Having played DOM-I quite a bit I have to say my biggest reservation of the game is the micromanagement issue
I have read about the improvements in DOM-II.
I hope patrolling will actually be toned down, it was really annoying.
Victory conditions/points are also most welcome.
All in all they are well appreciated and I'd like to suggest a few more.
1. Allow for default mage profiles. protective, assassin, mass damage, gem rich etc. this will save a lot of scripting work.
2. Allow mages to access a global gem pool instead of the nightmare of making sure your mages are supplied with gems.
A simple use/don't use switch will allow to player to control mages using not using gems.
3. Allow to choose all commanders of similar type in a province. try and make all your stealthy mages move instead of sneak
4. In the recruit screen add possibility to add 1/5/10 units per click (with ctrl for example).
5. Add commander X was idle to the message screen.
And please let us know which commander died by a seeking arrow.