Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 13th, 2009, 02:04 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road
Default WW2 German units mod for WinSPMBT

Here is the the WW2 german units mod for WinSPMBT I discussed in a previous thread.

Included are
1) Nearly all the WW2 era german armor for which icons were available. Stats are the same as found in the WinSPWW2 database.
Vehicles with "+" have an APCR heavy loadout, to give them some teeth against early 50's AFVs

2) A small numbert of experimental/hypothetical units: Panther II, Rotkappchen ATGM, armored roof Sdkfz-251.

3) A basic complement of artillery,infantry, planes and logistical vehicles for support. Infantry has a "Germany 1946" flavor, with everyone sporting StG 44/MP38-40/MG-42/Panzerschreck/Panzerfaust. No special corps are included (no SS, mountain or paratroopers), mainly to keep it simple.

Everything is available between 5/1949-10/1955
Some units/formations (barges, snipers) may retain a german name after that. Otherwise no changes to the rest of the OOB.

EDIT

A new version of the mod is up. I have added several units and formations including:

1) A fairly complete Fallschirmjager units/formations set.
2) A basic SS set.
3) A basic Volksturm set.
4) A comprehensive fortifications set, ranging from the standardized heavy concrete bunkers of the Regelbau system to fortified houses.
5) Some new vehicles such as PzKw 38e(t),PzKw IIIj, ex italian StuG M43(i), Fieseler Storch recon plane.
6) Various improvements such as some pics for some units which were without.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Obat044.zip (20.7 KB, 199 views)

Last edited by Marcello; July 11th, 2009 at 08:51 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Marcello For This Useful Post:
Old May 20th, 2009, 01:05 PM

Corporal

Akmatov is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WW2 German units mod for WinSPMBT

This is bizarre! Just last weekend I was wishing for just such an OOB and POOF here it is.

Thanks a lot.

I would be delighted with any additions you might feel inclined to add. Just one suggestion. You might want to consider including the SS as they became more and more prominent as the war progressed, so I would assume they would be significant players post-45.
Old May 20th, 2009, 06:29 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

As far as I know the greater prominence does not really hold true as in they were not of the same quality & do not warrant elite status modifiers. More SS by name than anything.
Old May 20th, 2009, 08:16 PM

Corporal

Akmatov is on a distinguished road

Quality was always a variable thing with the SS.

I think they were somewhat differently organized and maybe slightly better equipped than average. Certainly not WunderSoldaten. The WinSPWW2 OOBs certainly show them as different than the Wehrmacht OOBs.
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot! Great mod. Hmm how about changing W-Germany flags into Nazi-German or Wehrmacht flags?
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:33 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akmatov View Post
I would be delighted with any additions you might feel inclined to add. Just one suggestion. You might want to consider including the SS as they became more and more prominent as the war progressed, so I would assume they would be significant players post-45.
I did not include the SS for various reasons, some if which have already been mentioned in this thread. Note also that this mod is not supposed to fit any particular what if scenario, it is to provide playable WW2 german units for whatever you have in mind, be it a time travel scenario, a Germany 1946 situation and what not.
Units are what was or might have been available, with an eye to balance (the Rotkappchen for example is there to give the player something to use against the M48 for example).
That being said if the people want them I might include a SS leg infantry company in the next version.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Any possibility add Me-262 into German arsenal? Or is it already there? I didn't noticed that...
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:27 AM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhero View Post
Any possibility add Me-262 into German arsenal? Or is it already there? I didn't noticed that...
Not really. There is actually a Me-262 icon available but it sports very obvious czech markings, so I did not bother. For the same reason I did not include the He-111: the only icon available is in very obvious non german markings. If I could add something it would be the Ostwind or an other SPAA, as at the moment no SPAAs are available.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:44 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Not my thing but cant you just look up icon for units you want in WW2 copy it & renumber to one not used by MBT then drop it in. No idea with icons but did see release note has added capability for loads. Dont see why you cant just take all units available in 45 & copy there icons adding a number. This would make renaming quick & allow easy deletion if you wanted if all are numbered after current MBT icons. If space as I think there is could use 1000 so 139 becomes 1139. Time permiting of course.
Old June 11th, 2009, 07:49 AM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

Waffen SS units varied very much versus the end of the war - it's a big difference whether you have the various divisions formed with eastern european volunteers, usually they were badly equipped + morale wasnt the best, they were under-strength + less than a match for the red army... or the elite armoured divisions (and those did vary, too, with new inexperienced units being formed by taking miscellaneous personnel...)
Nevertheless, a great addition, and basically everyone can create the desired units by himself based on your OOB, just do some paste+copy exercise, change morale + exp as you feel appropriate,,,