.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old October 31st, 2008, 04:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

rabelais is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance 1.3, updated documentation

Hey qm, I just want to emphasize, since tone is hard to intergrate into font, that this mod is teh awesome. Making pretender choice interesting even by itself would merit you a shrine, the masses of great other stuff is just gravy. Wasn't implying I was unhappy witht he mod, just kvetching as a Man player under the gun....

I'm treating this as a discussion thread, but if I'm posting in the wrong place let me know.

One thing I think you might consider for a future version is giving each nation a bless pretender for their natural magic paths. Sort of like the bahomet for mari, but with some variation depending on thematic preferences. If someone is willing to take an immobile pretender that doesn't expand their magic diversity at all, I think they deserve a discount.

For example when I was trying to find an earth nature bless for Maverni, I had either to pay through the nose with an 80 pont new path (greek) cyclope, the 60 point new path nature serpent (who I love btw) or I was briefly envious that some nations get the gorgon, but realized that wasn't thematically much better. I could of couse take the goddess of willendorf... except she's well... as expensive as usual, and my tramplers ALWAYS die. etc. I eventually went with an (imprisioned)lord of the forest, but I didn't want an SC just a bless.... something like the Spirit of Maverni 2e/2n dom 4 would have been lovely even if it costs 75 points or whatever would pass as exorbitant.

Just a thought, and thanks for all your work,

Rabe
Old October 31st, 2008, 06:32 PM

Major General

Gregstrom is on a distinguished road

The serpent and monolith are pretty much as thematic as you get for Marverni pretenders, and you'd have had better results for your points (on an E9/N8 or 9 bless) with the Serpent than the Lord of the Forest.
Old October 31st, 2008, 07:42 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Just a note:
I notice alot of misspellings in the dm file itself.
Maybe we could get Edi to look at it?
Old October 31st, 2008, 08:10 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

I noticed a number of spelling errors, too, playing in a MP game with CB included. It seems that the descriptions, whereever they come from, aren't that homogenous, too. But I might think that Edi would gladly reject doing any more work. For most things, running it through a spellcheck should work, I think.
Emergency comic relief
Old October 31st, 2008, 10:42 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabelais View Post
Hey qm, I just want to emphasize, since tone is hard to intergrate into font, that this mod is teh awesome. Making pretender choice interesting even by itself would merit you a shrine, the masses of great other stuff is just gravy. Wasn't implying I was unhappy witht he mod, just kvetching as a Man player under the gun....

I'm treating this as a discussion thread, but if I'm posting in the wrong place let me know.

One thing I think you might consider for a future version is giving each nation a bless pretender for their natural magic paths. Sort of like the bahomet for mari, but with some variation depending on thematic preferences. If someone is willing to take an immobile pretender that doesn't expand their magic diversity at all, I think they deserve a discount.

For example when I was trying to find an earth nature bless for Maverni, I had either to pay through the nose with an 80 pont new path (greek) cyclope, the 60 point new path nature serpent (who I love btw) or I was briefly envious that some nations get the gorgon, but realized that wasn't thematically much better. I could of couse take the goddess of willendorf... except she's well... as expensive as usual, and my tramplers ALWAYS die. etc. I eventually went with an (imprisioned)lord of the forest, but I didn't want an SC just a bless.... something like the Spirit of Maverni 2e/2n dom 4 would have been lovely even if it costs 75 points or whatever would pass as exorbitant.

Just a thought, and thanks for all your work,

Rabe
Adding new content is a bit beyond the scope of the mod at the moment, but I do appreciate any feedback I can get. Glad you enjoy the mod.

As far as spelling, yeah it's an issue, I keep forgetting to work on that when I release a new version.
Old October 31st, 2008, 10:55 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Taking so many different modules by different people and getting them to work together is a chore enough. When you are reading thru such adds you are catching modding errors and conflicts. Kudos to you for it. I can totally understand each authors minor spelling errors slipping thru. For someone like that, a proofreader tackling it with a fresh eye would be more effective. Edi has been doing that for the devs and doing a great job (hence little things like descripts and events getting fixed). Thats why I thought of him first.
Old November 1st, 2008, 05:18 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Barthulf (377) hero of MA Ulm shouldn't have Star of Heroes (173) the armor-breaking morning star. Its area effect can affect him and his bodyguards, and it takes several turns to get the armor repaired even in a mountain province.

Star of Thraldom might work better, or perhaps Holy Scourge (even if it's two-handed usually). It should be possible to mod a 2-handed weapon and a shield to the same unit.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 08:59 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

If someone were to read through the mod and look for spelling errors... in what format would you like to see (proposed)corrections made?
Old November 3rd, 2008, 11:44 AM

Sergeant

Horst F. JENS is on a distinguished road

i always look forward for the next version of the CBM mod and i don't care about the spelling.
Old November 24th, 2008, 10:58 PM

Corporal

iceboy is on a distinguished road

Is this mod still usable with patch 3.21?