.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old September 6th, 2006, 02:22 AM

Captain

Ygorl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: email change

You can look on the game wiki at
http://yarnspinners.improbable.org/W...itle=Main_Page
in the Proclamations section, I've been announcing uniques as I kill them (fighting the just fight! )
There's at least a heliophagus and a demon lord up. Possibly others, depending on how religiously Puffyn's been resummoning them (or if other people have taken them; I'm not sure).
I'm pretty sure all the elemental royalty are taken - except there might be a fire king available, if Puffyn didn't resummon him.

Thanks so much for subbing, and hopefully you'll get sucked in and want to stay to the bitter (or sweet?) end!
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:00 AM

Major

KissBlade is on a distinguished road

eh ... I suppose it will be easier if I wasn't just suddenly thrown in with no actual update and information from the previous player.
Old September 6th, 2006, 03:04 PM

Captain

The previous player (Shovah) only played 1 or 2 turns. The player before that (Folket) has given up his Dom2 habit.

If you're feeling really motivated, you can read through the history of the game on the wiki - or you can start with a clean slate, as a new personality of this already mercurial Wyrm, and renegotiate all your relationships...

Or you can just keep the nation from totally stagnating while we find a longer-term replacement.

As you like it!
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:14 PM

Major

While I certainly wouldn't mind a new personality it does seem that if Mictlan is engaged in war against the dominant player (you) it only makes sense to continue warfare currently, at least until you're about equal level. I certainly wouldn't mind a council position again since I rather like diplomacy in a game =).
Old September 6th, 2006, 07:58 PM

Captain

I bet you could get reinstated if you made up back payments on the Nexus tax...

Also, on more mundane administrative things... I'm going to be out of the US (France!) for a couple weeks, starting next Wednesday. We can either just skip two hostings, or we can host as normal this coming Saturday and I can host again on Wednesday right before I leave and then again on Wednesday or Thursday two weeks later, right after I get back.
Er, more coherently, we can host on 9/9 and then again on 9/30, or we can host on 9/9, 9/13, 9/28 and 9/31 (Sunday rather than Saturday to avoid the two-day turn).

What do people prefer? I'm happy either way...
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:35 PM

Major

Wish is on a distinguished road

You send the turns, I'll play it when I get it.
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:43 PM

Major

Quote:
Ygorl said:
I bet you could get reinstated if you made up back payments on the Nexus tax...

Also, on more mundane administrative things... I'm going to be out of the US (France!) for a couple weeks, starting next Wednesday. We can either just skip two hostings, or we can host as normal this coming Saturday and I can host again on Wednesday right before I leave and then again on Wednesday or Thursday two weeks later, right after I get back.
Er, more coherently, we can host on 9/9 and then again on 9/30, or we can host on 9/9, 9/13, 9/28 and 9/31 (Sunday rather than Saturday to avoid the two-day turn).

What do people prefer? I'm happy either way...
I would certainly like to skip two hostings just to get my bearings. =) And I would like to plead my case to the collective council on why a tax on the Arcane Nexus is not necessary.
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

RonD is on a distinguished road

I wonder if the game will survive a 3-week gap in hosting. Participation in the council seems to have really fallen off (the current proposition has drawn only 2 votes in over 24 hours).

I think this game was a truly grand idea. Maybe other people are satisfied with how it turned out, but I had hoped for and expected a lot more war-related council activity. Instead, it turned into the world's biggest turtle-fest. Make no mistake, I am as much to blame as anyone else - I could have easily tried to declare war on someone much earlier. The endgame seems now to only hold the interest of the top 2 or 3 nations (minus Ermor, that is). Personally, I really would like to be out of this game by the time dom3 comes out.
Old September 7th, 2006, 04:04 AM

Captain

Well, I'm offering the option of a "mere" two-week gap.
Are other people still having fun though? If not, there's no reason to continue... We don't have an obligation to crown a supreme wyrm.

I don't feel like I haven't had enough war, incidentally...

If it really is only a couple people still enjoying the game, we should probably end the story here. If people are enjoying it quietly, though, let's press on... I've got some demons and (with the potential return of Ermor) ghouls and wolves to kill...
Old September 7th, 2006, 04:32 AM

Major

To be honest, I do think there is just way too much turmoil in my current swap in (since I hardly have a clue what your usual army/tactics are =) ) to say that it is a pretty safe bet that you have the game unless I'm able to employ some dastardly underhanded tactics such as assimilating idle empires =). The Nexus certainly helps but I'm not even certain of what 5.1 balance mods include though I noticed that wraith swords weren't nerfed and your treelords can fly XD.