.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 19th, 2010, 01:36 AM

Major

KissBlade is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legendary Ordeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by namad View Post
btw the way this sounds really cool... count me in if you wanna do another wacky game in the future
Well, at this point I'm pretty confident that there will be "Legendary Ordeals II". I've gotten a lot of in-character posts and the turns have just been flying by, showing the the players are also excited too. My turns also take less time than I anticipated (it also is good that my micro won't basically increase much as the game progresses, although some complicated late-game Ordeals will be a bit time intensive occasionally).

Although I already have ideas for improving the next game (like modding a unit with ridiclious fear to conquer indy provinces without getting into HoF). The ordeals I have planned are pretty diverse, so that I can see which kinds of Ordeals people like the most and which kinds can be cut.

Well, to make it short, this game is an experiment and I'll likely keep these games up and polish up the format as I go along. One thing I'd like the most would be a custom-map for this kind of game, with a badass mountain in the middle for the Pantokrator's throne and so forth.

Please let me know when you decide to run another one of this as well. =) I was sad that I missed this one too.
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:25 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

So be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
Ho ho! Listen to mister big for his britches! The boys don't back down from blow hards without any hair on their chest. You think long and hard about the implications of that long coast ye be sporting. One province worth the absolute guarantee that we make to any of your neighbors that you'll be hamstrung if any of them are so inclined to take a bite? You play nice and the lady can be a good friend to you, but you swing yer tiny pecker around like that and it'll end up nailed to the yardarm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingchih View Post
The pirates of Atlantis have landed on the holy isle of Shinuyama. We met with misfortune when attempting to take the southern port, but drove all the knights from the field, and apparently the pirates came in and mopped up the dregs of defense.

We give you leave to depart from there Atlantis, for that is our southern port, and we will not let it be inhabited by you.

Shung has spoken.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

kianduatha is on a distinguished road

We do so hope that Shinuyama will not back down--for that would show the Bakemono as honorless curs, worthy only to be spit upon and replaced by more civilized peoples.
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:35 AM

General

Shinuyama will not back down. Shung commands with ultimate authority.

Anyone intruding on the isle of Shinuyama, faces the wrath of Shung.

Old February 19th, 2010, 10:33 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Alright then! As the limp wrist goblin king sees fit to not only assert his sovereignty over independents he lacks the strength to conquer, but then also very publicly thump his chest like the pubescent boy who's hormones are out of control the Pirate Queen sees this as an opportunity to make friends. The fleet will be moving to just of the goblin coast, if there be any of you lubbers interested in easy plunder send a messenger this way. The dagger is posed to find his kidney.
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:35 PM

General

After his latest conquest, Shung has thought more on the matter, and has come to a decision. Why not let the pirates have that port? We are not sailors. And, it is a good neutral ground province betwixt our goblins and the hordes of Ulm, of whom we know nothing of their intentions.

So, by all means, the Pirate Queen can have the port town. We look on them as good neighbors now. Perhaps you could send some Rum our way, as a token of goodwill.

Old February 19th, 2010, 11:27 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Ah, good news indeed for there be plenty o' fat lands for the reavers to visit. The Pirate Queen welcomes her new friend and indeed would like to very publicly sign a 3 turn NAP so that none may doubt our fresh friendly relations! What say ye goblin king?
Old February 20th, 2010, 12:01 AM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road

Ed had one of his dreams again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed, Prophet of Soggoth
Well in teh spirit of happy times and freindlyness all around Lord Soggy has a speshal massage for Burn,Baby,Burn!!! we will eat you and then kill you and eat you agian so their!!!!!!
Old February 20th, 2010, 12:01 AM

General

Any NAP pacts, Shung thinks, would anger the Pantokrater. He wants us all to fight for supremacy. The goblins will not anger the Pantokrater by signing any NAP pacts. But, the port is yours, Pirate Queen.

Old February 20th, 2010, 06:31 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarist View Post
I would also suggest to have the world round..It creates better balance in case someone grows to fast. And being in the corner of the map, though not always better, but it's not so bad to have your *** covered just by map limitations.
Yeah, but the problem is that the wraparound maps seem to be either ridiciliously huge or 2-6 player maps.
I decided to go for the land of Milk and Honey because the ports make the world a bit rounder. A nation on the top right corner can have access to the player to player in the bottom left corner. It's not perfect, but a tad prettier than the other options I had for a map of this size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pantokrator

My divine ears heard of a claim that' I'd be somehow opposed to NAP agreements. The truth is opposite of that claim.

For it will not be only strenght that will decide on who will take my place! Let those who are clever and possess silver tongues take advantage of those traits, for the next Pantokrator must be strong like the cosmos itself, clever enough to trick the horrors of unreality and possess charisma like a thousand Seraphs to get the loyalty of the celestials.

Anything less will be a failure and only worth of my wrath.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.