The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 21st, 2003, 09:19 PM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [OT] Another heated discussion about the Iraq siutation, war and politics.

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrocities:
Turkey wants the northern Iraq oil fields. Why else act so stupidly.
It's not the oil. Turkey wants to prevent the Kurds from founding a Kurdish state in northern Iraq after it has been liberated. Turkey has been fiercely opressing kurds within it's own borders for decades and fears things will get out of hand when the Kurds declare independence.

[ March 21, 2003, 19:21: Message edited by: henk brouwer ]

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5
Old March 21st, 2003, 09:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aloofi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [OT] Another heated discussion about the Iraq siutation, war and politics.

Well, if we start talking about the "truth", then we got to say what's bihind the war.

If the US takes control of Irak then they will control the Iraki economy through whatever govertment they put in place, and most Euros belive that is way too much power for the US, and thus tried to check the US using the UN.

Now the problem is that the UN have become "irrelevant".
Historically, the UN funtion have been to keep the US and the Soviets from going to war, and lately have been to justify the wars of the powerful against the weak.
What we saw in the UN Last couple months was that some countries believed for a moment that the UN was really there to keep peace in the world, instead of justifying wars, and the moment the UN failed to justify a war the UN became absolutely irrelevant, cause no military (nuclear) power is gonna hear what that bunch of loser in the UN say.

Or anybody really thought that Russia was going to allow UN intervention in Chechenia, just to mention one?
--------------------

When somebody says he is going to kill you.........believe him. -Holocaust survivor
Old March 21st, 2003, 09:46 PM

Corporal

VampiricDread is on a distinguished road

Take a look at my post on Shrapnel's General, above. Thank you.
Old March 21st, 2003, 10:04 PM

Major

primitive is on a distinguished road

A few days ago I saw a poll that said 40% of Americans believed Iraq was behind the 9/11 terrorist attack.
- Probably only the ignorant, I thought, those who get their info of the world from Rikki Lake and Jerry Springer, those with no power.

10 minutes ago I saw Ari Fleischer (White House Spokesman) on the television confirming that GWB believes Iraq responsible (I cannot even with my best intention make his comment mean something else, sure someone else here can).
Old March 21st, 2003, 10:19 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Thermodyne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by primitive:
A few days ago I saw a poll that said 40% of Americans believed Iraq was behind the 9/11 terrorist attack.
- Probably only the ignorant, I thought, those who get their info of the world from Rikki Lake and Jerry Springer, those with no power.

10 minutes ago I saw Ari Fleischer (White House Spokesman) on the television confirming that GWB believes Iraq responsible (I cannot even with my best intention make his comment mean something else, sure someone else here can).
Actually there is compelling evidence that two of the hijackers were not the people that their papers said they were. The files on these two are from Kuwait, and were tampered with during Iraq’s occupation, along with hundreds of others. In the case of the two under investigation, people who knew them personally in the past say that the pictures and descriptions do not match the people they knew. One of them would have grown about 5 inches very late in life. The other is very much the wrong age. Also, of the tampered files, almost all of the people have since dispersed across Europe and North America, many then dropping out of sight.

Also as I post this, US Special Forces are attacking an enclave of the Taliban in Iraq.

Oh..Rikki Lake is a looser, who watches that crud anyway?

[ March 21, 2003, 20:20: Message edited by: Thermodyne ]

Think about it
Old March 21st, 2003, 10:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

Check out this baby...

--------------------

When somebody says he is going to kill you.........believe him. -Holocaust survivor
Old March 21st, 2003, 10:44 PM

Major

primitive is on a distinguished road

Thermo:
Correct me if I missunderstand you here.
The main evidence of Iraq beeing responsible for 9/11 is 2 persons with falsified papers from Kuwait ?

BTW, those pictures of yours was real funny

Aloofi:
Is there any point at all to your post ?
Please excplain.

And regarding the war.
Now thats it's started, lets all hope it will be over as soon as possible.
Old March 21st, 2003, 10:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally posted by primitive:
Aloofi:
Is there any point at all to your post ?
Please excplain.

Come on, that's a Desert Eagle, the prettiest baby in town. I have to get me one of those.
Don't you like it?
Which kind you oil?
--------------------

Old March 22nd, 2003, 12:23 AM

Sergeant

solops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Aloofi:
quote:
Originally posted by Atrocities:
Turkey wants the northern Iraq oil fields. Why else act so stupidly.
gotta be. Maybe they think there's gonna be a reparting of Irak after the war or something.

Not a bad idea. Repart Irak between Turkey, Iran and Arabia.
But I don't think certain corporations would like something like this.

The players with the big chips: Royal Dutch Shell and BP, mainly I think. And Total-Elf has recently gotten or was negotiating concessions.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. Judge Learned Hand
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that They are not out to get you.

Old March 22nd, 2003, 12:28 AM

Sergeant

solops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Aloofi:
Check out this baby... (imagine off-color picture of Destert Eagle pistol)

My brother has the 44 Mag Version of the Desert Eagle. Awesome pistol, incredibly well designed, surprisingly low recoil and accurate to 75 yards. We were hitting a 4" PVC pipe at 150 yards 2 out of 5 shots. Not bad for duffers. The Smith and Wesson 357 can't touch it. Very few moving pieces, easy to strip and clean....also incredibly expensive. But, pistols in general and automatics especially give me the willies. Revolvers are a bit less intimidating to me, but rifles leave me a lot more compfortable. Of course, all of the marines I know would really, really, really like to have one. Now, if I can just catch that possum that has been raiding my garbage cans....

[ March 22, 2003, 12:32: Message edited by: solops ]

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. Judge Learned Hand
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that They are not out to get you.