Notices

Old February 16th, 2007, 12:06 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,501 Times in 2,715 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: v2.5 scenarios not running on v3.0

Quote:
Siddhi said:

I will fix the units in question and see if it makes a difference. The "disappearing units" were on the "other" (soviet) side, but perhaps my bugg contributed to it. If it still does not work I'll provide more details. I'll let you know how it goes.
The error units were all on the Austrian side. Make sure your Russian unit that showed up without the transport is set up to show up the same time as the transport. You *MAY* have set a variable reinforcment turn for both that conflict

Quote:
Siddhi said:
BTW I am presuming that I will have to do the mods in 2.5 as the scenario was designed there, is that correct?

No. Use 3.0

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old February 19th, 2007, 08:39 AM

Corporal

Siddhi is on a distinguished road

Don, fixing the values and saving it in a different slot did not work, plus I found some other wierd probs - i'm think uninstall/ reinstall completly. a quick description to show you what i am talking about and see if you've heard about this before:

1. in the "MEU Campaign", 2nd mission (heliborne), i have 3 "Phillipino SF squads" listed in the HQ section, however only one appears on screen, the others are "clickable" on the HQ screen but simply do not appear on the game screen (if this makes any sense). The rest of the campaign runs fine, besides the fact that i have NO briefings whatsoever after the very first one.

2. i designed a quick test scenario, with AI amphib and heli assault, standardard OOBs and flags etc. double checked...however the AI refused to budge, or better said, the amphib component refused to budge while the heli element just seemed to flock around a centre hex in the middle of the ocean...

3. and, of course, some saves are not accessible (I had this problem with 2.5 also, for some reason some saves simply do not work anymore...click, get to choose player screen, click and it throws you back to save menu.

does any of this make any sense to you.

cheers,

S
Old February 19th, 2007, 01:06 PM

Corporal

Nox is on a distinguished road

Hi.

For #1 there is patch that fixes this campaign in the "V3 Campaign correction" thread.

For #2 The map needs to be set as beach landing assault for the barges to work.

For #3 I noticed sometime ago that the saves in campaign result screen (after you have won a battle and the game promts you to save) do not always work. To solve this try to save your campaign games manualy in the mission phase. I have not seen this problem for a while so maybe it is already fixed.

Other than messing the reinforcement values for your units I dont know what is the problem whit the scenario, but maybe re-installing will help you. You should also read the manual for scneario designing carefuly so you do not make mistakes.
Old February 19th, 2007, 01:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

If you get a campaign save from this version of the game that does not work attach it to a post so we can look at it

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old February 19th, 2007, 01:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

In regards to point #1 there is a fix for the campaigns in the thread that he mentions that will give you all the text you need but the "Phillipino SF squads" are indeed MIA and I will look into why that is and issue a correction with the next patch. For now, assume they missed the bus.

Don

Old February 19th, 2007, 02:15 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

I checked my copy of v3 and they are MIA. They are in the scenario file though and are not set as reinforcements or anything out of the ordinary. Odd.
Old February 19th, 2007, 02:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Mike. I opened the scenario up and re-"fixed" those two units and it works OK now. I have the files added to the next patch but here they are.....

Extract these to your Campaigns folder

Don
Attached Files
File Type: zip 497610-MEU fix.zip (56.8 KB, 73 views)

Old February 20th, 2007, 11:54 AM

Corporal

Siddhi is on a distinguished road

thanks chaps, all problems addressed. still have not had the chance to to check the probs with my custom scenario not running but it seems similar to the "missing phillipino SF squads" we mentioned, same cause?
S
Old February 20th, 2007, 12:02 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Maybe, try re-positioning them then save

Don