.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 4th, 2006, 05:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

JaydedOne is on a distinguished road
Default Favorite new nation?

For those lucky enough to either enjoy the game already or practically get there via Endoperez's fantastic Screenies thread, what's your favorite of the new (or radically remodeled) nations?

I think mine is fairly obviously the Dreamlands, although I'll admit some love for the Conan-themed Ulm - Enigma of Steel, which gives Ulm a whole new taste in terms of stealth while also tossing in their amazing new sacred units who, with a Fire blessing and perhaps a second of your choice (I'd say Nature or Water for optimal effect), cut through the enemy like a knife in butter.

But definitely the Dreamlands for me, as I'm always a fan of Dominion effects and Lovecraft, so merging the two is chocolate and peanut butter for me. The fact that you get to keep using the Void Gate on top of the fantastic new insanity effects, the newly-enslaved Atlantean mages and priests which shore up R'lyeh's previous weaknesses in those categories, and the fact that it's now the only water nation in the Late Era makes R'lyeh Dreamlands my favorite new nation of Dom3.

But enough time with Enigma of Steel, or possibly Shinuyama, might change my mind. ;-)
Old October 4th, 2006, 05:45 PM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Favorite new nation?

Its a hard question since I don't have the game yet. I guess I will focus on Ermor as always, but I will also want to play with more nations in Dominions 3, because in Dominions 2 I was playing Ermor in 10/8 MP games at average. I will definitely try out all of the new nations. Agartha looks like very interesting to me. I will try them first after I've installed the game.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old October 4th, 2006, 05:47 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Early Agartha, Early and Late Atlantis, RoR Caelum and Dreamlands all look very cool. =)

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old October 4th, 2006, 05:52 PM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nerfix said:
Early Agartha, Early and Late Atlantis, RoR Caelum and Dreamlands all look very cool. =)
Late Age Argatha - Ktonian Dead looks very interesting also. Perfect to wreak havoc on the lands with death magic.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old October 4th, 2006, 06:00 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DominionsFan said:
Quote:
Nerfix said:
Late Age Argatha - Ktonian Dead looks very interesting also. Perfect to wreak havoc on the lands with death magic.

And Blight! Don't forget Blight.

I don't know yet. I haven't even checked them all. I've enjoyed almost every nation I've tried, though. I'm not good with all of them, though. Currently I like Kailasa/Bandar Log/Patala. I've played them the most. Astral for Thaumaturgy is simple enough, and I've got some ideas for how to use the mages and troops. I like the multi-purpose archers. Bandar Archers, especially the armored ones available from MA, are awesome in theory. Now I'll just have to learn to use them.
Old October 4th, 2006, 11:30 PM

Lieutenant General

Cainehill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DominionsFan said:
Its a hard question since I don't have the game yet. I guess I will focus on Ermor as always, but I will also want to play with more nations in Dominions 3, because in Dominions 2 I was playing Ermor in 10/8 MP games at average. I will definitely try out all of the new nations. Agartha looks like very interesting to me. I will try them first after I've installed the game.
And yet, despite not having the game, you still get your opinion in. How ... unexpected.
Old October 4th, 2006, 11:35 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Hmmmm I dont see the purpose of that last post.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old October 4th, 2006, 11:52 PM

Private

Neophyte is on a distinguished road

My copy is still in transit as well, but the new nation I am most looking forward to playing is the Late Era/Age "Japan" nation. This is strictly for thematic reasons - I like samurai.
Old October 5th, 2006, 02:18 AM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

I have not got a fav nation yet.

Get back to u in 6 months, when I have tried them all.
Old October 5th, 2006, 03:39 AM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road

Hm in late era i think till they are nerfed argatha will be my favourite .

In early era i like almost any nation .