.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old September 11th, 2012, 09:05 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Conceptual Balance Mod 1.94 released!

I am pleased to present the first ever version of CBM (to my knowledge) uploaded from Japan! CBM 1.94, Tokyo Edition.

This is just a minor update to 1.93. Changelog:

Changes
- Kraken summoning requirements changed to W5, Ench 5 (was W4, Ench 6)
- Machaka's "Send Hunter Spider" spell nerfed - now N4, costs 4 gems (was N3, cost 2 gems)
- "Summon Scorpion Man" spell for Abysia and C'tis had research level reduced to 6 (was 8)
- Earth Kings (including Father Illearth) are now "Blind" (can see in the dark)
- EA Arco Chariot Archers changed so that after battle, killed archers do not return. Cost also increased to 45 gold (apparently they had been overpowered for years!).
- LA Man constructs all had elemental resistances reduced to 50%. Flavour texts changed to highlight this.
- LA Man's Colossus siege bonus reduced to 50 (from 100), and cost increased to 40 gems (from 30). Attack and defense also nerfed.
- LA Man's Clockwork Mason's castle defence ability slightly nerfed to 12 (was 15).
- New LA Man summon: Clockwork Phantom.

Bug fixes
- Path level increases for the EDM Air summons hadn't gone through. Now changed successfully.
- Changelog for 1.93 said that Ettin cost had increased; in fact this was deliberately not done.
- LA Man accidentally had a free Bean Sidhe summon and an erroneous "Summon Shades" spell; fixed.
- Shambler Skin Armor was still enc 0; now enc 1.
- Fixed minor issue from the sprite upgrade mod which gave Adepts of the metal orders two weapons by accident
- Fixed small bug meaning that changes to the forgeable Moon Blade weren't being applied
- Accidentally gave the Zmey heat instead of Heat Power (more powerful in hot dominion); fixed
- Failed to give Dwarf Elder intended forge bonus; fixed
- Changes to Zmey stats weren't properly applied to all the different partially headless forms; fixed.
- Seraph had some quirkiness in cost; fixed.
- Encumbrance not properly set on Fomorian slinger; fixed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CB1.94.zip (1.43 MB, 4646 views)
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to llamabeast For This Useful Post:
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:07 AM

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.94 released!

Hopefully this will have addressed all major issues with CB1.93. Please wait a day or two just in case and then go ahead and use this in multiplayer games.
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:52 AM

Corporal

momfreeek is on a distinguished road

Arigatou gozaimasu.
Old September 12th, 2012, 03:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

Redeyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Very nice!

Now that I can assume you're looking at this thread.
I remember you writing about an expanded nations pack at one, which as I understand would implement some mods in a larger package. Are you still thinking about making that mod? (Am I possibly thinking of someone else?)
Old September 12th, 2012, 03:50 AM

Redeyes: Look at my signature!
Old September 12th, 2012, 04:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

Wondrous
Old September 19th, 2012, 04:11 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

I saw the discussion of tarts on Dom3mods and wanted to add my thoughts since a big reason I started running modified CBM games was dissatisfaction with tart mechanics.

I think a reason qm kept the cost of a GoRed tart skewed towards N gems is because they were the only game in town (especially post clams) for a non-national, non-unique SC (with magic diversity to boot) and as inefficient as it may have been he wanted non-Chalice/GoH holders to be able to summon enough tarts so that they could get some non-feebleminded ones. If costs had been skewed towards D gems that wouldn't have been possible.

But I think that the EDM summons as well as other CBM changes have now made it so that tart pricing can and should assume that you have the chalice/GoH. If you don't, then they shouldn't be a good buy given how many will be feebleminded. If you do, then you get an SC chassis (which of course you can now also find elsewhere) and the big reward is the magic diversity that comes along with it.

I think the key thing is setting reasonable price points. First, decide what the price of restore soul should be, using non-tart undead as the reference point. I think you've got to go with the worst case scenario. What is a fair price point for restore soul when used in conjuction with umbrals or perhaps morrigans? Yes, those are national summons but you don't want to underprice the spell and have it abused.

Having set that, you can then say a tart will cost x N gems to GoR (factoring in IIRC that 1 in 5 will already arrive as commanders) so what is a fair price in D gems for the summon (say an average of the prices you'd set to the seven different types of tarts if you were pricing them individually)?

I'd also like to add another vote to removing shattered soul. I view it as a failed attempt to balance tarts that is really just irritating.

As an aside, even though it's not going happen, if I could ask IW to add one spell to the game it would be a version of tartarian gate that didn't add afflictions. Wouldn't even have to be active or replace the current tart spell - just have it available for modders.
Old September 19th, 2012, 07:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius View Post
As an aside, even though it's not going happen, if I could ask IW to add one spell to the game it would be a version of tartarian gate that didn't add afflictions. Wouldn't even have to be active or replace the current tart spell - just have it available for modders.
It might be possible to mod this out. There's a certain attribute you can give units when modding them that gives a chance for afflictions. It might be possible to remove it from the Tartarians if they use that mechanic when they get afflictions.

Someone who has tried modding it this way might be able to tell if it is actually possible or not. It would have to replace the current gate in any case.

It's one way to get around the problem of having the chalice of gift of health making Tartarian summoning much better.
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

kianduatha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyes View Post
It might be possible to mod this out. There's a certain attribute you can give units when modding them that gives a chance for afflictions. It might be possible to remove it from the Tartarians if they use that mechanic when they get afflictions.

Someone who has tried modding it this way might be able to tell if it is actually possible or not. It would have to replace the current gate in any case.

It's one way to get around the problem of having the chalice of gift of health making Tartarian summoning much better.
Doesn't work, but it was a nice thought!

Edit: Of course, we *could* just #clearspec and then give them all the fun stuff back as that's the only crazy thing about 'em. Heck, we could make it 50% affliction (which would result in random afflictions, not usually feeble mind) if we wanted to keep flavor!

Edit again: Or not! That's some powerful Juju the devs put on that spell. Dang. Still feebleminded etc.

Last edited by kianduatha; September 19th, 2012 at 11:09 PM..
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:19 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kianduatha View Post
Edit again: Or not! That's some powerful Juju the devs put on that spell. Dang. Still feebleminded etc.
Lol. I was about post saying that had been my experience as well. The best I could come up with was to steal Hinnom's Lords of Civilization spell (dropping the monstrum from the rotation since only six slots were available) and have them change shape. Main drawback is it limits tart summoning to 6 per turn - ok for my usual size games and worked fine in Momentum3 but obviously wouldn't for CBM. Oh, and I guess some people might be bothered by taking Hinnom's spell, but that I had no problem with.