providing you've got mages who can create the shells, Oceania and R'lyeh are both great shell-spamming nations. You can use all those extra pearls to pave the way to landfall in whatever sneaky, diabolical way you see fit.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 06:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

mivayan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
HoneyBadger said:
How does one summon up (undead) a specific creature of yours that has died? I haven't figured that out yet.
You cant. But there's this other spell:

Leviathan. Ench7, D3W1, 15 death gems. Summons an undead asp turtle. Must be summoned underwater, but it's amphbious so you can bring it on land. mindless. hp 143, prot 19, mr 13. 10 action points compared to the asp turtles 14, so it probably tramples slightly less times per round.

It looks *really* neat, especially if you can somehow cast regeneration on it (it's not lifeless). But I haven't used it enough to say if it's worth the gems.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 06:59 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Ritual of Rebirth summons one of your dead commanders that is in the Hall of Fame.

Raise Skeletons et all reanimate different undead based on resource costs of the dead guys. So if you kill group of Ulmish guys, you'll get soulless with boradswords and mail.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 02:46 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

Leviathan is a neat critter. They are very slow, so I put them up front on immediate attack and they still get beaten by some troops farther back on hold and attack. Their attack is not so impressive, but they seem to trample everything, especially glamour units! They will get banished a lot, but have a lot of hit points, so they can take it. I am tempted to gift of reason one and see what can be done, though I expect they do not get many slots.

FYI, Asp Turtle is not amphibious, contrary to what someone mentioned earlier in the thread. The Leviathan certainly are and I used them to raid from the water, destroy temples and then scuttle away. I need more support for them, but plan for them to be the center of one of my next armies.

Are they worth the gems? I don’t know, but I like them. However, I also have a pet tortoise, so I am a bit biased…
Old January 3rd, 2007, 04:24 AM

Corporal

Ming is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the late reply. My internet connection was down due to the damage to the trans-Pacific cables caused by the earthquake nr. Taiwan (most of Asia's connection to the US was impared).

Some of the "details" have already been mentioned by others. eg. build temples on all sea provinces so that land provinces come under your dominion. I shall add a few more:

1. Call Wraith Lord, which in turn generates ghosts. They compliment the Sea Trolls very well.
2. If in war raid coastal provinces with temples to destroy them.
3. Take coastal provinces with longbowmen or xbowmen and fortify them against all but large invading armies. Use the likes of murdering winter against large invading armies. Use these as your base for land conquest.

There are others but ultimately it depends on what your opponent is doing.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 07:53 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

That's too bad. I know about the Leviathan, it's a good spell. The Behemoth one is also good, and although I love elephants (I actually collect elephant statues, if anyone's interested in a free glimpse into my deeper psyche), I'd be happy to see atleast a handful of the larger dinosaurs in the game.

Atleast one nation out there ought to have access to atleast one spell that summons up an undead dinosaur, don't you think?
Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:52 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

They would go well with the cave man...