.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old April 8th, 2006, 12:45 AM

Private

Meerkut is on a distinguished road
Default SPMBT CRASHING

G'day,

Don't know if anyone can help me...but recently I am having a problem of SPMBT crashing after a few turns. In fact I just had a case where, while selecting my forces, it crashed on me. I then get a dialogue box where it tells me that Winspmbt is facing a problem and it will be closing and a 'Send' or 'Don't send' button to Microsoft informing them of the problem.

My set is a laptop, ACER Travelmate 4052LMi, Intel Pentium M725 processor with 1Gb of ram and a 60GB HDD. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thank you
Old April 8th, 2006, 02:32 AM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SPMBT CRASHING

Hi,

You may try to play the game by turning off the sound (from preferences menu).

But, first read these threads:

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...b=5&o=&fpart=1

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...b=5&o=&fpart=1

cheers,
Old April 8th, 2006, 04:00 PM

BANNED USER

Mustang is on a distinguished road

Most video games have trouble with laptops. Laptops are configured differently than desktop PCs, and I've also had a lot of crashes playing SPMBT on my laptop. There's really no solution to the problem, if Camo Workshop was a fancy software company with 50 employees I'm sure they'd have made it laptop compatible but Don and Andy are apparently the only people who work there.
Old April 9th, 2006, 11:09 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,222 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

As Pyros says - try turning ALL sound off.

What graphics card do you have? - ther can be problems if you do not have a real DirectX compliant card, with real RAM and not using "shared" system RAM. As you have a laptop, you may have one of these?. Aditionally - check that you have the latest drivers for your card (laptop manufacturers website and/or gfx card manufacturer website).

If turning the sound off does not help (your laptop may have a sound card that cannot handle multiple MP3 streams, or you may have a problematic audio CODEC installed), then try running in windowed mode with the option to use Windows GDI graphics turned on instead of DirectX, especially if you have some sort of low end gfx card.

Laptops and games are generally a problematic match, unfortunately. Though my IBM R50e has no problems (sound or gfx) with WinSPMBT despite having low-end integrated gfx card and sound. Not a bad buy at £399 from Staples (Hint to UK buyers - check your local Staples office supply shop if looking for a PC or laptop, they sometimes have special offers like that in-store, and not mentioned on the Staples website).

Cheers
Andy
Old April 22nd, 2006, 04:42 AM

Private

Meerkut is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the advice. Presently in a place where getting internet access is almost next to impossible. Will try it out as soon as I get back.