.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old January 20th, 2006, 02:22 PM

Lieutenant General

Cainehill is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Polythesim

Quote:
Chazar said:
Honestly, I believe that sending items to/from specific commanders via a simple button could seriously reduce micromanagement! (but didn't someone propose this before?) It would beeven better if you could designate the target commander already at the time of forging ("forge & send"-order), with a greyed-out item showing in the target's commanders inventory if he/she/it is to receive an item.
Considering that you can send an item to another player, all the way across the map, even if you (or they) don't currently have a lab, it is kinda boggling that it's so much work to get an item to a commander.
Old January 20th, 2006, 07:11 PM

Major

Wish is on a distinguished road

how about this: when you buy a castle, you pay a certain amount for walls, towers, weapons, etc. Then you get to arange them how you see fit. This would be determined at the pretender-making stage.

it would have to be designed where there has to be an entrance, or it will not be accepted.
Old January 21st, 2006, 12:09 AM

Sergeant

Wick is on a distinguished road

Yes, something like: During design you pick the admin level that will apply to any castles you have. It's all your corrupt officials anyway. Pick defense & towers when you start construction. If you want to add them later it costs double. Include a castle overrun rule and let PD retreat into castles so their strength matters more then the one turn delay.

Alternatively, use the current system but add dwelvings that negate flying, five-cornered castles at add the residents MR, and so on.
Old January 21st, 2006, 06:31 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wick said:
Yes, something like: During design you pick the admin level that will apply to any castles you have. It's all your corrupt officials anyway. Pick defense & towers when you start construction. If you want to add them later it costs double. Include a castle overrun rule and let PD retreat into castles so their strength matters more then the one turn delay.

Alternatively, use the current system but add dwelvings that negate flying, five-cornered castles at add the residents MR, and so on.
Well that's an interesting idea!

Things like that could be really interesting, especially for all the site-given Fortresses. And there are some really juicy powers Dark Fortresses could have. Something very evil - and fun! Like 5-15 Skeletons that raise in random places at the battlefield after 15 turns of battle. Death would increase the amount of skeletons manyfold...
Old January 21st, 2006, 10:59 AM

Major

Wish is on a distinguished road

or even demons guarding a bridge? LIKE IN FOLKLORE?
Old January 26th, 2006, 08:12 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

AMF is on a distinguished road

These have probably been mentioned, and I am a newbie, but two things that would be neat in my opinion would be:

• The ability, at high levels and cost, to research new spells and thenceforth use them. The structure for effects, casting cost, time, effect etc could be codified in the code or in settings files, and you could have a research screen where you pick the various attributes of the spell, and depending on your mage’s research skill, get an estimate of how much time and gems it will cost to discover that spell…and then eventually maybe you will…
• Cities: In addition to fortresses, cities would be great. Walled or unwalled, produce trade revenue, supplies, special units, can be in regions or perhaps standalone, etc…

Just my babbling.

Thanks,

Alarik
Old January 26th, 2006, 05:06 PM

Colonel

shovah is on a distinguished road

cities are basically the forts, they produce extra ect, and as for the researching your own spells while alot of fun its too strong and abusable
Old January 27th, 2006, 12:15 AM

Major General

Saber Cherry is on a distinguished road
Default Dominions 3 Wishlist

I want a pony.
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:06 PM

Colonel

shovah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 3 Wishlist

lol, i want a moose assasin with 2 bows of war and lvl 10 air magic for like 20 precision
Old January 28th, 2006, 03:15 PM

Colonel

Ballbarian will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dominions 3 Wishlist

Some sort of 'market' feature for auctioning off magic items would be useful. Many times when I obtain an item via a random event, ally tribute or loot from killing an enemy commander, the item is not something I can (or want) to use, but it might be very useful to another nation. For example, a jade knife. Only useable by 3 or 4 nations for increasing number of blood slaves that can be sacrificed. As Pangae, I have no use for it, but if I could sell it for much needed gold, I would.
Map Forge - Map editor