Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Mods
Notices

Old February 17th, 2012, 07:27 PM

Sergeant

Rosollia is on a distinguished road
Default WinSPMBT Infantry Icons Mod

This mod contains highly altered or additional files that may or will cause interference with the master game files and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that this mod be installed and played ONLY in a separate copy of the game and NOT run from the master game.

With permission from Cross here is the Cross Infantry mod adapted to work with WinSPMBT. Do not use this with WinSPWW2!

I modified the graphics so that they display correctly on WinSPMBT. Also made some small modifications to make the infantry look more "modern". This means more generic AT-Weapons and smaller backpacs. Also recolored the 'allied green' uniforms to be greener and added more green to the grey uniforms. Machinegun team graphics are also more generic.

Installation:
Copy the files in the ZIP...
Icon0010
Icon0011
Icon0012
Icon0013
Icon0028
Icon0029
Icon0030
Icon0031
Icon0055
Icon0056
...to your WinSPMBT\Game Data\Graphics -folder. But remember to back up those files before copying so that you can easily revert back to the old graphics if needed!

My thanks to Cross for making the original WinSPWW2 infantry mod which is available here.

EDIT
See post #17:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showp...9&postcount=17
For alternate versions of this mod that make the infantry stand out better from the background graphics.

EDIT2
Winter infantry camo made available.
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showp...9&postcount=25
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WinSPMBT_inf.PNG
Views:	1068
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	11691  
Attached Files
File Type: zip WinSPMBT_Infantry_Mod.zip (98.3 KB, 599 views)

Last edited by Rosollia; December 9th, 2012 at 11:18 AM..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rosollia For This Useful Post:
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:04 PM

Sergeant

Oche is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSPMBT Infantry Icons Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosollia View Post
This mod contains highly altered or additional files that may or will cause interference with the master game files and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that this mod be installed and played ONLY in a separate copy of the game and NOT run from the master game.

With permission from Cross here is the Cross Infantry mod adapted to work with WinSPMBT.

I modified the graphics so that they display correctly on WinSPMBT. Also made some small modifications to make the infantry look more "modern". This means more generic AT-Weapons and smaller backpacs. Also recolored the khaki uniforms to be green and added more green to the grey uniforms. Machinegun team graphics are also more generic.

Installation:
Copy the files in the ZIP...
Icon0010
Icon0011
Icon0012
Icon0013
Icon0028
Icon0029
Icon0030
Icon0031
Icon0055
Icon0056
...to your WinSPMBT\Game Data\Graphics -folder. But remember to back up those files before copying so that you can easily revert back to the old graphics if needed!

My thanks to Cross for making the original WinSPWW2 infantry mod which is available here.
thanks for sharing.
Old February 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Looks nice.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:56 PM

Sergeant

Realising that the modded infantry might blend too much in the background and be hard to spot (especialy on higher resolutions), I have been testing a concept.

Attached are two screenshots. The first shows the current infantry graphics as seen when using the WinSPMBT infantry mod provided above.

The second screenshot shows the same graphics, but with small one pixel wide black borders added to hopefuly make the graphics stand out more from the background and be easier to spot.

Which one do you think looks / works better? Should I make available a second mod with the black borders for all infantry? Or does it look too unrealistic / cartoonish?

Im interested to hear your oppinions, thank you.

Last edited by Rosollia; February 22nd, 2012 at 04:14 PM..
Old February 23rd, 2012, 06:11 AM

Corporal

void1984 is on a distinguished road

The first one, without borders.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:26 AM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road

[quote=Rosollia;795931]This mod contains highly altered or additional files that may or will cause interference with the master game files and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that this mod be installed and played ONLY in a separate copy of the game and NOT run from the master game.

Thanks for you job.
Is necessary install in other copy? I no think that change of graphics disturb a PBEM game. Or yes?
I think that is necessary do a backup´s files.
Regards
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:32 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Is necessary install in other copy? I no think that change of graphics disturb a PBEM game. Or yes?
Please read this post:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47993

That all said this is a graphics only mod and should not affect PBEM games. Then again I do not play PBEM so I can't be 100% sure.
Backing up your files first is always a good idea.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:38 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Realising that the modded infantry might blend too much in the background and be hard to spot (especialy on higher resolutions), I have been testing a concept.

Attached are two screenshots. The first shows the current infantry graphics as seen when using the WinSPMBT infantry mod provided above.

The second screenshot shows the same graphics, but with small one pixel wide black borders added to hopefuly make the graphics stand out more from the background and be easier to spot.

Which one do you think looks / works better? Should I make available a second mod with the black borders for all infantry? Or does it look too unrealistic / cartoonish?

Im interested to hear your oppinions, thank you.
I prefer the first graphic.

The game does add a small shadow to the southwest of the units.
You could try adding a black border/shadow to only the SW of the men, this would emphasize the shadow and might be the effect you are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Quote:
Thanks for you job.
Regards
It's Shrapnel and SP Camo's policy to recommend a second game installation for modding. And it's a good policy. But it's up to you what you do on your own PC.

I have 3 installs of the game:

1.Vanilla (no mods at all)
2.PBEM Mod (no OOB mods so can PBEM, but has modded: sounds, icons, flags, ranks, names
3.OOB Mod (has all of the above mods, plus OOB mods)

You can install sound and graphic mods even in the middle of a PBEM game with no security problems. But if you change OOB files it WILL cause problems with PBEM games.

NB. When you create a new install of the game, you don't have to use the installer and install from scratch. Just copy the game to a new directory/folder and create a new a shortcut and you have a second install.

Cross
Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:54 PM

Corporal

void1984 is on a distinguished road

By pressing the key 5 you can display formation IDs in the CD version, what solved all the problems with spotting units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
2.PBEM Mod (no OOB mods so can PBEM, but has modded: sounds, icons, flags, ranks, names
What mod do you have for ranks and names?
Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:54 PM

Private

gabeeg is on a distinguished road

I must be in the minority...but I much prefer the second png *with* the black border. I hope you make an alternate version with this border.
The Following User Says Thank You to gabeeg For This Useful Post: