.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 27th, 2010, 12:44 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Countdown - ***Started***

First post updated.
Two, did you destroy the fort as required?

Hows the game going for everyone? Seems like Ver is really rocking....
Any comments from Tien, Pan, or lanka?
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

TwoBits is on a distinguished road

The fort is gone. Marverni is choosing not to declare its VPs.
Old May 27th, 2010, 04:09 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Fair enough. First post updated.
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:30 PM

Corporal

Pablomatic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
First post updated.
Two, did you destroy the fort as required?

Hows the game going for everyone? Seems like Ver is really rocking....
Any comments from Tien, Pan, or lanka?
The Tuatha would like to comment that the combination of strands of arcane power and the lightning global that Arco has cast have so far proven to be his greatest weapon. These are likely to cause each of you problems in turn, whether you fight him or no.

We wish all other nations to know that it may take longer to deprive Arco of his victory point locations than you realize. We urge you to join in bloody war immediately against the Philosopher Kings, each on his own front.

May your hearts be warm,

Tir General Staff
Old May 28th, 2010, 12:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

Verjigorm is on a distinguished road

Claiming 3 VPs again:

81 101 105 [[+3 VP Turn 45]]

Total: 42 points
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

Additionally, one should recognize that the spear point of Tir na Nog is quite sharp, but all of the units that comprise it are made in the capitol, so the shaft of the spear is frequently much softer.

This means that since the spear point is located far from his capitol, he is currently weak and vulnerable to attack by neighbors on his other borders. If you think there's no way I can withstand the onslaught, and you know that he cannot abandon his mission to destroy me, then you know this:

1) If he takes over my lands, he will probably win the game for himself as he will be 3-4 capitols strong and holding strong positions both in and near the water.

2) Since he can't abandon his mission to defend himself, you can easily acquire provinces on his other borders.

His capitol is the sunny province of #14 in the forest between the two chains of mountains topped by castles, due northeast of the former capitol of Lanka, southeast of the capitol of Helheim, due west of the capitol of Hinnom.

The capitol of Kailasa is #206 if you were thinking of invading them. I will provide you with significant scrying data for their provinces and conduct free Stone Sphere scans of anything you like in either of these nations, just PM me! Scans of allied nations will not be given.

Last edited by Verjigorm; May 28th, 2010 at 08:43 AM..
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:00 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

Hate to disappoint, Verj, but having given my heartfelt pleas for them to attack you, I'd feel a bit of a poor sport to stab them in the back now.

But, then again, I am working on my betrayal skills...
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old May 28th, 2010, 01:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

Oh, you can't disappoint me since, as someone who obviously has almost 50% of the required victory points, I would never expect anyone who wasn't doomed, betrayed, or generally disgruntled to side with me since by doing so one virtually ensures themselves not to win. There are, however, lots of reasons to switch sides, above and beyond that which have been given. Plus, the idea that, if I am unsuccessful in my attempts to repel the alliance, that I shall at the very least stack the deck in favor of TNN's loss even though, should he succeed, he shall have a good position on winning.

This being my very first MP game, I've thought that my performance with this only briefly tested build is quite promising, though I am always thinking of ways to tweak it or alternatives. It being an Immortal Pretender Turtling strategy, I have found it quite effective at repelling the Celtic hordes, though I think next time, I should like to have more castles... Of course, if I want more castles, I should just play LA Man...

Of course one should never be pessimistic about ones own strategy... I just need to hold on for 20 turns and then success, and King of the Hill is one of the most challenging victories to pull off.... Therefore, I must reply:

Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!! All shall fall before the Blinding Light of the Grand Empress of the World, Shaula for all the heavens bow before her greatness!
Old May 28th, 2010, 02:06 PM

Sergeant

Peacekeeper is on a distinguished road

when looking for help, its probably not wise to cast Wrath of God beforehand. I never would have attacked you if you didnt cast that global.
Old May 28th, 2010, 02:56 PM

Corporal

Pablomatic is on a distinguished road

The Tir General Staff assures all assembled that Tir has more than one Spearpoint. We are well aware that we cannot afford to risk ourselves entirely against the Philosophers and leave openings for a stab in the back as others husband their strength.

Our only significant casualties to date have been the result of Arco's two global enchantments. All other nations should be aware of the danger they pose.

Many of you other nations have been waiting, as we were, for others to bear the burden of war to claim the sacred VPs. I say to you now that Tir na n'Og will not bear the entire burden of war with the Philosophers, because we are aware of the larger implications. If we can easily defeat him, we may, but we will never overcommit outside our heartland.

It so happens that Arco's Capitol is located in province 97 on the north bank of the river, between two bridges to the west of the VP lake, if anyone didn't know. It was this discovery, in part that prompted our war. Arcosephale cannot allow anyone close to the VPs because his capitol is there, while we can allow help against him from any quarter, and do not need to hold the VPs.

The Philosophers also mentioned "allies." We ask all free nations to ponder the meaning of this statement. The actions of every nation shall, as Arcosephale gains VP points, reveal much. If Arco is allied with someone, and they hold VPs, can the two combine VPs for the win? I assume not. Declare a joint victory then?

*Also, I will be unable to submit turns from Saturday the 30th until the following Saturday. I have posted for a sub. If anyone knows of a possible sub, please pass this request on.*