.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 7th, 2007, 04:33 PM

Private

Wyehl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Game: Dark Matter

As far as I am concerned, can we go in between and do 72 ? I think 48 would be fine (and the norm) except QH can sort of shorten your time. Not to mention issues like this last patch.
Old June 5th, 2007, 01:27 AM

Private

Wyehl is on a distinguished road

Sorry, slight delay this turn...sorry about that...I will turn in tomorrow. Apologies again.
Old July 8th, 2007, 11:50 PM

Sergeant

Zachariah is on a distinguished road

Hourly updated scores now available at:
http://www.evilzombies.com/dom3/DarMat.html
Old July 10th, 2007, 05:07 PM

Corporal

Sorlakind is on a distinguished road
Default Dark Matter - replacement for Caelum needed

My appologies, but I will no longer be able to play this game. I have submitted my last turn (mainly to avoid a stale turn, no big strategic decisions made) and need a replacement. I am struggling with time and they are already very complicated and time-consuming to do. This situation has already been dragging for far too long. If someone wants to sub, send me a PM.

For the record, Caelum is one of the strongest nations. This is the good point. The bad one, is that almost everyone is waging war with Caelum. The thorn in Caelum's side is Pangaea - one of the strongest if not the strongest nation - and especially its Gorgon that is proving to be a neigh-invincible foe. More details (whatever I can remember, at least) when I send the password.

If no one sends me a PM, I will turn AI - unless somebody has a better option. The deadline is somewhere saturday afternoon (GMT).

Once again, my appologies everyone.
Old July 11th, 2007, 01:59 PM

Sergeant

Ewierl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dark Matter - replacement for Caelum needed

Good thing I have that Gorgon too, I don't have a lot else. Numbers are deceiving when your research and magical diversity are crummy and your army is overwhelmingly Maenads! The long war with Ermor slowed me down a lot on every axis except those I needed to destroy Ermor...
Old July 14th, 2007, 12:27 PM

Sergeant

I'd hate to see Caelum switch over to AI, he's in one of the game's stronger positions right now. I'll go post something in the "new players needed" thread, and tell them to contact you for the password Sorlakind!

Might be worth extending the current turn timelimit, to give a chance for a new player to sign up?
Old July 14th, 2007, 05:59 PM

Corporal

Sorlakind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ewierl said:
I'd hate to see Caelum switch over to AI, he's in one of the game's stronger positions right now. I'll go post something in the "new players needed" thread, and tell them to contact you for the password Sorlakind!

Might be worth extending the current turn timelimit, to give a chance for a new player to sign up?
Heh, didn't even know there was such a thread; thanks Ewierl.

I'll submit a half-played turn tonight and extend the deadline until wednesday afternoon (GMT) - counting 96 hours from now and subtracting a little.
Old July 18th, 2007, 10:04 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have any objections to Man going AI? Any NAPs we had have expired a while ago. Basically it's late game, and I pretty much did not plan for the late game. Oops.

If the Man AI invades anyone, it should be relatively easy to destroy.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:25 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
vfb said:
Does anyone have any objections to Man going AI? Any NAPs we had have expired a while ago. Basically it's late game, and I pretty much did not plan for the late game. Oops.

If the Man AI invades anyone, it should be relatively easy to destroy.
Who needs a late game plan? Not I!

I'd be sad to see the played-nation count drop so precipitously to 3, though it wouldn't be the end of the world- not like I'm anywhere near you on the map. Unless you really think your position wouldn't be fun for anyone to play, want to make a forum post recruiting for a replacement?
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:29 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

I did post for a replacement a couple of times. I had one tentative offer, but then the host suggested that since it was pretty late in the game, it wasn't worth it.

I think Arco or Caelum might get invaded if I go AI. Or if I get a replacement. But it's not like I have an effective late game army or anything.

Edit: I've gone AI, so I don't hold up the game any more. Thanks for the fun!
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?