Old March 5th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Major General

Strategia_In_Ultima is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Cyber Nation

Quote:
Will said:
Quote:
Strategia_In_Ultima said:
I have yet to receive anything period, except auto-generated spam from miscellaneous strangers wanting a trade (which always use the exact same formatting)
You should know that those trade offers you sent use the exact same auto-generated message that you got from strangers. If you get one, as long as the stranger is on the same team (Aqua), you should just accept it for now. The bonuses you get for accepting are worth a lot more than waiting for putting together all the resources you want long-term.
Well, OK then I was just browsing the nether regions of the alliance list looking for trade partners, but I'll do what you say, I do need trade after all.
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:55 AM

Corporal

JeffGeorge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Strategia_In_Ultima said:
Well, this is going very well isn't it I've sent four trade offers to as many nations and have just withdrawed them, after about two or three days. I have yet to receive anything period, except auto-generated spam from miscellaneous strangers wanting a trade (which always use the exact same formatting) and one message asking for my vote in a senate election. I'll try and make something out of it, but I do seem to be lagging behind in just about everything, together with a bunch of other forgotten nations on the bottom of the list.

My nation is called Neo-Athenia, btw.
Ferenczia is open to trades with alliance members.

Jeff
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:31 PM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

Fiducia just made a trade offer to Ferenczia.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old March 5th, 2007, 09:03 PM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road

So, has anyone 'done the math' and figured when it's best to start buying improvements instead of just more infrastructure? Of course the military improvements are useful whenever you need military power, but the financial ones like the bank or the 'social' ones like schools or clinics are harder to figure out the cost-benefit situation for.
Old March 5th, 2007, 10:03 PM

Corporal

Beck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Baron Munchausen said:
So, has anyone 'done the math' and figured when it's best to start buying improvements instead of just more infrastructure? Of course the military improvements are useful whenever you need military power, but the financial ones like the bank or the 'social' ones like schools or clinics are harder to figure out the cost-benefit situation for.
Math is different though depending on resources, infrastructure,etc. I read the programmer intended for it to be hard to figure out, we're to learn by doing. The general rules of thumb is around 1500 NS and you shouldn't have to save more than 2-3 days. You get no absolute consensus on which to buy first, but the general consensus all things being equal, is to buy the harbor first as this gives you an trade for resources. YMMV
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:54 PM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road

I read a recommendation that you build up 200 Infrastructure before you start buying improvements and then it suggest Harbour be the first improvement.
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:20 AM

Corporal

JeffGeorge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
capnq said:
Fiducia just made a trade offer to Ferenczia.
Approved. I still have one slot open to trade my iron and gems if anyone else needs them.

Jeff
Old March 9th, 2007, 10:14 AM

Private

Forlorn_Hope is on a distinguished road

A new day of peace and prosperity has dawned over the nation of Wilhelmia! Today, for the first time since the founding of the nation, there is total and complete peace throughout the land. The soldiers relax, the children play in the streets, and all is well. To celebrate this newfound peacefulness, we shall go to war! Hurrah!
Old March 9th, 2007, 10:38 AM

Private

Forlorn_Hope is on a distinguished road

To update: I did some fun stuff, walked off with $110,000, but, they want to heavily go to war with me. I'm in peace mode right now, so they can't touch me. I'm going to withdraw from the alliance for now, just in case they decide to try to hurt some of you guys.
Old March 9th, 2007, 10:35 PM

Corporal

Beck is on a distinguished road

Hey, you guys. Just some advice. I noticed that New Norge is under attack by Hiroku. Hiroku claims to be a member of GATO. That may or may not be true. There have been a lot of rogues running using bogus alliance affiliations. Someone really ought to check with GATO and see if he's a member or not before deciding how to proceed or you could bring GATO down on you if you're not careful. Good Luck.