ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 24th, 2007, 03:48 PM

Corporal

Nox is on a distinguished road
Default Finland obat65 corrections

Unit-336: KC-360 STRIX should use the same icon as unit-335 KC-360 AMV AMOS. These are the same vehicles the other one just has the armor piercing strix round's for its 120mm twin tube AMOS mortar system. The icon currently allocated for KC-360 STRIX looks like the Patria IFV vehicle icon that has the 30mm autocannon.

about the STRIX round:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strix_mortar_round
Old March 24th, 2007, 05:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,499 Times in 2,715 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Finland obat65 KC-360 STRIX wrong icon!

It's already fixed in my copy of the OOB's. I'm not sure who may have already brought this up as I have no record of it being mentioned but I checked the OOB and it's already been changed

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old March 24th, 2007, 06:48 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Finland obat65 KC-360 STRIX wrong icon!

Roger that!

I reinstalled the WinSPMBT v.3.0 patch just to be sure and it showed icon 2443 for unit-336 when it should be using 2394. So you must have corrected it at some point after that, thanks.
Old March 27th, 2007, 09:34 AM

Corporal

Default Finland obat65 corrections

OK, I changed the header of this topic so I can add more correction suggestions to Finnish obat whitout starting another thread.

The MG's in Finnish OOB:

Ingame now the last MG for Finland is the WW2-era Maxim HMG, however there has also been in active service since 1966 the Light MG 62 (KK 62) LINK . This weapon is reprecented ingame only as part of LMG squads attached to reserve troops formations and as secondary squad support LMG's, but it could also be made available as an MG for separate purchase in the Infantry menu. As it is now the last MG for Finland is the Maxim HMG which ends at 1995 and this seems abit strange to me.

Secondly the Soviet made 7.62mm PKM MG is now in active service and possibly completely replacing the Finnish made KK 62 LMG in the future. This is missing from the Finnish OOB and should be added in the MG gategory starting from January 2006 (does anyone know a more exact introduction date?).
Old March 27th, 2007, 10:42 AM

Sergeant

pdoktar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Finland obat65 corrections

Finnish MGs are ment to be squad level assets, and at least the KK 62 and probably the PKM doesnīt have any kind of tripod mounts in Finland. The problem is that since they donīt have proper mounts, they canīt have the range of 24 hexes of comparable systems in other oobs. Also no RF and FC ratings. So you can think of detached PKMs or whatever, but they should be retained as light machine gun status, range 12 hexes.

Also I remeber that armored brigade guys in Parola, riding their BMPs had a PKM as a squad level weapon already before 2000.
Old March 27th, 2007, 10:51 AM

Corporal

Indeed, I did not consider the range issues and tripod mounts. The idea of an detached LMG in a prepared position acting like a regular MG was in my mind.

Quote:
pdoktar said:
Also I remeber that armored brigade guys in Parola, riding their BMPs had a PKM as a squad level weapon already before 2000.
Yep but the armored vehicles usualy came whit Russian MG's anyhow. The question is when did they start training the regular infantry units whit the PKM's rather than the KK 62?
Old March 28th, 2007, 05:34 AM

Sergeant

In 2000 Karelian Brigade jaeger units used the KK 62. However, 2004 we had the PKM as a squad level weapon in exercises. It is not clear though how many those PKMs there are in service. At least Karelian readiness Brigade should have them as they have those Leos and CV90s.
Old April 21st, 2007, 05:13 AM

Private

EnemyAce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
pdoktar said:
Finnish MGs are ment to be squad level assets, and at least the KK 62 and probably the PKM doesnīt have any kind of tripod mounts in Finland. The problem is that since they donīt have proper mounts, they canīt have the range of 24 hexes of comparable systems in other oobs. Also no RF and FC ratings. So you can think of detached PKMs or whatever, but they should be retained as light machine gun status, range 12 hexes.

Hmm, this might be wrong. I suppose that 12mmITKK(anti-air defence machine gun) is supposed to work also as anti-person gun. With those tripods it replace Maxim HMG. This would be perhaps something to look forward because Maxim in service to '95 sounds more than suspicious.
Old April 21st, 2007, 06:50 AM

Sergeant

The 12,7mm NSV is a heavy machine gun, with a tripod for AA-fire and ground support. However this is not a squad level asset, only when mounted on the squad Pasi-APC. It is a platoon level asset on motorized formations and may indeed be used in static defense roles. However it is VERY difficult to move by three men (Done it several times, itīs pure hell believe me) so it is not a personal weapon, like KK 62 and PKM medium machine guns.
Old April 21st, 2007, 07:39 AM

Corporal

Yep, All in all I think the MG's are modeled correctly as they are now ingame.

Btw. on those Maxim guns take a look at the Jaeger platoon site:
http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/MG1.htm

It say there: "Maxim M/32-33 are still belonging to weapons warehoused by Finnish Defence Forces for war-time use."

So you could extend their availability even further than 1995...