winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old October 30th, 2005, 02:37 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turn playback?

Yes,

As Remco noticed this is probably the problem.

Alby's question is why he don't see his artillery after he hits the "End Turn" of his phase.

So in order to make it clear:

Artillery (0,1 delay) in WinSPMBT hits at the end of the next player's turn, while the same delay (0,1) in SPWAW hits at the end of the actual player's turn.

Also, a 0,0 delay will deliver a full barage (for a 81mm mortar; 8 HE shells) while a 0,4 delay will deliver only the aprox 50% of the full barage (for a 81mm mortar; 4 HE shells).

cheers,
Pyros
Old October 30th, 2005, 04:22 PM

Corporal

Alby is on a distinguished road

ok during vcr playback I do see my arty hit
But...why would I see his arty only and not mine at end of my turn?
He sees his arty hit.
I also see his strike aircraft attack too
don't know if this matters or not.

Man I am blind missing that big green platyback button at the top...
Lt. Col. William Barrett Travis- The Alamo-1836

Old October 30th, 2005, 04:42 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

This is normal,

You should see his artillery missions at the end of your turn and he should see your artillery missions at the end of his turn.

Now, if he is able to see also his arty missions at the end of his turn then perhaps this is the "special weapon" of Jad (his sixth sense ) or it is something that I miss...

cheers,
Pyros
Old October 30th, 2005, 06:57 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,510 Times in 2,719 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Alby said:
One thing I forgot to mention or ask about..
He is only sending me 2 zipped files
the CMT and the DAT files.
I notice the manual mentions 3 files??
Is he supposed to be also zipping the PBEM registry Dat file?
There used to be three files but we only use two in winSPMBT. I went through the Game Guide before we released the game and removed ( I thought....) all references to three files. If you can point me at the section of GG that says three files are used in PBEM I will remove it for the 2.5 patch

The PBEM registry Dat was to be used for an idea when never implemented but may someday and has no ( current ) use in the game

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old October 30th, 2005, 07:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,510 Times in 2,719 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Alby said:
ok during vcr playback I do see my arty hit
But...why would I see his arty only and not mine at end of my turn?
He sees his arty hit.
I also see his strike aircraft attack too
don't know if this matters or not.

Man I am blind missing that big green platyback button at the top...

Pyros explained this in another post

=======

Artillery (0,1 delay) in WinSPMBT hits at the end of the next player's turn, while the same delay (0,1) in SPWAW hits at the end of the actual player's turn.

Also, a 0,0 delay will deliver a full barage (for a 81mm mortar; 8 HE shells) while a 0,4 delay will deliver only the aprox 50% of the full barage (for a 81mm mortar; 4 HE shells).
=============

Different games handle arty different ways. We changed the arty routine in both SPWW2 and SPMBT some time ago while they were both still run in DOS to make using arty more of a challenge otherwise it's just too easy to use especially when you can shift three or four hexes so easily. When it lands at the end of your opponents turn you have to think ahead a bit more

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old October 30th, 2005, 07:24 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

And when it lands at the beginning of your turn, it means you get the supression effects of the barrage without the opponent having a chance to rally away your shelling effects.

Cheers
Andy
Old October 30th, 2005, 07:37 PM

Corporal

Alby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DRG said:
Quote:
Alby said:
One thing I forgot to mention or ask about..
He is only sending me 2 zipped files
the CMT and the DAT files.
I notice the manual mentions 3 files??
Is he supposed to be also zipping the PBEM registry Dat file?
There used to be three files but we only use two in winSPMBT. I went through the Game Guide before we released the game and removed ( I thought....) all references to three files. If you can point me at the section of GG that says three files are used in PBEM I will remove it for the 2.5 patch

The PBEM registry Dat was to be used for an idea when never implemented but may someday and has no ( current ) use in the game

Don
Thanks for all the replys guys...I could not play the dos versions
so I am relearning all over again.

here is a couple of sections of the manual that reference 3 files. All our found under the PBEM section, one starts out mentioining 2 then changes to 3.

"In a remote game, player 1 now sends the 3 zipped up files to player 2, who places the zip file somewhere safe (remember to keep all the zips in case of need to reload) and unzips the files contained in this to his [WinSPMBT]\Saved Games or [WinSPMBT]\PBEM Games (if secure) directory under windows."

"These 2 files are what we transfer to the other player, however, these can be rather large, and so it is best to zip these up using WINZIP, ensure that both of you use the same file compression utility, whichever you choose (negotiate this between yourselves as part of your battle setup emails). Winzip comes on the front cover CD ROMS of most decent computer magazines usually under the utilities section. It is the premier zip package, also at www.winzip.com. With winzip installed, there is a right mouse click extension to zip the files, select the 3, right click with mouse, select zip and enter a file name."

Lt. Col. William Barrett Travis- The Alamo-1836