.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old February 20th, 2009, 07:12 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road
Default Lack of Gold and Desertion

I'm struggling along in the barren seas of a World in Crisis, where armageddons have rocked the world for a couple years.

The problem is, I'm stuck at negative gold income. Well, that wouldn't be all that much of a problem, except it's due to CBM free Gibodai. They keep complaining about the lack of wages, but they don't get serious about it and actually quit. Damned communist Gibodai! I've cranked all my taxes down to 0% in a secret libertarian scheme to bankrupt the welfare system. But the bastards still won't leave me. Seriously, a monthly deficit over 3000 gold and just 12 units emigrate. Out of 40 gazillion.

I'd really like to be able to hire another Mind Lord. But that's not gonna happen until I can get my income positive, and my income is not going to be positive until a lot more units desert.

Shouldn't more units be leaving me?
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old February 20th, 2009, 07:20 AM

Private

GWAR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lack of Gold and Desertion

Ok if u can make a sea kings goblet make one, move a tonne of troops into the water and then switch the sea kings goblet for a ring of water breathing, tada, lots of drowned infantry men, another way to go is to simply go to war with someone and through all your chaff at them.
Old February 20th, 2009, 07:33 AM

General

Thanks, but they are fish. So drowning isn't an option. And no-one else is in the water.

The thought of rounding them all up into a province with a lab and Gateway-ing them onto a land province is just painful. I've got several clumps of starved fish all over the world. I suppose I could Ghost Rider the provinces and all their neighbors too.

But I'd prefer the Gibodai just desert.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
Old February 20th, 2009, 07:48 AM

Private

GWAR is on a distinguished road

ok how about cramming every unit u dont want into the province with the least ammount of supply. it will still take a while but it should speed up the rate at which u lose men after a bit
Old February 20th, 2009, 07:56 AM

General

Yeah, I did that, but had Gift of Health up. Now they are diseased, and should all be dead sometime around turn 110. Thanks anyway.
Old February 20th, 2009, 01:11 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

If only you'd been using my "Final Sacrifice" mod, eh!

Actually, perhaps I should put a link to it in my sig.

Edit: Done!
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old February 20th, 2009, 03:02 PM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road

I think they're magic beings, so load drop them off at a friendly neighbors PD & retreat.
Old February 20th, 2009, 03:15 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland View Post
I think they're magic beings, so load drop them off at a friendly neighbors PD & retreat.
But they are not Mindless, so they'll just retreat if they have no Magic Leader.
Old February 20th, 2009, 03:52 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfb View Post
Damned communist Gibodai! I've cranked all my taxes down to 0% in a secret libertarian scheme to bankrupt the welfare system. But the bastards still won't leave me.
For some reason this really cracked me up.

Anyway, I don't have the game/mod in front of me, but I thought I had made Gibodai a free summon where the polypal queens have to use the order to generate them? If not, I'll switch it over to that next version.
Old February 20th, 2009, 06:21 PM

General

Yes, that's right, each Polypal Queen must issue the order to summon the Gibodai for free. The water in the game map is one of those 'winding river' kind of deals that nearly all the hand-drawn maps have, rather than the 'big pond' you get from random maps. So maintaining positive dominion is difficult for water nations, especially when nearly all the land nations seen to have their capitol on the coast. I managed it with quite a few early Polypal Queens. But they are H2, so preaching doesn't do anything once you get to dom5, so I thought, hey, free Gibodai!

Everything was going swimmingly because I've got order-growth-luck scales and tons and tons of cash. Or at least I did until TC cast AN, which I thought was not a nice thing to do, so I invaded him, being his closest neighbor. I made pretty good progress against him, and also got some help from Sauromatia teleporting in, and Hinnom too a bit later. And that's when the armageddons started, and when they were finished I no longer had my precious gold income any more.

The Gibodai are free to summon, but of course still cost upkeep, though it's halved since they are sacred. But 30 forts and 10 Polypal Mothers per fort=300 Gibodai per turn. Oops.