.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 26th, 2010, 07:26 AM

Private

freykin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: STACKERS, newbie game, (started)

Both of you calm down. You're both getting way too personal over a GAME. We're here to have fun! While I admit I am a bit surprised at the amount of diplomacy that has gone on, which can tend to sour things between people when treaties are broken and such, I'm certainly not going to hold anything anyone does in this game against them. Heck, this game is designed around the concept that only one nation can be standing at the end, so we shouldn't be surprised that someone does whatever it takes to win, including seeking out of game help from veterans and guides and such. I know I have been reading up on my nation on the forums/wiki, and playing some SP games as them to see what I'm doing wrong/right.

As for a coalition, I'm sorry guys, but if I sign that R'leyh is just going to kill me right off, me being his weaker neighbor. I'm pretty happy in my forts weathering this Burden of Time business.

Now if you want some REAL competition from me, then you'll have to come play the competitive game I actually am good at, but it's quite a different genre.
Old June 26th, 2010, 07:30 AM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road

oh, you play league of legends too? :P
started playing that like a month ago, being free and all but unfortunately I have too much lag throughout most of the day so I only play at night or early morning, and on the European server... still not very good at it but I'm getting better.
Old June 26th, 2010, 08:11 AM

Corporal

Amadamus is on a distinguished road

My post on the other forum wasnt a whinge, it was posing the question on the inclusion of certain spells - no need to refrain from posting in it.

In case you forget, i didnt build my pretender - indeed Abby had staled the first 4 turns before i took them over. It took a huge amount of fiddle farting around to craft a strategy given the crimping i suffered at teh begining, and you think its as easy as that to just completley change course and implement a whole new strategy based around druids when the one i went with was just coming to fruition?

To cap it off - that said strat just fell over with BoT... seeing as you are quoting from the other thread you will see that Burnsaber suggested that BoT meant lights out for Abby. It was seriously devestating!

That is my point! Nature has its own recourse to aging problems but i went the blood route as thats that card i had to play - boots of youth did nothing to protect my mages.

I apologise for turning this into a moan fest and for thinking you were talking about me when you alluded to handing out the lessons.

The frustration i have is that it feels like the cat has jumped on my month long game of War in the East and the counters have scattered all over the floor...

Anyways, your right Freykin - storm in a tea cup.
Old June 26th, 2010, 10:15 AM

Corporal

Nauquan is on a distinguished road

I would, of course, be interested in joining anyone in fighting the squishy fishies.
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:37 PM

Corporal

Greyjoy is on a distinguished road

I'll be cheerleading from the distant sidelines, mostly. There's not a whole lot I can do directly; I'm a bit short on astral CASTERS (got a few I'm carefully nursing in an undisclosed location) and most of my other stuff doesn't work so good under the sea.

You got plenty of moral support, though. And me refraining from eviscerating Abysia when he's down.

Speaking of which, you two (Nau and Ama) should be talking, if you're not already. See if you can come to an amicable agreement for when Shin stops twitching.
Old June 26th, 2010, 08:26 PM

Private

otic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyjoy View Post
See if you can come to an amicable agreement for when Shin stops twitching.
Twitching?

That makes me sound like a meth burnout or a half-eviscerated mouse under a cat's paw. Couldn't you come up with something a little more dignified?
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:37 PM

Corporal

The mouse is exactly the image I was looking for, but how about "breathes his last"?
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

Verjigorm is on a distinguished road

Just tested:

Lycanthropos' Amulet removes Disease affliction and cures "old age" when it activates.

Any mage you use it on becomes ritual-only due to the "Gone Berserk" effect, but since the disease disappears when it activates it actually makes a more robust ritual caster mage. I was using these on Crones with MA Man. The non-disease afflictions remain after transformation, so you might eventually want a healer, but this would make old age less of a concern for nations like Abysia. 2N required to make means that if all you have is Wolf Tribe Shamans you might have to empower nature by 1, but very worth the time. Any mage with a disease gets an amulet.
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:49 AM

Private

cwkjc is on a distinguished road

Bandar Log need a sub (holidays => 05/07 - 20/07) if you know someone...
Old June 30th, 2010, 11:51 AM

Corporal

cwkjc: with a little bit of luck, no you won't.