.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old March 14th, 2008, 05:56 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Big bin O\' Mod ideas

This is just simply a place to post ideas for mod ideas and mod nations that you'd like to see but are vague on, or don't plan to make anytime soon, and don't mind if someone picks up, are working on but are stuck on and wish somebody would run with, or just need help with artwork for. Feel free to post. That way, if people want to create a mod nation etc. for Dom 3 or otherwise want to contribute to the mod effort, but don't have any new ideas, they can grab something from the bin

Don't get mad if somebody steals your idea you post here, and runs with it, that's the point.

Hopefully, this will benefit the community in that we may get some mod goodness that we might otherwise never see in a finished form-and it'll allow individuals to contribute that might otherwise not have the time or desire to do full-blown projects.

This is also a good place to post ideas for tiny mods or mods with no home, like if you just want to add a single unit to an existing nation, or a few pieces of artwork without information to go with it, or something similar.
Old March 15th, 2008, 07:04 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Big bin O\' Mod ideas

I did a mod that made all magical one-handed spears light lances. I'd like to see that incorporated into some real mod, because the spears usually suck. Perhaps a reworking of all magic items, or even all magic and mundane equipment?

I have fully planned-out nation I don't think I'm going to do any time soon. I might post it if there's interest.
Old March 15th, 2008, 08:34 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Probably best to pester qm about putting it into CBM. The charge mod for magical spears, that is.
Old March 15th, 2008, 02:24 PM

I "released" Castle Wyvern almost a year ago. It has a knight riding a wyvern, and a stealthy wyvern-riding commander with patrol bonus. The graphics are okay, but it sucks because I only made one site, and attached it to MA Agartha to see if the creatures worked. I'd have made it an independent site if that was moddable.

Any way, in case someone's interested, attached is a text file that goes into detail about what I'd do with it if I'd just be bothered to do the graphics.

Last edited by Endoperez; August 13th, 2008 at 11:37 AM..
Old March 17th, 2008, 06:54 AM

Corporal

Saarud is on a distinguished road

I just have a question that might be suited to ask here. I am working on a scenario with a new map that features only new nations, units, spells etc. Since I can't find any other scenario that change all this I am wondering if there is any interest at all for this kinda stuff? Or am I working on this just to see noone play the finished scenario?
Old March 17th, 2008, 07:21 AM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

I rarely play nowdays, but I kind of like scenarios, both for SP and MP. I haven't seen many done though.
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:10 AM

I guess most people would try the scenario just because it hasn't been done before, in Dom3 at least. Go for it!
Old March 17th, 2008, 02:47 PM

Corporal

Tyrian is on a distinguished road

It can be very interesting
Old March 17th, 2008, 07:01 PM

Major General

Gregstrom is on a distinguished road

I was thinking of an EA machaka that was sentient spiders with human slaves, and a LA Machaka where the Spider Cult was still going but the spiders had died out - in that one the Black Sorcerers had delved into Blood Magic to try and cross-breed humans with spiders. Trouble is, there's no way to create a national variant on Cross Breeding that throws out the spider hybrids mostly and then an occasional super sized spider monster.

My other thought was a LA Oceania. The last remnants of the Oceanians, fleeing the insanity of R'lyeh expanding into the shallows, hide in the black abyssal depths of an oceanic trench even R'lyeh has yet to penetrate. Within it they find an aeons-old city carved out of basalt, covered with outcroppings of a strange dark crystal. The city is worshipped by tribes of ancient, primitive Shamblers. There could even be Abyssal Deep Ones, the last offshoots of the Agarthan race, living in the abyssal caves. They'd be adapted to the oceanic depths and be blind, maybe finned, and not necessarily amphibious. Magic would be low to medium levels of Nature, Earth, Water, Fire. Expensive troops could have weapons made of dark crystal, with a secondary effect of some sort. Maybe even some Aboleths are living in the bottom of the trench...

Want to use multiple mods? The Mod Compatibility Index might be useful.