.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Scenarios, Maps & Mods

Old January 23rd, 2006, 10:06 AM

Sergeant

zepath is on a distinguished road
Default Mod: Streamers & Standards: Complete (with GUIs)

http://www.plutoniumdoughnut.com/dom2mod_snsc.rar

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Flag_Checkered.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Flag_Argentina.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Flag_Turkey.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Flag_Switzerland.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Flag_NewZeland.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Flag_SouthKorea.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Flag_India.gif[/img]

I am happy to announce Streamers & Standards: Complete! This is an expansion of my earlier mod, and in addition to replacing all of the national flags/icons with updated versions of the flags used in the original mod, this also introduces entirely new GUIs for all seventeen nations in Dominions II! Some of my inspiration came from Jurri's GUIs which were excellently done and in a couple of cases I actually cannibalized a border or background from Jurri's work.

Please check out this mod and let me know what you think. It was a little bit of work, but with great pay-off.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 401943-dom2mod_snsc.rar (2.92 MB, 261 views)
Old January 23rd, 2006, 12:55 PM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New flags mod up on Arryn\'s site

The flags are beautiful.

I would have liked it if it were possible to use them in conjunction with Jurri's emblems mode. I have tried enabling the two mods simultaneously but Jurri's overrides your mod.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 01:31 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

The R'lyeh one is scary! I don't know what, exactly, it is, but it suits them frighteningly well. Jotunheim and Vanheim also have great banners.

Ulm looks a bit bland, and the crescent seem (to me) to be slightly different than the one in the higher-resolution Black Forest shields... But it might as well be that you took it from there, and I'm more accustomed to the low-res shields of Dom:PPP era.
I didn't quess it was C'tis from the banner, and Man's and Pangaea's flags could fit either one. Personally, I think the Harp would suit the nation of Bards better.
And I think Pangaea could well have a human skull/head on top of its banner. The Panii lead the nation, after all.
I always thought of Broken Empire Ermor as being more purple than black, but the current one fits the undead themes just fine and they're probably what's played more often.

The Ulm/Vanheim/Arcos/Caelum/C'tis etc banners with the uneven bottom could use some shadowing or something in the bottom, currently they look like too static and clean. Mictlan one is just fine, and the Pythium banner is also better than the others.

I think I commented most of them, but this doens't mean that I only like few ones! These are [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon44.gif[/img] great, and I think these kinds of flags fit the game much better than the emblems Jurri used.

As your mod has already been compared with Jurri's quite similar one, maybe you'd like to update the nations' GUIs? If you're going to do something, check out the Marignon GUI Jurri used. It's awesome in how it fits the game, and how the game uses it. Remember to also check the Escape menu. It's just unbelievable how well the sun gets placed.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 01:43 PM

Captain

Jurri is on a distinguished road

Bwahaha, your mod is my mod's *****!

...yeah. [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Teddy.gif[/img] It's not a big trouble if you want the interfaces separated from the emblems: there's like two lines per nation in the mod-file so just remove the ones that change the flags.

Always the better if not doing that prods zepath into doing another set, though
Old January 23rd, 2006, 05:31 PM

General

Quote:
Jurri said:
Bwahaha, your mod is my mod's *****!

...yeah. [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Teddy.gif[/img] It's not a big trouble if you want the interfaces separated from the emblems: there's like two lines per nation in the mod-file so just remove the ones that change the flags.

Always the better if not doing that prods zepath into doing another set, though
Thanks for the tip.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 01:22 PM

Sergeant

Just a bump to let everyone know this mod has been updated.
Old February 7th, 2006, 12:51 PM

Sergeant

Just curious if anyone has tried the complete version of S&S and if the new GUIs work for you or are too "busy" and distract from the gameplay.
Old February 7th, 2006, 03:58 PM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

Well, I have it downloaded but it's true that I was too busy to try it yet. When I do I'll let you know of my impressions.
Old February 7th, 2006, 06:59 PM

General

In general I liked all of themes.
Atlantis, Pythium, Arco and Ermor are imo the best and are absolutely amazing.
For Abysia, the colors are a bit too strong.
(For Pythium what does "SP QP" stand for?)
Regarding Ctis, I liked it somewhat less, maybe because I didn't care much for the figure to the right.

Edit. Jurri, I realy like your mod. But it seems like you've got some good competition here
Old February 7th, 2006, 09:58 PM

Sergeant

SPQR is a Roman symbol that stands for "Senatus Populus Quiritium Romanus" and it means "The Senate and People of Rome". The marking was used all the time to designate state property and could be found on the standards of the legions. If you've seen Gladiator, Russel Crowe's character scrapes a tattoo of "SPQR" from his arm with a rock in defiance of the empire. In that spirit I though it would be appropriate for Pythium's flag to have a similar marking, but in this case it would stand for "Senatus Populus Quiritium Pythianus".