.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old December 6th, 2006, 08:53 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Modder\'s Wishlist

#(type)res needs to go above 100%
Currently units cannot be given more than 100% resistance. Since there are spells which can lower resistances there is a desire for creating units which start with a resistance over 100%.
Otherwise after a few spells no unit can be completely immune unless it's a commander with extra items.
Old December 6th, 2006, 09:20 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mutations!

Quote:
FrankTrollman said:
A high gem cost spell is pretty much uncastable by a character with the minimum path to cast it, casters won't use more than 200 Fatigue on casting a spell by choice, so they'll skip over even a scripted 8 gem spell.

But a character with an extra 3 path skill casts a spell at 1/4th fatigue - so they will cast that 8 gem spell.

So weirdly, if you want to have a spell that costs a lot of gems and is usable in combat, set the path requirements really low. A 1 Nature 800 Fatigue spell is theoretically castable by a Dryad, but actually it is only available to seriously badass Pans.

-Frank
I just had an Air 3 mage cast Living Clouds. Living Clouds is 200 fatigue, 2 gems. The mage in question had 3 Air gems, total. He summoned 4, and only 4, Air Elementals, and because Living Clouds summons 4+ elementals, he would've had 5 if his skill was above 4. He has spellcasting encumberance 3. After casting the spell, he had 200 fatigue and had taken no damage.

If Living Clouds is modded to require Air 3 and take 3 gems (300 fatigue):
the caster can cast the spell with the same three gems; summons only as many elementals as the spell description states (curiously, 3, and description had changed to 3+, to match the #pathlevel 0 3!); and the caster ends up with 200 fatigue.

Further testing:
I changed Master Enslave to Thaumaturgy 0. I created an S9 Wyrm. I sent the Wyrm to fight against the biggest indeps I saw on second turn, after I had gotten enough pearls. I gave him *9* pearls. He cast Master Enslave and won the battle after the enemy routed. He had 200 fatigue after casting the spell, but didn't lose any hp.

This matches what I thought was stated on the forums: that no spell can kill the caster directly through fatigue.
Old December 7th, 2006, 02:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

Turin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
NTJedi said:
#(type)res needs to go above 100%
Currently units cannot be given more than 100% resistance. Since there are spells which can lower resistances there is a desire for creating units which start with a resistance over 100%.
Otherwise after a few spells no unit can be completely immune unless it's a commander with extra items.
If you copystats a unit that already has the resistances you want you can add those 100% on top of the already existing resistances.
Old December 7th, 2006, 07:28 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Sorry if this is already in here. Just to get this logged into the wishlist...

increase the arrays so that a mod for slot xx can use unit, site, equipment slots xx times 100. So that a mod using slot 75 would have 7500-7599 available. It doesnt have to be locked down. I mean it doesnt have to force that mod to use only those slots.

But if the arrays would allow it, and we can get people doing it voluntarily, It would help avoid clashes. And it would make later changes easier. We could even create a thrid party program that shifts the entire mod over to a different slot easily.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old December 9th, 2006, 06:48 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

The nation array itself also needs to be larger, right now there's only room for a dozen custom nations - there are already 14 floating around. I suppose I can segregate mods by era.....
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old December 10th, 2006, 12:29 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

I'd really like the ability to change, make new ones, and increase the number of, bless effects, since this is such a large area of strategy that currently only has 8 defined paths and 16 total effects. For instance, I'd like to be able to create a mod wherein water magic leads to ice weapons and fire magic leads to fire resistance, etc. This would ofcourse go hand-in-hand with being able to mod in more types of magic.
Old December 10th, 2006, 02:03 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

Allow more custom unit graphics.

I've been trying to pool all the custom nations together - and the game won't process more than about 300 (?) custom sprites. At least, that's what I think is going on. looky

Anyway, if we had enough nation #s and sprite slots to field 20 or 30 custom nations, I'd be happy.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old December 10th, 2006, 02:41 AM

General

I'm with DrPraetorious, 80 nations would be sweet.

Ok, actually I'd like more, like 120-150. But then I'm greedy.

Oh and while I'm being greedy, I'd really like to be able to add ages (for a maximum of 5-7) and rename ages.
Old December 12th, 2006, 03:48 PM

Sergeant

UninspiredName is on a distinguished road

There's a quick change to Nation Modding that would be nice. At the moment, when adding heroes to a nation, you're only allowed to specify which monster. You should really be able to give the hero an unchanging name as well, like in the normal nations. One can get around this by creating a new namelist, but that's a pain and you only get so many namelists to customize on your own.
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:06 AM

General

Yes, I'm with you on that one too, Uninspired,

Names have Power.

Mythology is chalk full of the old clause that "a rose by any other name would not smell as sweet"

6,000 slaves, brothers-in-arms to 50,000 dead, strong men who had freed themselves and learned what it was to be proud, become warriors and soldiers in a great army, who terrorized, nearly conquered, the entire World that was Rome willingly died on the cross to the words,

"I, Spartacus!"