The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 11th, 2007, 05:57 AM

Sergeant

JohnHale is on a distinguished road
Default Austrian OOB - J35 Draken OSD

Formation 45, items 135 & 136: J-35Oe Draken should not be available after January 2005.

Authority - Austrian Bundesheer official website:

http://www.bmlv.gv.at/cms/artikel.php?ID=2512
Old April 15th, 2007, 04:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,516 Times in 2,724 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Austrian OOB - J35 Draken OSD

OK John, I can do that but it leaves Austrian without a figher-bomber in the OOB as of Feb 2005.

The Austrian airforce must be flying something capable of ground attack after January 2005.

Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old April 16th, 2007, 03:29 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

The Saab-105Ö trainer appears to be still in service and able of CAS missions (with 30mm gun pods and 75mm rockets).

Also, some 12 F-5E Tigers are being leased from Switzerland, apparently as interim for the EF-2000.
This Swiss press release quotes July 2004 as the date of first delivery of the F-5s to Austria.

So to quote the official Austrian air defense webpage:
Quote:
Als aktive Komponente der Luftraumüberwachung stehen derzeit die von der Schweiz geleasten F-5E "Tiger" und die Saab 105 zur Verfügung.
To this day, the active components of the airspace defense are the Saab-105 and the F-5E leased from Switzerland.
Old April 16th, 2007, 04:18 AM

Sergeant

JohnHale is on a distinguished road

It's known as a "capability holiday" - something that we here in the UK are used to!

In-Service Date for Austria's Eurofighter EF2000/Typhoon can be slotted into the game as June 2007, to augment the
F-5/Saab 105.

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/sho...hlight=typhoon
Old April 16th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

For everyone who might be interested (and hasn't been contacted by Siddhi) - we are working on an improved Austrian OOB and have so adressed the period 1979-2004 mostly; further contribution is, of course, welcome! (by PM... see the OOB thread...)

I am currently awaiting feedback on the work done so far, but I can tell you: for air units, I tried to get all the ISD/OSDs right for the various aircraft, including the Draken, the interim F-5E as well as the Typhoon - if anyone is following the political crusade against the Typhoon over here, however, it must be said that we better wait what happens until June before we put this as an in-service date... by the way: Air-wise,I also added the PC-6, the PC-7 both as observer and COIN fighter, the Hercules as well as the Blackhawk... however, I deleted certain non-existent air/ground weaponry configurations (you could buy Drakens but only with guns for strafing...);
besides, hehe, navy-wise(!), I even added our 2 (recently retired ) river patol boats,,, plus much more!

I am looking for playtesters for this OOB - please PM me if interested!
Old April 16th, 2007, 12:42 PM

Corporal

Hi Don,

We (Austria) still retain the Saab-105OEs for theoretical use as fighter-bombers (even though it's an over-powered trainer only...)- the rockets for the 105s most likely don't exist any more, I heard they were all used up in training; however - I'll check on this one; but I added a Saab 105 in an existing configuration with 2 30mm Aden gun pods (nonsense to buy that unit in the game however) and a PC-7 as COIN fighter in a configuration that truly exists for training with 2 MG pods and 2 rocket pods; for the fighters (Draken, F-5E, Typhoon), I deleted all other weapons besides the guns - say this is nonsense, but then, don't tell me, tell that to our politicians... but it's a fact that these fighers have no A/G role and might be used for strafing only; also, don't come up with old stocks of bombs that might still exist - no, they don't, unless Siddhi or soemone else with good sources may be able to confirm the contrary.

Just like in the threads about Finland and Switzerland, again: Our so-called air force is really meant only for air policing (besides utility tasks), not even air serious defence as in those countries; this clearly does not include and air/ground capability; our OOB isn't finished yet, but be assured you'll receive detailed infos on what we changed and why...

Regards,

Shan
Old April 16th, 2007, 12:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

You can remove all the bombs and say they cannot be used becasue the Polititians said so and I will say that in the event of a major conflict there would be bombs and missles attached to hardpoints faster that you could say " I didn't think they could do that"

If you want to emasculate the Austrian airforce it's your OOB but the GAME is designed to recreate warfare not "air policing" and I can assure you when the patch is released the new Swiss OOB has an airforce with full functionality for theoretical combat.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old April 16th, 2007, 01:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
JohnHale said:

It's known as a "capability holiday" - something that we here in the UK are used to!

In-Service Date for Austria's Eurofighter EF2000/Typhoon can be slotted into the game as June 2007, to augment the
F-5/Saab 105.

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/sho...hlight=typhoon

Interesting.

Does anyone have some firm information on the "Eurofighter/Typhoon" and it's projected in service dates with the various airforces that will use it. 2010 is when we have it in the game currently. I'd like hard confirmation that it WILL be on ACTIVE SERVICE with the Austrian AF in less than three months

Don

Old April 16th, 2007, 01:02 PM

Corporal

You seem to misunderstand this - there are no bombs in storage, let alone advanced A/G munitions. So what is in storage will be available for conflict, and we are trying to include this, even though no peacetime training has been done with it, alright, but all other things are just fiction.
Old April 16th, 2007, 01:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

ANYTHING we project beyond today is "just fiction"

Don