.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 20th, 2007, 04:59 PM

Sergeant

RicoRico is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Casual PBEM (looking for players)

hosted!
Old July 21st, 2007, 11:28 AM

Corporal

Sorlakind is on a distinguished road
Default Rlyeh: Response to Machaka message.

Greetings, Allseeing, leader of Machaka.

We are responding to your peace proposal in public because, to put it plainly, we do not trust you. And until you have given us reasons to trust you, we will keep responding in public.

As always, you bend words and meanings to suit your propaganda, but this simply will not do. You say in your message and I quote: "But this war of attrition is not getting either of us anything." We are sorry to disappoint you, but for us this is surely *not* a war of attrition. You invaded us, so it is a war of defence and survival. And wouldn't you say that Rlyeh has been sucessful in staving off your attack? Besides, we have killed many mages and summons of yours and looted a decent number of useful war implements from their dead bodies. So I reckon we *are* getting something out of it. I do concede though, *you* are not getting anything out of it.

Since you seem to have a particularly selective memory, I will recapitulate the warning we gave you in our last exchange of words:

"More to the point, and let me couch this in a language that even you can understand: are you sure you want to turn your armies towards Rlyeh? Underwater is where we dwell, not Machaka's. And the war will not stay under the water. In fact, we will make it our mission that *your plans* of world domination will not succeed."

Your response was that we were your inferiors and a war declaration. So now, here you come and ask us for a truce? Maybe to buy some time off to wage a more profitable war somewhere else and then, in the future, to come attack and swallow us again? In your arrogance, you keep treating the Illithids as lobotomized fools. You want a truce? Be prepared to pay compensations.

1. Machaka will waiver *all* of its sea provinces. It will withdraw any armies it has in them or, if it cannot withdraw them, facilitate in every manner whatsoever for Rlyeh to take them, including furnishing any information needed and placing their armies in retreat mode.

2. Rlyeh will send a slave collar to Machaka and it's leader, the so-called Allseeing, will wear it. And to provide evidence that it is wearing said collar, it will attack one of Rlyeh's provinces. Alone and with no bodyguards. Machaka can choose the province to attack and Allseeing can do whatever it wants, including retreating or even win the war and take the province.

3. Machaka will pay war compensations in the form of a quantity of magic gems to be communicated in the future.

Of all the above 3 conditions, only 2. is negotiable. Our intent is not to humiliate Machaka, so, if you present reasonable alternatives we are willing to consider them. Unless you are prepared to pay these compensations, we will keep true to our goal to foil *your* plans of world-domination.

Ctalou, The Agonic Word of Agon.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 05:29 PM

Major

Morkilus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rlyeh: Response to Machaka message.

Quote:
Sorlakind said:
2. Rlyeh will send a slave collar to Machaka and it's leader, the so-called Allseeing, will wear it.
Buah ha ha ha!! Awesome.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 06:26 PM

Sergeant

Naturally, a god wearing a slave collar for another god is unthinkable. Such submission is a fate worse than annihilation by battle or faith. The mere rumour of it must be stopped right here, lest my followers will start acting on their own through their uncontrollable rage of humiliation. This will not help either of us.

The other points will be further negotiated in private conversation, from my part.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 06:27 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Morkilus said:
Quote:
Sorlakind said:
2. Rlyeh will send a slave collar to Machaka and it's leader, the so-called Allseeing, will wear it.
Buah ha ha ha!! Awesome.
OOC: Pretty nasty indeed! ;-)
Old July 23rd, 2007, 01:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

Sir_Dr_D is on a distinguished road
Default Pretender Hall of Fame

What ever happened to Caelums god. The lost I saw it, it was horror marked, cursed and diseased. It had about 7 or 8 afflications including crippled, and lost an arm. Because of the lost an arm it couldn't use the champions trident and had to use its fist. Because of being crippled it only had 2 ap. I saw it trying to take the PD in a province. It moved very slowly, and missed most of the time as it tried to punch enemies with its fist.

If there is any pretender that is worth going into some hall of fame it is that one. Yo can't help but cheer that guy on.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 03:06 PM

Sergeant

Ewierl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pretender Hall of Fame

Quote:
Sir_Dr_D said:
What ever happened to Caelums god. The lost I saw it, it was horror marked, cursed and diseased. It had about 7 or 8 afflications including crippled, and lost an arm. Because of the lost an arm it couldn't use the champions trident and had to use its fist. Because of being crippled it only had 2 ap. I saw it trying to take the PD in a province. It moved very slowly, and missed most of the time as it tried to punch enemies with its fist.
That is what happens when you mess with the copious mages of Avalon... That pretender was pushing us around a lot in the early-mid game, but things turned around nicely after we gave it a horror mark, curse, and disease. The Caelians tried to pull him back, to hide him from our armies, but the disease worked its delicious way over the months. That poor thing has recently been put out of its misery, at long last!
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:35 AM

Sergeant

Let it be known to all that the nation of Machaka has negotiated a truce with the nation of R'Lyeh.

The Allseeing
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:36 AM

Sergeant

5/6 turns are in, waiting for Arcoscephale
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:28 AM

Sergeant

turn hosted! . ..