.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old April 21st, 2009, 09:56 AM

First Lieutenant

Kuritza is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestions for MA Ermor and Ulm

... how about giving them some cool, high-lvl spell that does something really nice but backfires in a most disastrous way?

It doesnt really have to be worth it; what I have in mind is purely flavour. We know some kind of magical cataclysm has befallen both nations, and I think it would be cool to be able to actually cause it.
For Ermor, it may be a spell that promises immortality to all national mages and nobles, but actually transforms them into LA Ermor summons we know, or simply grants them a 'twiceborn' effect, and adds the domkill effect to your dominion.
For Ulm... I dont even know. Too little is known about the Malediction.

This is probably too much to mod, so its more of an unlikely feature request.
Old April 21st, 2009, 10:08 AM

Corporal

Scarlioni is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestions for MA Ermor and Ulm

Malediction is a plauge isn't it. A global that causes diesiese to all non smiths upon forging?
Old April 21st, 2009, 10:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

Redeyes is an unknown quantity at this point

The Malediction is described as(from the LA Ulm description): "During the Night of Treason a great Malediction was placed upon the kingdom. The forests became dark and hostile. Wolves and creatures even worse stalked the land."

The Vampire Count's description says:
"During the Malediction, evil was let loose in the kingdom. The hunger that the evil aroused resulted in cannibalism and practices even worse."

The Ghoul Baron hero goes into a more detailed account of the event:
"Ulrich Patrifagus was the son of a Baron and Castellan of the Keep of Ulm. During the civil war, his father died and Ulrich inherited his father's title. Soon thereafter, the keep was besieged.

Though inexperienced, he kept his vigil and defend his Keep day and Night until the Malediction hit his starving army. When they sky turned black, he despaired and opened his father's tomb to ask for advice, but the Unholy Hunger struck him, and in utter horror he found himself feasting upon his father's decaying corpse.

Realizing what he had done, he relinquished his remaining sanity and commanded his starving soldiers to feed upon their dead comrades. Those who had the strength to refuse the order were slaughtered and eaten by soldiers of lesser moral stature. Ulrich still commands the Ghoul Guardians and can arouse the Hunger in humans by forcing them to feed upon another."

The Malediction seems tied to the civil war scenario. If nothing else, you might have noticed that there is already a spell called "arouse hunger". One could imagine that the Malediction is a global version of the same spell.

As you won't ever see an Ulm Civil War when playing as MA (or you are in a particular Multiplayer game ) the Malediction should probably only be available to La, the spell hasn't been created yet in the Ma.

A high level blood spell working like Illwinter might be interesting.

Last edited by Redeyes; April 21st, 2009 at 11:06 AM..
Old April 21st, 2009, 11:32 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Also "Breaking the Seal" for EA Agartha.

A hero with spesific description would also work. See Malphas for EA Abysia.
Old April 21st, 2009, 11:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

Redeyes is an unknown quantity at this point

For everyone who doesn't know, Malphas is a demon hero who can shapeshift into a powerful warlock, his description tells us about how he created the warlock order and actively works towards corrupting Abyssia.

He's pretty cool

Something similar for Ulm would be great, I'm quite interested in hearing the official story behind the Malediction, there's only tidbits as is.
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:18 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endoperez View Post
Also "Breaking the Seal" for EA Agartha.
So the Agarthan global would be $1 beer night?
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:36 PM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyes View Post
For everyone who doesn't know, Malphas is a demon hero who can shapeshift into a powerful warlock, his description tells us about how he created the warlock order and actively works towards corrupting Abyssia.

He's pretty cool

Something similar for Ulm would be great, I'm quite interested in hearing the official story behind the Malediction, there's only tidbits as is.
Hey, thanks for that! I recently got Malphas in an MP game. He comes into play as a warlock and the description doesn´t say anything about changing shapes.

So I would have missed one of the best thug/assassins in the game were it not for this post.

I don´t really see why you´d want him in warlock shape though, he has better stats all over as demon. I guess it´s just flavor.
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:38 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

I'm sure I read that Breaking the Seal was a spell that was meant to be in Dom3, but KO didn't get around to doing it.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old April 21st, 2009, 02:14 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Well "The Malediction" is obviously the rise of vampirism, which did lead to civil war as the newly immortal made bids for power. I'm not sure how that could be satisfactorily simulated in MA without turning it into LA Ulm with a weaker start.

As for Ermor, would be interesting if there was a spell that summoned some nice undead, places Twiceborn on the caster, causes a small amount of Insanity per cast, and ages them 5-10 years.

That could be fun for R'lyeh, too. Static summons for batches of Void creatures, but the spells cause Insanity.
Old April 21st, 2009, 02:33 PM

First Lieutenant

Illuminated One is on a distinguished road

Please no filling the gaps.

I like it that the malediction is mentioned but noone knows exactly what happened and how. Maybe even the people of Ulm don't?

Same for all other nations, some unsolved mystery only makes them more interesting imo.