.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old October 1st, 2009, 01:50 AM

Corporal

iainuki is on a distinguished road
Default Permanent Subs Needed for Marverni in Aquamarine and Atlantis in Summer Madness

Unfortunately, my real life has started getting a lot busier in the last month, and I've realized that my Dom3 commitments are distracting me from more important real-life things. I'm also starting to feel the signs of incipient burn-out. Before I actually burn out and drop out of Dom3 without so much as a by-your-leave, I'd like to find permanent subs for my two games. I'm also leaving Overlords and the team game I was trying to set up with Squirrelloid.
  • Summer Madness as EA Atlantis. Turn 50. Not one of the leaders, but still a significant presence in the game.
  • Aquamarine as Marverni. Turn 27. A solid position, though it's too early to start marking clear leaders.
  • Squirrelloid is looking for a new partner in ASimpleTeamGame.

I can offer more details on either position in private communications. The turns per se are not taking me tremendous amounts of time, with an hour as a sort of upper bound: the thinking time and diplomacy are more problematic. I'll continue playing for a bit until I can find subs, but I'd really like to switch over within a week. I will try to brief my subs on what's going on as much as possible and forward all diplomacy to them, etc., to make the transition as painless as possible. If you are in one of these games, please help me recruit.

Sorry for disappointing anyone, but I think I need to go now before I really do burn out or an unexpected event like an illness forces me to quit.

Last edited by iainuki; October 3rd, 2009 at 10:39 AM..
Old October 3rd, 2009, 10:43 AM

Corporal

Default Re: Permanent Subs Needed for Marverni in Aquamarine and Atlantis in Summer Madness

Subs found for the team game with Squirrelloid and Summer Madness. I still need a sub for my position in Aquamarine.
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:33 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Permanent Subs Needed for Marverni in Aquamarine and Atlantis in Summer Madness

While I have carried Aquamarine for awhile, I still need a sub for it since my life doesn't seem to be getting any less busy. I'm going to be gone for stretches in January so I will need a temporary sub in any event, but it would be easier to hand it over to a permanent sub.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:55 PM

Corporal

The sub I found for Marverni in Aquamarine vanished and set the nation to AI without a word. The other players determined that Marverni was too important still to set AI because its neighbors would otherwise gain too much. I'm temporarily subbing the position, but I don't know how long I can continue, especially since I have more travel likely in the spring. My summary for the position earlier is still more or less accurate except that the strong nations are stronger now so Marverni is relatively less influential (but obviously not out), and I can provide more details on request. I would like to find a permanent sub.
Old January 28th, 2010, 08:03 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

Karnoza is willing to sub Marverni. He is ready to play from the next turn (71). I'll switch email after hosting tonight.