.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Scenarios, Maps & Mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 24th, 2005, 02:33 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

tinkthank is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A New Mod: Oglala Sioux

Quote:
Kristoffer O said:
Hi,

I took a quick look today. Seems fun. On the balance side I'm not sure yet. You have lots of cheap light cavalry. This is a bit hard for me to evaluate as light cav is overpriced (balance-wise) in the first place.

My main concern was the Crazy Horse Riders. Ethereal, stealthy aweful and sacred makes them my primary pick. But on the other hand they are almost without armor and capital only. So it's probably OK. (Edit: I should look at vanir instead)

Mages seems OK at a first glance. No glaring imbalancies.

Haven't used the summons yet, just summoned one each.

Bravo!
Hey thanks very much.

- No one buys light cav. I wanted to make a nation which relies on them. They are cheap because horses are cheap and because I want to encourage purchasing national troops instead of summons. If there is a consensus, I will be happy to increase costs of all troops across the board. But...
- They die fast to anything with a bow and some armor. I am afraid of making them too expensive because then no-one will buy national troops.
- Yes, the crazy-horse rider is a fine unit. Compared to the D. Sidhe, however, he is pretty weak (and he costs twice as much); compared to the Van, he is pretty weak
(and is capital-only); compared to a bunch of units, he is still pretty weak, simply because he goes down fast if hit. Without awe and etherealness, he is a sitting duck which no-one would purchase for 70 gold. In the context of Oglala, they are obviously still the best units, but pricey -- I rarely had much money left over for them. I tried to make it a toss-up as to which units to buy -- I end up getting a mix of a lot, although I rely on Hunters and Raiders the most. May have to make them more expensive.
- My primary concern is the summons. They may be a bit too butch. But since I play mostly on magic-poor worlds (<40) and because I need a lot of gems for forging (20% more), I find it ok so far, but still am unsure.

Thank you for the feedback so far, and of course am keen for more!

Any chance of you adding it to the mods available on your site?