Hi guys. The patch will be released Monday or Tuesday of next week. This will be the patch we use for the Mod's that we are putting on the CD, so I need modders to download the patch and do that magic you do with you mods and then get back with me so we can get all the details worked out. Here is the latest on the patch:
1. Fixed - Reseting a player's password wouldn't take in certain
1. Fixed - Reseting a player's password would cause a crash when
the host processed the turn.
2. Fixed - Added a bit more randomness to the reset password.
3. Fixed - The Scrap window's ship list would jump to the top after
an order was executed.
4. Fixed - The prevent AI use during Simultaneous games option was
not fully preventative.
5. Fixed - Minor text problems in the AI Speech script.
6. Fixed - Improved the AI's ability to decide whether to attack or
7. Fixed - You cannot open a warp point into the same system that it
8. Fixed - Designs loaded with an empire will have their values
recomputed with the current game. Designs which are not
valid for the current game will not be loaded.
9. Added - Added a selection of whether you wish to save your designs
with your empire when you save your empire.
10. Changed - Changed the AI strategy for satellites and weapon platforms.
1. Changed - Combat has been changed such that order of player's
movement is random. In addition, defenders will be placed
at the front of the player list so that they get to move
2. Added - When the host logs in to a game, he can go to the Game Options
window where there is now a "Reset Passwords" button. The host
can select which empires he wants to have their passwords reset.
The new password is displayed to the host and a message is sent in
the log to the player informing him that his password was reset.
The host needs to give the new password to the player for their
next turn. A host should perform any password resets before
processing the turn.
3. Fixed - In a Simultaneous Game, sometimes the Replay All Ship Movement
would cause a crash.
4. Fixed - Hitting return now works on the Player Login screen.
5. Fixed - The Designs List window will no longer jump to the top if you
mark a ship as obsolete and can view obsolete ships.
6. Fixed - Resorting on the Colonies or Ships Window with the large rows
showing would sometimes result in rows of incorrect height.
7. Fixed - Spaceborne units were not counted in statistics when scrapped,
self-destructed, or fired on.
8. Fixed - Missing a space before the empire name in a message about intel
1. Fixed - Problem where a race style used from a mod directory was
not being used when the game was re-loaded.
2. Changed - Removed the application of the maximum units per player
rule while in combat. This means that you can launch as many
fighters as you like during combat. However, the maximum
units per player rule stilly applies to non-combat unit
3. Fixed - Wrong description used when scuttling units because of
not paying maintenance.
4. Fixed - Fleet Transfer Window would reset the Vehicles in Sector
window to the top each time a ship was moved.
5. Changed - Decreased the rate at which fleet experience increases.
6. Changed - Decreased the amount of experience gained from killing fighters
7. Fixed - Description for Afterburners was not correct.
8. Fixed - You should be able to give colonize orders to a ship even if there
is a population on the planet.
9. Fixed - Population Transport Minister was not taking population to planets
with zero population.
10. Fixed - The Construction Minister would sometimes build troops and weapon
platforms not on a planet.
11. Fixed - AI would sometimes try to attack enemy minefields.
12. Fixed - The AI could sometimes initiate combat against a minefield in a
13. Fixed - Ship Groups would sometimes start on top of each other in combat.
14. Fixed - Ground Combat was experiencing some problems with the changes for
one side to hit another.
15. Fixed - Some units would have their statistics changed during a combat
1. Changed - In the beta patch Version, the startup message will not be
displayed if the -nd command line option is used.
2. Note - Medical Bays will cure plagues on your planets or planets of
your allies (Military Alliance or better).
3. Added - A delay factor to Settings.txt to slow down the movement of
ships on the System Window.
4. Added - A new set of fonts by Andrés Lescano which add international
character support to the existing fonts.
5. Fixed - AI Research will now follow the "Tech Area Min Percent".
6. Fixed - Ruins were not being placed if the map was generated in the
Game Setup window.
7. Added - The System Gravitational Shield now prevents warp points closing
within the system. This prevents warp points closing into or
out of the system by all players (including you!).
8. Fixed - You should be able to view and clear the orders of minefields or
9. Fixed - Self-Destruct of satellites and mines was not working in simultaneous
10. Fixed - A log message should be generated when a ship self-destructs or is
fired on and destroyed.
11. Fixed - Resource Production and Space Combat racial modifiers were not working
1. Fixed - The command line option to use a Mod Path was not working.
2. Added - Access to the Autosave options under the main Options window.
3. Fixed - Intelligence Window would ask if you wanted to delete a blank
4. Fixed - Screen wouldn't refresh after a Surrender message was sent.
5. Added - The System Gravitational Shield now prevents warp point opening
within the system. This prevents warp point opening into or
out of the system by all players (including you!).
6. Fixed - Ships were not showing up in the correct portion of the combat map
at the start of combat.
7. Fixed - Neutral players would sometimes leave their home systems.
8. Fixed - Unit Groups would display their shields and hit points incorrectly
at times during combat. Now, unit Groups will only show their
maximum hit points and maximum shields during combat for the units
that are alive.
1. Fixed - Problem with multiplayer data file verification.
2. Added - Added more message during a simultaneous game explaining why a ship
did not launch or recover its units.
3. Fixed - Problem where the Designs Window would error upon loading.
4. Fixed - A neutral on a planet which picked a specific style would cause an
error if that style was not present when the game was loaded.
5. Fixed - If an event caused a planet to explode, then sometimes an error would
6. Fixed - Sometimes the next player in a hotseat game could give orders to the
previous player's ships.
7. Changed - The AI ministers controlling a human player will never surrender.
8. Fixed - Sometimes the game would not ask you if you wanted to attack when
your ships moved into the same square as enemy ships.
9. Changed - Spaced out large Groups of ships in combat a bit more when starting.
10. Fixed - General speedups for combat.
11. Fixed - Sometimes your ships would not fire on a planet because you had a troop
transport present carrying troops but it didn't have the Capture Planet
1. Fixed - Crashing bug when processing a simultaneous game turn.
2. Added - Flag to use the old style of Log Political Message display. Some people
experienced the problem that their screen would go crazy when a political
message was displayed in the Log Window. Usually, changing the screen
resolution, color depth, or installing new drivers would fix the problem.
But in case they don't, we added this flag so that those players could
change the setting "Use Old Log Political Message Display" in the Settings.txt
file to TRUE. This will display communication message in the old manner
with no possiblity of scrolling the message.
3. Fixed - Crashing bug when a warp point had already been closed and another ship
tried to close it with the same orders in a simultaneous game.
4. Fixed - Simultaneous Game: Combat would often occur too many times. Now it will only
occur one per sector per phase if a ship executed orders in that location.
5. Fixed - After a ship with a spaceyard was retrofitted to not have a spaceyard,
sometimes its construction details would still show on its report.
6. Fixed - Emissive armor should be working correctly now.
7. Fixed - Sometimes the combat replay would fail if a star was involved.
8. Fixed - Simultaneous Game: Colonizers at the same location would not follow orders
to colonize given in the Planets window.
9. Fixed - Simultaneous Game: The Planet window does not need to close when giving
10. Changed - Added text to the Scrap window stating that ships in a fleet must be separated
from the fleet before any of the actions can be performed. The list in the
window no longer displays any ships that are in a fleet.
11. Fixed - Sometimes when a colonizer would colonize a planet, not all of the population
in its cargo would be dropped to the planet.
12. Fixed - Simultaneous Game: Adding the "Use Component" order would clear all previous
orders for a ship.
13. Fixed - Simultaneous Game: Using Emergency Propulsion Pods would not always work correctly.
Please note: You want to use the emergency propulsion pods at the beginning of the
turn in a simulatenous game (your first orders before moving). Since these pods
actually increase your speed during phased movement, if you try to use them at the
end, you may not actually get the remaining movement points.
14. Changed - You cannot repair an Emergency Propulsion Pod or an Emergency Resupply Pod without
a space yard being present.
15. Fixed - Problem with AI Design creation where the game would lockup when an AI was trying
to add the desired number of engines to a design but couldn't.
16. Added - Added a message when your counter-intelligence project successfully defeats an
attack. (This attack will cause the progress of the counter-intelligence project
to be put back.)
17. Fixed - All Counter-Intelligence projects were being cleared when an attack came in. So
only the first attack would be defeated, and then all others would get through
18. Fixed - A few minor memory leaks.
19. Fixed - Added some protections against multiplayer cheaters.
20. Fixed -
Sarge is coming...
Director of Covert Ops