The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Press Releases > winSPMBT

Old December 13th, 2012, 11:32 PM

Major

Tim Brooks is on a distinguished road
Post WinSPWW2 And WinSPMBT Primed For Windows 7!
Press Release Teaser: Simplified Installations Gets Gamers Into The Fighting Faster Than Ever!   

WinSPWW2 And WinSPMBT Primed For Windows 7!
Simplified Installations Gets Gamers Into The Fighting Faster Than Ever!

Wilmington, NC, 14 December 2012

Attention Windows 7 users, you can now enjoy the greatest tactical wargames of combined arms warfare on your PC in the smoothest experience yet seen! Camo Workshop is pleased to announce brand new installs of their smash hit classic games, winSPWW2 and winSPMBT, are now available - just in time for the holidays!

Unlike previous versions of winSPWW2 and winSPMBT, gamers using recent versions of Windows no longer need to follow their own unique set of installation instructions. Both titles now install directly under Windows 7 without any special modifications by the user. So now whether you're using an older version of Windows or booting up a newer computer, installation of winSPWW2 and winSPMBT is just a couple of clicks away.

Not only has the installation routine been updated to take advantage of the newer operating system but both winSPWW2 and winSPMBT are now already patched up to versions 5.0 and 6.0 respectively. What this means is that no longer will new players have to install the games and then upgrade via a series of patches. Simply install the game and you are already good to go with the latest and greatest version.

The physical CD versions have now been reprinted to take advantage of the new installations and are available now, making them the perfect stocking stuffers for the grognards in your life. The digital download versions have also been updated if that method of delivery is your preference.

Please note that if you already have winSPWW2 and/or winSPMBT fully upgraded this new version is not necessary, other than if you feel a need to reinstall in the future and want to avoid keeping the multiple patches around. No new content or changes to the actual games have been made, just the way they install.

Of course if you do not already possess these beauts, there is no time like the present to delve into the wargaming worlds of winSPWW2 and winSPMBT. Especially since installation is now such a snap.

winSPWW2 and winSPMBT, both developed by Camo Workshop over years of pure devotion to crafting the ultimate classic wargaming experience on the computer, are tactical turn-based hex wargames focusing on combined arms warfare. winSPWW2 covers warfare from the thirties until immediately after the end of the Second World War, while winSPMBT picks up from that point and goes as far forward as 2020.

The games have their roots in the classic SSI Steel Panthers series but have evolved into entirely new manifestations. Featuring thousands of hours of gameplay, these are very easily the last games on the subject anyone would need. Between the two games players get hundreds of scenarios, numerous campaigns, the ability to randomly create battles, and both single player and multi-player action. On top of that is the ability to hand craft maps and scenarios, allowing for unlimited gaming.

Gameplay itself is as feature rich as the games themselves. Units are individual vehicles and squads, with detailed historically accurate statistics for every unit in the game. Various battle conditions can be chosen (such as whether the player is on the assault, defending, et cetera) , along with numerous map types. Games can be tiny affairs or mini-monsters.

Speaking of the units, there is no shortage of choices. While every single piece of equipment from every single nation may not be represented, you'd be hard pressed to not to feel like it actually is present. From rifles to heavy tanks, smoke grenades to rocket launchers, winSPWW2 and winSPMBT are chock full of groggy goodness.

The AI is ready whenever needed and provides a superb challenge. If playing against another human is the preferred choice secure PBEM is available, and with a thriving community an opponent is always just a forum post away.

For greater details on winSPWW2 please visit its official product page.

And for more information on winSPMBT go here.

winSPWW2 and winSPMBT are available as Enhanced Editions (CD and download) and as basic free downloadable versions. The Enhanced Editions allow greater screen resolutions, more PBEM slots, deeper cut and paste capabilities, and more. The core gameplay remains the same between the Enhanced Editions and the free downloads.

With Christmas and the other holidays fast approaching why not give the gift of wargaming? Give years worth of wargaming vahalla with the new Win 7 friendly versions of winSPWW2 and winSPMBT. Check out the individual product pages to order these fine titles.

For more great games and gift ideas please visit us at www.shrapnelgames.com. Check out our complete catalog including the latest game, the pen-and-paper role-playing experience, Total Eclipse.

Last edited by Tim Brooks; December 13th, 2012 at 11:39 PM..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tim Brooks For This Useful Post:
Old December 19th, 2012, 05:06 PM

Corporal

ERISS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSPWW2 And WinSPMBT Primed For Windows 7!

Are the missing campaign text files present in this new WinSPWW2v5.0 patch?
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48587
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ERISS For This Useful Post:
Old December 20th, 2012, 01:59 PM

Private

grant is on a distinguished road

I bought the Enhanced version of WinSPWW2 a couple years ago. Is there a way for me to get the new file so I can install it on my Win7 machine?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grant For This Useful Post:
Old December 23rd, 2012, 02:12 AM

Private

kolc is on a distinguished road

I downloaded and installed the free game on my Win7 computer. But everytime I attempt to run it I get an error message. Not sure if there is something else I need to to do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kolc For This Useful Post:
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:00 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERISS View Post
Are the missing campaign text files present in this new WinSPWW2v5.0 patch?
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48587
Yes
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:04 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant View Post
I bought the Enhanced version of WinSPWW2 a couple years ago. Is there a way for me to get the new file so I can install it on my Win7 machine?

Install your existing V1 enhanced version in

C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop

INSTEAD OF

C:\Program files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop

then install the consolidation patch and you'll be good to go
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:10 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolc View Post
I downloaded and installed the free game on my Win7 computer. But everytime I attempt to run it I get an error message. Not sure if there is something else I need to to do.

If you don't change the installation path to ..

C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop

so you are not putting it in

C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop

and THEN install the consolidation patch BEFORE trying to run the game you will have problems.

If you continue to have issues after that refer any further questions to the main game forums. This is just a press release area
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:48 PM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road

Great work guys. Having to install about 6 or 7 patches in sequence to be able to play the game was quite unconfortable, so this is a welcome change. If the price for WinSPWW2 or WinSPMBT would ever drop a bit more significantly I'd even buy them, but at present I can't afford them (sales had much too low discounts before, which is always a problem here).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spillblood For This Useful Post:
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:49 AM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

"The physical CD versions have now been reprinted to take advantage of the new installations and are available now, making them the perfect stocking stuffers for the grognards in your life. The digital download versions have also been updated if that method of delivery is your preference."

Im a little confused here, is there a new CD version? what is exactly the difference wityh the old one?
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:56 PM

Corporal

BadCompany is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPERTVS View Post
"The physical CD versions have now been reprinted to take advantage of the new installations and are available now, making them the perfect stocking stuffers for the grognards in your life. The digital download versions have also been updated if that method of delivery is your preference."

Im a little confused here, is there a new CD version? what is exactly the difference wityh the old one?
Basically, the original CD versions had version 1.0. Because there have been so many updates, they have re-printed the CD version so that you get 5.0 and 6.0 straight out of the box. You still get the same game, but you no longer have to download the updates after you install the game from the CD.