.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 16th, 2006, 06:24 PM

Major

Morkilus is on a distinguished road
Default Bogus\' Army

After what must have been quite a few events, I discovered that the province right next to my capitol became the home of more than just the barbarians that were displayed on the map. Suffice to say that my crossbowmen dispatched to put down the indies got an unpleasant surprise.

I had a ridiculous amount of barbarian events and knight "liberations" in this game. I thought it might have been just due to a bit Misfortune, but are there any other factors that go into indie attacks? I am not complaining at all, I think they're kinda fun.
Old October 16th, 2006, 07:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

FrankTrollman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bogus\' Army

I'm not sure, but I found a province occupied by Vampire Counts and Jade Amazons. Apparently in Dominions 3, random events happen to neutral provinces and neutral armies combine to become Devastator, the most powerful and evil of the Deceptacons.

-Frank
Old October 16th, 2006, 07:59 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Interesting. I knew that the events hit independents. I didnt realize that they would join. But I guess that makes sense. Since there is an indie nation, I guess that armies from events would be that nation. So they wouldnt fight.
*shudder*
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old October 16th, 2006, 08:09 PM

Brigadier General

Shovah32 is on a distinguished road

Since, from what ive heard it is possible to get multiple bogus events does this mean we could have a true bogus army (ie 2 or 3 of his group of heroes)?
Old October 16th, 2006, 09:07 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road

Multiple events? Haven't seen Bogus run around while he's still on the map... but I have had him liberate blood slaves after he's killed, which is a bit of a [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img].

It's always fun when an indy leader starts with a Soul Contract.
Old October 16th, 2006, 10:28 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Morkilus said:
I thought it might have been just due to a bit Misfortune, but are there any other factors that go into indie attacks? I am not complaining at all, I think they're kinda fun.
Misfortune has far more of an impact in Dom3. You can't use that scale as a point mine so much now. Even with Order 3, I was still getting a disturbingly high number of events when I had Misfortune 3. As it should be, really.
Old October 17th, 2006, 01:54 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Also, some other scales and factors influence events. Turmoil and unrest make some events, like attacking barbarians, more common. Unrest in general makes indep attacks more random IIRC.
Old October 18th, 2006, 09:17 AM

First Lieutenant

PhilD is on a distinguished road

I haven't tried playing MP (hey, I only got the full game yesterday, I've only started a game with Helheim since they were giving me such a hard time in the demo), but I find myself systematically taking at least Luck +1. Misfortune is just too painful - quite often I get an early "unrest" event on my capitol even before I start expanding, sometimes even worse than that.
Old October 18th, 2006, 06:04 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Taqwus said:
Multiple events? Haven't seen Bogus run around while he's still on the map... but I have had him liberate blood slaves after he's killed, which is a bit of a [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img].

Yes this is a slight bug in my opinion as well. An easy fix for this would be to provide Bogus with immortality and super high magic resistance. The high magic resistance would prevent someone from controlling him.

Quote:
Taqwus said:
It's always fun when an indy leader starts with a Soul Contract.
Yes that does become an interesting province. Perhaps a future game option will allow all independent provinces to gradually increase in size.
Old October 20th, 2006, 12:38 PM

Corporal

LeSquide is on a distinguished road

I rather enjoy the strange independent team ups that happen...despite the fact that the Heroes+way, way too many amazons are resisting my attempts to control the map in an EA Arco game.

On a stranger note, I was playing a late era Jomon game and saw the Trogs take control of an Indy province, and decided to leave them alone for the time being.

I was up against Ermor (@*&!ing Ashen Empire!) and I was assembling a huge army of priests and mages to obliterate them, I find that my right flank is being protected by a castle...which no one built!

A Fort Motte-and-baily or whatnot was constructed in the Trogs' province, and Ermor couldn't take it over!
To thank them, I let them keep it for the rest of the game; after all, a Trog is man's best friend.