The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Closed Thread

Old November 13th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Sergeant

Yimboli is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE5 gets some... \"recognition\"

this venting would be more productive if we weren't talking past eachother.

we all need to find a middle ground here.
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:38 PM

Sergeant

Sivran is on a distinguished road

Ok. SE5's UI is [censored]. I haven't even played it enough to run into the bugs because of the UI. How's that for middle ground?
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Imperator Fyron said:
AT: Do you have any evidence that SF1st forced a release? It was my understanding that Aaron Hall chose to release it then...
Good point Fyron. I don't. I guess forced was a bad choice of words. Prompted perhaps?
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:56 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
And I still see nothing but apologist propaganda from Atrocities and Fyron.
Very interesting choice of words. (I agree with Fyrons response to this comment.)

Additionaly, I make no apologies for Malfador or SFI. They knew what they were doing when they chose to do it. All I have ever tried to do is point out two simple facts. 1. That Aaron made this game on his own at his own expense with no support or help from any other developer or publisher aside from his usual outstanding team of artists that have colaborated with him in the past. All of the programing is his work. And 2. that despire being released in such a poor condition, the game will improve and that is entirely do to the feed back that Aaron recieves from the people who play the game.

I hope that this clears up any false presumptions. And if you want to flame people, go back to the MOO3 forums where you belong.
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

frightlever are you by chance from the old MOO3 forums? Are you here from there to do what most people did to that forum after the abysmal POS Masters Of Orion 3 was released? If so I would hope that you wouldn't.

While SE V has its flaws, it kicks the hell out of MOO3 and SFI and Malfador have done a better job supporting SE V than those vile POS bastards who developed and released MOO3 ever did for that game.

These forums here at Shrapnel are a decent place to come and post. However if all you want to do is pick on people and attack a game that you don't like, then go to the official SpaceEmpresV web site and complain there.

That is your right, but frankly hearing your incessant babble here is getting on my nerves and while I have made some rude comments recently for which I am deeply embarrassed, I will put my foot back into my mouth one more time, and extend you one last courtesy; SE V is and will be a game that shall be played for a very long time. Its really a shame that you don't see this, and one can only hope that you will eventually choose to stop playcating us with your "blame them" comments and move forward into constructive and productive posting.

Quote:
EDIT: Oh. And "get a life" from the guy with 17k posts. Irony. Look it up.
I think that if you had bothered to look up any of Fyrons post you will see that he has been here over five years and that 99% of his posts have all been on topic and helpful, unlike any of your current posts!
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:10 PM

First Lieutenant

Azselendor is on a distinguished road

Atrocities, you forgot the morale support of Aaron's many many customers and fans.

SE5 might be buggy, but so was SE3 and 4 when they came out. Hell, I remember the infamous SE3 patch that effectively killed the game outright, yet the fans remained. Why? Because they didn't make apologies for Aaron to disgruntled customers, they either re-installed the game or patiently waited on SE3's download page hitting "Refresh" in anticipation.

Anyone with a problem with the game right now, just be patient for the patches and report your bugs to Aaron as you encounter them.
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Well said Azselendor. Well said.
Old November 13th, 2006, 07:23 PM

Brigadier General

President_Elect_Shang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
frightlever said:
...The fact he apologised shows he didn't believe what he said...
This one comment alone shows your maturity. You are a child point blank! A man knows how to admit a mistake; apologies if warranted, learns and grows. And with that I am done, you can say I’m angry or whatever label makes you feel better about your actions. I stand by my words, you are a child and I am tired of your pointless prattle and uncalled for insults. Move back to the hole you came from and take your vile putrid hate with you!
Old November 13th, 2006, 07:45 PM

General

Ed Kolis is on a distinguished road

Guys, will you quit flaming each other? Please? Especially Atrocities, you're SUPPOSED to be a moderator... is it going to come down to Mindi or somebody coming here and taking that power away from you???
Old November 13th, 2006, 08:03 PM

Brigadier General

President_Elect_Shang is on a distinguished road

For goodness sakes Ed! Frightlever is way out of lines, twice now! You are asking what it’s going to take to calm things down? Well I ask what do we have to endure before something is done about him? I understand he [Atrocities] may be a moderator but defense is never unjust. It may be unjustified at times but not this one. Seriously how many people does Frightlever have to call dicks and propagandists first?
Closed Thread