The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old December 27th, 2002, 07:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

God Emperor is on a distinguished road
Default Updated Jraenar, Klingons, Praetorian, Romulans, Shadows, UraTal and Borg 1.78h

Back again! Have been beavering away for the Last month (following the very interesting AI Death Match) completing yet another update of my AI (posted in the Races Archive).

The AI_Construction_Vehicles files have received same major attention whilst the AI_DesignCreation and AI_Research files have just been tweaked a little more.
I have also created an AI_strategies.txt file for the races in order to improve their combat performance.

I have play tested each of the AI individually for 100 turns without any snags and have played a multiplayer Version through to turn 100 too.

DesignCreation.txt:
After watching how the AI is now using Minesweepers and deals with mines under the latest patch, I've decided to disarm the Minesweepers and remove minesweeping components from the Attack ships. Hence, the Minesweeper ships now remove plenty of mines and the Attack ships are tougher opponents in combat.

I have also optimised the attack ships by creating designs for several hull sizes.

Research.txt:
The only significant change is that Combat Sensors and ECM have been advanced further up the research tree.

Components.txt - as per 1.78f
The Borg now have a Shield Depleting Weapon which becomes available at the same time that they get boarding parties.

Strategies.txt
New file created to support Maximum Weapons Range combat strategy.

Regards

God Emperor
Old December 27th, 2002, 12:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Updated Jraenar, Klingons, Praetorian, Romulans, Shadows, UraTal and Borg 1.78h

I look forward to adding the new AI to the ship sets. Now if I could talk you into producing AI for other races
Old December 27th, 2002, 12:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: Updated Jraenar, Klingons, Praetorian, Romulans, Shadows, UraTal and Borg 1.78h

he he he he

You have something in mind? If all goes well with this update I'd be happy to lend a hand ;

Regards,

GE
Old December 27th, 2002, 10:09 PM

Corporal

PeterD is on a distinguished road

excuse a beginners question but why can't
the AI for say Klingon be used for Breen or
any other trek race.
Old December 27th, 2002, 10:12 PM

Colonel

Taera is on a distinguished road

God Emperor, a small request for TDM-ModPack - there are many original races that lack good AIs and those are the ones i realy want to play with sometimes - drueshocka, eee, amon'krie, sallega, cryslonite, toltayan.

If you ever have time, would you please think about making AIs for these?
Old December 27th, 2002, 10:58 PM

Colonel

Arkcon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterD:
any other trek race.
'Cause thay would all research the same things in the same sequence, and build ships with the same design. Not that there's anything wrong with that -- but you'd get bored of playing against them sooner rather than later.
Old December 28th, 2002, 12:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

@Taera,
I'd be happy to oblige! I've taken a look at the races you have listed and will do mods for the Sallega and Toltayan - Cryslonites looked interesting too but I'll stick to two at this point.

Note: Eee have already been done by another modder, although I dont recall them being in mod-pack yet - I suggest that you have a hunt in the Races archive.

Regards,

GE

[ December 28, 2002, 00:10: Message edited by: God Emperor ]
Old December 28th, 2002, 03:38 AM

Private

Blade W is on a distinguished road

Taera: I`m working on an AI for the Fazrah, if you interested, send me a mail, and i`ll send it to you. The previous Version can be find in the Races Archive.

(I wanted to post the new Version as a Xmas Gift, but i noticed, my AI_Contruction_Vehicle file useless with bonuses so I`m still working to omptimize)

[ December 28, 2002, 01:44: Message edited by: Blade W ]
Old December 28th, 2002, 07:59 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Quote:
any other trek race.
They can. Nothing is stopping you from doing that. And that is often how it is done with some minor tweaks for each race. Currently, all of the NASY Trek races use custom AI based upon God Emperors and Generic Malfador races. But each is tweaked quite a bit.

For example, I will more than likely only use a few files for the Klingons, as the current AI I have for the Klingons is quite good.

The Cardassian Ai is excellent, as are most of the Federation and Ferengi AI. However, the Borg, and Romulan need help. So GE's Ai will become their new AI with some minor tweaks.
Old December 28th, 2002, 10:00 AM

Corporal

PeterD is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help.
I had noticed that some AI's were
pretty good while some were not.