This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old June 5th, 2005, 05:02 PM

General

David E. Gervais is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Anarchy Online

Yes indeed, very nice tips. I started a new character and followed your directions.. I now have an amazing character compared to my previous starts. (Name: Valorgardian)

I have not sold my sunglasses yet, because they are well, cool, and It took alot of work to gain enough credits to buy them. I upgraded my pistols and man I manage to survive harder fights and thus gain more xp.

BTW My new char is at level 9 after about 4 hours, not bad considering 3 of those four hours were spent on Newbie isle collecting enough credits, and all the required parts.

If you catch me online I have a few 'novel' items found on newbie isle that you might have some use for. I don't remember the names but I have 4 power supples and a large group of CPU clusters or something along those lines.

Anyway, I like this game, but it really shines when you team up. Solo, is a pain and I can see how AT is having trouble getting past newbie isle. But hey, If he makes it past that and finds the joys of teamwork, then I think he'll be hooked.

Nuf said, Cheers!
Old June 5th, 2005, 05:37 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the tips.
Old June 6th, 2005, 05:59 AM

Major

deccan is on a distinguished road

Hey thank you! I'm just glad people found my advice helpful. Um, here's some more random stuff:

1) Definitely get and keep a Morphing Memory from subway. This is a levelling item as well and goes all the way up to QL 200, providing NCU and Nano Resist bonuses.

2) In subway, you should notice a lot of junk drops like "Burnt Out Memory Chip", "Spool of Wire" etc. Don't bother getting these if you don't intend to get Shadowlands. They're for a quest to get direct access to SL areas from Rubi-Ka.

3) The Striker Foreman in subway drops the "Boots of Infinite Speed" which can be a good newbie item. When used it locks your Run skill for a time and gives you a boost to Run speed, useful when you're running for your life.

4) Eumenides, the smallest of the three subway bosses drops the "Ring of Nucleus Basalis". This is also a levelling item and can be sold to other players for maybe 500k. I found that I could easily solo Eumenides with Yatima at level 20 (well, me and my bot anyway). I killed him three times though, but I never got the ring to drop for me.

5) The construction workers in subway drop construction sleeves, which are very useful for tradeskillers. They sell for about 50k a pair.

6) Many areas of the game are instanced. These include all dungeons and shops, to prevent them from becoming overcrowded. This is why when you try to meet someone in a shop, you can both be inside and not see each other, because you're in different versions of it. All members of a team will always enter the same copy of instanced areas though, and you can see which copy of the instance you're in by seeing the "Group Select" number when you hit Shift-F9. Note that even Newbie Isle is instanced, so not everyone you find talking on Newbie chat channel will be on your copy of Newbie Isle.

7) Omnifiers and clanalizers are used to make armor pieces into sided armor versions. They appear to drop randomly in any mission, regardless of mission level. The standard price for one of them is about 50k each, so don't sell these to NPC shops. However, I've been known to go to Clan areas, listen to the Clan shopping channels to buy omnifiers for 50k each, then go to Omni areas and sell them on the Omni shopping channel for 150k apiece. Ah, the advantages of being neutral...

8) Notum fragments / chips sell for about 1k per ql, so don't sell these to NPC shops either. They're used in many tradeskilling processes. Notum pellets on the other hand, aren't worth much as they can only be used to make nano rechargers.

9) If any of you manage to find an Instruction Disc (Summon Grid Armor) or Instruction Disc (Nullity Sphere), congratulations, you just hit the lottery. Never sell these to shops. Auction them to the highest bidder. The Grid Armor I (GA1) sells for at least 25 million credits. GA4 sells for anywhere from 250 million to 500 million credits. I'm not sure how much Nullity Sphere sells for, but certainly many, many millions. Unless of course, you want to use them yourself. GA is for fixers and NS is for Nanotechnicians.

10) Remember to use helpbot and recipebot! Type /tell helpbot help and /tell recipebot help. Lots of useful stuff there.
Old June 6th, 2005, 07:46 AM

Major

In case anyone is interested in in-game events here's the latest issue of the ARK prepared TAG magazine:

http://ark.anarchy-online.com/tag/tag5.pdf

The interesting part is an invitation to all neutral characters to attend a meeting at Neuters R Us on 25th June.

Anyway, my main "Deccan" has just been recruited into Shattered Dreams. I've been trying to get a hold of their guy in charge during Australasian time zones since last week, but had bad luck getting online at the same time as him, finally, their org president fhinn made a point of staying online specifically to wait for me.

We had a short interview in Newland City and then I got accepted in the org. Then fhinn took me on a tour to their city in Newland Desert. It's really cool, and I got bonuses to all nanoskills and some other stuff like run speed from the org's city buildings and notum towers.

They have special org only shops where they provide a variety of good stuff for practically free to org members. In their hq building is a workshop that boosted all my tradeskills to 200+ even though I never spent an IP on them, and they have a silo that effectively acts as a private arena to do friendly practise pvp fights. And oh yeah, their bar is way cool and is decorated with real carborich rocks. Some went up to ql 200+!

I notice too that their org channel gives additional information on notum tower fights. Normally players only get notification of outcomes of tower fights, but the org channel also gives information on tower fights starting, which I presume is to give org people the chance to rush to defend.

I'll see if I can into some org based activities today.
Old June 6th, 2005, 04:12 PM

National Security Advisor

Phoenix-D is on a distinguished road

"Neuters R U"

I'd be, er, a bit wary of going anywhere with THAT name.

I am not senile. I just talk to myself because the rest of you don't provide adequate conversation.
-Digger
Old June 7th, 2005, 04:40 PM

Captain

AgentZero is on a distinguished road

deccan, any suggestions on where to sell the stuff we import from Newbie Island? I've been trying but no one seems interested in forking out the kind of money you mentioned.

Also, since you mentioned you were playing an Agent, can you suggest a good Rifle for me?
Old June 7th, 2005, 06:25 PM

Major

I sold Yatima's sunglasses in Rome. I wouldn't suggest actually sitting down and hawking them. If you post a WTS message, you'd likely get lower prices. What I did was simply pay attention to the shopping channels for a WTB Omnitek Sunglasses. Running around the Rome area, I don't see one everyday, but I do get one maybe every two to three days as Yatima when running around subway / doing missions etc.

As for the Agent, I don't really intend to play Omegared anymore (agents don't work well in teams), so I'm not sure which rifles are good, but the ones with "counter-sniper" in their names seem to be popular.

Edit: The sunglasses are a vanity item without great stats, so, yes, you do have to be patient to sell them. If you really want to make money, mission for concrete cushions. Get QL 10 concrete cushions and sell them for about 300k a pair. Other good items to mission for are low QL Second-Hand Old English Trading Co., which I once sold for 150k, and one of the Windchaser rifles that buff treatment, I forget which one. That should sell for about 150k as well. Or you could hit level 20-ish and kill mobs at Temple of Three Winds. They drop maybe 500+ credits per mob, and respawn fast.

Yatima already has one QL 11 concrete cushion, so if you want to mission for a QL10-11 one for deccan, and help me transfer stuff from my alts, I'll pay you 200k.

Money is still tight for me at my level though. I have maybe 5.8 million cash, and can get about 100k per mission on Rubi-Ka, but I need to save for a yalm (about 5 million) and a full suit of Jobe armor (about 15 million).
Old June 8th, 2005, 04:04 AM

Major

AgentZero, try this:

Cheap Yatamutchy X-3 Counter-Sniper Rifle

This is what one of the seniors in my org is using for his agent twink.
Old June 9th, 2005, 07:02 PM

General

David E. Gervais is on a distinguished road

Deccan, in case you can get 'perks' for getting people to subscribe, well, I'm hooked and have paid for a full year plus the Alien Invasion expansion. So much for my summer budget.

And Don't worry people, this in no way affects SE5 dev. My part of the work is all but done. I'm basically providing stuff as Aaron sees a new need open up. I usually give Aaron 'same-day' turn around on the artwork request he throws at me.

Cheers!

P.S. What does the AI Exp give you? I started a new Character "Hetch" and have seen some wierd things like when my AI XP got to 1500/1500 it stayed there for a long time. I was not getting any more AI XP for killing spiders. Then I killed a Big Alien Robot thing at the end of the spider pier and the AI level topped off and I started getting AI XP again. I wish they gave more info on AI than "look here this is great buy it!" look at the faq!, which tells people nothing.

Anyway, I'll see you online.
Old June 12th, 2005, 07:21 AM

Captain

AgentZero is on a distinguished road

Arg... Very annoyed today. Went and upgraded to Shadowlands to get my hands on a Keeper. Was having a great old time last night, levelling away merilly (got up to L8 in 2hrs!), then I wake up this morning to find that, despite having paid the thing off weeks ago, my credit card's been declined and my account frozen. Worst part is, it's Sunday, so I can't even yell at my bank. Grrr...